North Cyprus Tourist Board - To Negative Nick & Residency Update
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > To Negative Nick & Residency Update

To Negative Nick & Residency Update

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
05/05/2009 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Nick, A while ago you kindly gave me details to find the immigration building in Lefkosia. Despite being there before I have no sense of direction. Well, I found it first time, no problem, so thanks. Also the system has changed slightly again. Now when you get their, there is a clipboard on the bench where you write down your name, and the man comes out about 8.15, takes it away for 5 minutes then brings it back with everyone's number, which he gives out, with the persons name on that you will see. He then calls each person in individually when it is their turn. It worked very well, with no pushing etc. I arrived at quarter to 8 and was out by 8.35. Had a nice smiley lady look after me, and everybody looked very relaxed, so no complaints.

everon

Message Posted:
05/05/2009 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

so happy for you stellastar1, that you were sorted out so quickly. We arrived at the office at 8.30am this morning, to collect our pink cards (our 4th year). There was already quite a queue, the 'man' gave us our numbers 10 & 11 (not bad I thought). There were three ladies behind the desks, two and a half hours later, we finally saw our lady, yes our file is ready, "but you can't have your pink cards because you are two weeks early" Well we replied, last year we came two weeks early, no problem, the police also told us to pick it up now. "no you must come back in two weeks time" So, as usual, every time we go the rules have changed. Oh well, we will be back in two weeks time and try again !

negativenick

Message Posted:
05/05/2009 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

another Neg Nick top tip...

Mindy

Message Posted:
05/05/2009 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

In all the time we have had the little pink or blue books w have never needed to show them, why do we need them now that we have the residency stamp in our passports.

Just a thought...

everon

Message Posted:
06/05/2009 00:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

yes true! why have a pink book at all! why cant the police just stamp our renewal, after all if we have been in any trouble it will be on their computers, so a stamp for the good guys & an investigation for the bad guys! SIMPLE x

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.