North Cyprus Tourist Board - Ozankoy Flower Show - Competitors
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Ozankoy Flower Show - Competitors

Ozankoy Flower Show - Competitors

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

crofter

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 08:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

Can someone please tell us if the competitions were open to professionals aswell as amateurs. Thinking of the photography and flower arranging sections in particular. If so, then it does not seem fair as a professional will obviously have a better chance of winning.

Any others feel the same on this one?

scruffdog

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 08:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

I know an amateur won one of the categories, the quality of the entries was tremendous. Your question could be asked of all the classes, it was fun and the best won. The whole weekend was a success, all organised by the British side and enjoyed by all. If you did not go make it a must for next year.

crofter

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

Scruffdog - that is the point.

If professionals are allowed to enter they are the best and therefore will win.

Agreed that the whole event over the two days was well attended, fun and thanks go to all the organisers. We shall definately be watching 'this' space Libby re next years event. Thanks go to you and Alex for all your hard work.

mia100max

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

I entered the flora & fauna photography section & the entry form was very specific. What won.... a photo of 3 baby birds???? Not a flower or leaf in sight.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

a photo of 3 baby birds???? Not a flower or leaf in sight.

I entered the same section.

How on earth can a photo of birs win flower and fauna ffs

What is going on ???

However the rules are strange

54. Nature and Wildlife Any choice of flora and fauna

http://www.ozankoyflowershow.com/page8.html

hal9000

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

I entered one of the photography classes as an amateur and won, while a professional photographer took second place. I suppose that it just goes to show that getting paid for doing something doesn't necessarily mean you're better at it than someone who does it for fun!

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

I see the Kibris Linedancers were reeled out again, geratric aerobics lol...total embarassment...and even worse they all think they are superstars, just like watching the derby and joan club ... the tc's just looked on in total amazement and bewilderment...time to call a day folks

jimm127

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

Hi, thanks for your comments, every one, positive or negative, is noted to help make the show improve.

To answer the specific points above, first form the Cambridge Dictionary

"fauna noun all the animals that live wild in a particular area"

I hope this shows the category description was correct, and actually the group of owls was second.We will take the comments on board though and be more specific next time.

As for Amateur v professional, we thought of this many times, but yet again it has been proved that each entry is judged on merit. To my knowledge no professional won any of the photo or art classes and I know the arrangement winner was also an "amateur".

Finally thanks to everyone who came and made the weekend such a success, see you all next year.Alex

Ps The biggest thanks of all to the wonderful squad of volunteers who beavered awaybehind the scenes, there would be no show without them, thanks to everyone of you!!!

hasan1

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

i respect my olders, but i must say it would have been safer on a zimmer frame

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

I went line dancing a while back and found it to be the most ridiculous thing I had ever done...I only went for some of the company but didnt join in...they take it so serioulsy and what a bunch of plonkers some of them are lol, and the men that do it...well enough said

PhotoK

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

Fırst of all I want to thank everyone who made this flower show happen.

I read the posts about the photography competition. I have no clue who the judges were but in the portrait class the photograph which came third wasnt a portrait!

In the abstract class none of the winning photographs were abstract and they explained nothing about TRNC. In the motion class the photograph which came second was an amazing photograph. I personallt think it should have won.

In the flora fauna class yes flora fauna includes animals and the photograph which came second was a very rare and special photograph. they were 3 or 4 baby owls but I personally liked the lizard head the best.

Anyway i think next year if it happens again please may the judges be professional photographers or at least may they know what an abstract and a portrait photograph is

dogsbody

Message Posted:
05/05/2009 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

I heartily agree with you photok. I too had an entry in the abstract class and thought most of them weren't abstract at all. I thought mine was best anyway despite the judges not even giving it a 3rd! It was the one of the ABSTRACT sunset. Anybody else like it?

Next year the entry forms must be very explicit in the description of what the judges are looking for.

All in all it was a very well organised show and congratulations to Alex and all his helpers. We all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tim

valarius

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

Well Catalkoykid so you think that the Turkish Cypriots are having a good laugh do you? can I just tell you that in one class we have we have 7 Turkish Cypriots learning to Line Dance. We may be geriactrics to you but at least we have the guts to have a go and entertain folk. We wouldn't be asked to dance anywhere by the Belediyesi if we were rubbish would we. I feel you are a very sad sole in great need of help. prehaps you should think of doing something good in your life instead of critising us. We do good by dancing for charities. Be careful what you say, this is a very small Island.

A Proud member of the Kibris Liners Team

valarius

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

Deecyprus4. So you came and tried Line dancing did you. Was it to hard for you Love? I don't know what lesson you came to but it couldn't have been any of our 4 classes we run. The people who are in them never stop laughing. ok we look serious sometimes but that is probably because when you are learning a 64 step dance one has to concentrate. Shame you didn't continue with it it may have broadened your outlook on life, kept you fit and stopped you from getting boarded.

A proud member of the Kibris Liners Team

Lemtich

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 01:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

Valarius.

I have passed your postings. I'd just add, "be careful what you say!"

Your words Message 13. Threatening postings are not enjoyed by anyone.

Lem

reangi

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

Everyone has a right to their opinion which should be respected, but do you have to post such derogatory comments about an activity that tens of thousands of people worldwide enjoy. We are just a group of people that enjoy line dancing and many people enjoy watching us - and that includes the local population. I am not ashamed to say that I am a line dancer and certainly not ashamed to sign off with my real name.

Steve Bisson, co-founder of the present day Kibris Liners

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

I would certainly be thrown out of the Kibris Liners,clumsy isn't the word,and anyway I would just forget all the steps.

Catalkoykid,in defence of The Kibris Liners, they performed at the Tepebasi Tulip Festival and the TC's thought they were an amazing bunch of not so young folk entertaining the crowd and keeping fit at the same time.

Have a nice day.

melinda

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

In reply to those critics of the Line Dancing. As a geriatric Line Dancer I'd like to point out the following.

1. The Line Dancers were there by invitation of the organisers.

2. More Cypriots are now joining classes.

3. Although you appear to congratulate the Show, you then go on to criticise. The judging. the different

. classes , amatuer verses professional etc. etc.

4. Line dancing is excercise & fun, I'm sure you remember fun, um, maybe you don't!

valarius

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

Lemtic I have just read your comment. Please accept my appologies, I was just so angrey when I read those comments about us. But I stand duely reprimanded. Will try to be good in future.

Chegwin

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

Shouldn’t that be an' Gray...............????

Only messing. Each to their own and if it makes someone smile, so what?

Chegwin

firebreathing

Message Posted:
20/05/2009 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

I would like to say thankyou to you for informing me that as a 50 year old line dancer I am now according to you and other ignorant people a geriatric.

May I suggest that rather than insulting good people who put a great deal of time and effort into making this a very enjoyable and sociable hobby (that you are obviously incapable of taking part in)GET A LIFE.

numpty

Message Posted:
22/05/2009 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

I am a member of the Kibris Line Dancers and i throughly enjoy it, the exercise is very good. Maybe those of you who criticize it should give it a go, or would it be to demanding of you. As firebreathing said GET A LIFE

Eileen Boswell

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

It is you lot that need to get a life..jeez you take everything so seriously lol....line dancing is not much different to morris dancing and they are ridiculed as well...reel your necks in and stop with the threats..unless valarius you are going to attack me with your zimmer frame lmao.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.