North Cyprus Tourist Board - New to this, and hope for help along the way with sound advice
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New to this, and hope for help along the way with sound advice

New to this, and hope for help along the way with sound advice

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Grey80

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hello everyone, how are you, i am thinking of moving to northern Cyprus, and am sure i am going to have lots of questions so any help would be really appreciated

i have two to start with,

Can anyone give me advice on getting permant visa for me and my girlfriend

I would like to bring my car with me but dont like the 40% tax of the value of the ca, It would be 12 000 GBP is there anyway around this or do i just have to sell my pride and joy

Thanks for anyone who helps me

PS will i enjoy it over there

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

laws have changed it now 28.28% of glasses guide value, + a % of every cc you car is, tell me the cc of your car ill give you the cost

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Grey80

Have you visited TRNC? If you have you should know if you are going to enjoy it here. If you have not then have a few holidays, at different times of the year if you are serious about living in the TRNC.

P

negativenick

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Grey,

i year temp visa is fairly easy to arrange..

Forget the car - they'll run you ragged and stiff the living daylights out of you in duty - best to buy over here and plenty of bargains to be had...

Would suggets you rent for 1 year and see if you like the place - don't rush anything there is plenty of choice and be wary of hanger's on offering to get you things at the right price...

Ask plenty of questions and ask the same questions to plenty of people...

Nick

Stewart

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

rent for the time being....leave the car untill there is a settlement...maybe this year?

britvic

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Welcome to the forum Grey80, and Good Luck.

Vicki

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

put it on zt plates a defer the tax

the butler

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Grey80,

I notice you are only 29, can I ask if you have independant means of support or do you have a job offer?

I am saying this because it is very difficult to work here because you need a permit and jobs are very scarce.

You could always live in the north and cross the border to work in the south of course, as many do. I would

come for six months and rent and see how you like it before making any firm commitments.

The butlers wife

rtddci

Message Posted:
10/05/2009 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Ryan

Could you give us a clue as to how you came to think about a move to North Cyprus? Appreciate you may not feel comfortable sharing something about yourself but a brief outline on whether you would want to work, whether you have TC blood re work permit, what sort of accomodation you'd need, children re schools etc. This would help others give you advice.

Meanwhile I'd agree with those that express caution. NC seems to be a place where if you have something to lose, you probably will.

Grey80

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 09:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Hello all, thanks for answering me, i have the means to support myself, i work in Kazahkstan month on and month off, and funds are not an issue, it has been on the cards for me and my girlfriend to move abroad for some time now and after lengthy disscusions with two of the lads who have moved out there that i work with, this seems like the possible place for us, I am planning a holiday for the 20/062009, that is when i am off and again in october or november and if all is well would like to move over after xmas. I plan on renting for at least 6 months as to get a feel for the place and maybe longer, if it then works out i will buy a place over there.

I was hoping for some sort of Job for my girlfriend she is a hair dresser but anything really just for when i am away to keep her busy, if she can not find anything then looks like she will be a lady of luxury.

Catalkoykid regards to my car, it has a big engine, 3 litre the car is 1 years old BMW 335i so really would appreciate hp

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.