North Cyprus Tourist Board - water meters
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > water meters

water meters

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

simma

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi every one, I've read throughthe posts on electricity meters but there hasn't been much said about water meters. Anyone know what kind of wait there is at the moment?

Perry

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

It depends on where you are. We had the new 'smart' meters in Bellapais where you prepay for your water on an electronic card. We did not have to wait at all.....

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I agree with Perry, it depends on where you live. I know in Esentepe that unless you are actually in the Village itself then at the moment they aren't connecting you to mains water.

Karen

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Simma

Not sure if you are classed as in the actual village as I'm not sure where the boundary is. We are just outside, literally, but our house was built before the houses on the hill were started so there wasn't a shortage. Speak to the Beladesyia to see whether you can be connected. The mains goes down to the Restaurant so you may be in luck.

Karen

simma

Message Posted:
16/02/2008 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

thanks karen, are your friends above me connected? And does that mean i have to organise a tanker to fill up the storage tanks.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
16/02/2008 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

John

I was about to answer yes about our friends but then thought about it and I'm sure when they were last out they were running a hose pipe from the house next door to the restaurant. They could of course just be waiting for the meter/connection.

If you aren't able to be connected to mains then unfortunately yes you will have to tanker water in, you'll have to do this anyway if you have a pool unless you are lucky enough to have access to a well, because you are not allowed to fill your pool from mains water (or water the garden). If you are found to be watering the garden or filling the pool from mains then the Beledeysia will cut off your water completely.

Karen

simma

Message Posted:
16/02/2008 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Cheers Karen, how much is water per tonne?

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
16/02/2008 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

John

The cost varies from district to district and it also depends on how much you take. The more you have delivered the cheaper it is.

Glen may be able to give you an estimate of how much it is.

Karen

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.