North Cyprus Tourist Board - Watermaid Pool System
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Watermaid Pool System

Watermaid Pool System

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

astonhilbilly

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Does anybody run their pool with a Watermaid System? We have had one running since 2005 and are finding that the electricity costs are now very high. £58 per month over the winter months with only the pool pump running.

As we can't retire until next year we are considering changing to an Aligator System as this only has to run for half the time of the Watermaid.

Is anybody using the Aligator System? If so, what's your opinion of it?

Sideways

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

astonhilbilly.

In the winter, spring & autumn I run my pump+watermaid for 3 hours per day and the chlorine is correct.

Obviously in the summer with more use and sun I run it longer.

How long do you run yours for?

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
09/05/2009 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

We have been testing an Aligator system in an 8x4m skimmer pool for over a year now. I have asked the owner of the pool in which it is fitted to answer your query. I can tell you that the running cost of an Aligator is about half that of any chlorinator, Watermaid or otherwise.

I do think you are possibly running your pump/chlorinator for too many hours in the winter, by the look of your electricity spend, but in Jun, July, August a chlorinator may need 12 to 14 hours per day run time and this involves running the pool pump at the same time. Typically, an Aligator needs 6 hours per day in the summer and 3 in the winter, unless you have a large pool when you may need an hour or so more..

astonhilbilly

Message Posted:
09/05/2009 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Hubby at work but will ask him to confirm - as far as I know the pool only runs for a couple of hours each day in the winter and for 2, 6 hour periods (late evening and during the night) in the summer.

We spent over £200 in September buying various additives (uppers, downers, Chlorine, algaecide & salt) because the pool had black algae - awful stuff to get rid of!!

I don't want to swim in a chemical pool and find the water quality with the Watermaid ideal but hubby says with the electricity and chemical costs going up we must find a cheaper alternative and the Aligator will pay for itself in a few years.

Thanks for the answers - anyone else out there with any useful advice/suggestions?

zerochlor

Message Posted:
09/05/2009 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Message 4

anyone else out there with any useful advice/suggestions

if your looking for a chlorine free swimming pool. please look at my website

http://www.zerochloreuropean.com

1ltr of the product is good for around 1 month,i hope you find the website information some use to you.

Bblondie

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Have had the Aligator fitted in my pool for a year now and could not be more pleased with the results, the water is crystal clear and has been all winter.

The pump only needs to run 3 hours in 12 which is about half of what the Watermaid needs, I actually think it only run for a couple of hours a day during the winter.

The computer on the Aligator has a summer and winter setting which automatically changes the way the Aligator runs so its very user friendly it is set up at the beginning with the amount of water that your pool has and it calculates the amount of usage it needs.

I could wax lyrical for ages but I really must get on with some work.

cornish

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

I distribute and sell creepy crawlies for pools. These are an automatic pool cleaning device and the USA made 'Floatron' device that means you will virtually never put chemicals in your water again. http://www.agaobard.com Telephone me on 0533 842 6457

yunus

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

the aligator will pay for its self in one year. compared to any other system out at the moment i am sure this is your best bet. talk to vaughn at octopus pools about prices, fitting etc.

waddo

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

cornish, web URL not working!

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

I had a Watermaid installed early in 2006 and it has kept the pool clean and healthy ever since.

HOWEVER - the cell which generates the chlorine has now failed 3 times in 3½ years. The first time was replaced under warranty (by Octopus), the second time I paid £168 (again Octopus). Today I went to Splash Pools (who now have the franchise) and was asked for £430 for a new cell - I didn't wait to ask if that included fitting.

Watermaid turns out to have been a very expensive mistake for me.

himen

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

jovial joh try vine pools i am shure that giza bring some from UK watermaids much cheper ones.....any whay UN bitlis from splash its litle bit mad about prices...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.