North Cyprus Tourist Board - A Holiday Debriefing
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > A Holiday Debriefing

A Holiday Debriefing

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 07:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Got back last night from a 21 day holiday in NC . After an interesting start , like being detained at the airport , with some prostitutes , and spending the next morning at the police station and being bailed out by our Car hire supplier Hakan of Sur car hire , who is my absolute hero by paying my fine { bless you Hakan , god knows where i would be if it was'nt for you xx } Then being 4 hrs late getting to Guido's { got lost in the mountains } I would like to say it improved from there on , all i will say is it certainly was an eventful holiday . And one i would'nt have missed for the world . It is of no wonder to me why 44 is THE most successful forum , it's the wonderful people on here that has helped make it so { no doubt about it } I have met some of the most genuine loveliest people you could wish to . You all know who you are , there are too many to mention , i would'nt wish to offend anyone by forgetting to name them . You are just about the nicest people i have ever met .

spider

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 07:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Simbas, it was real nice to meet you,and do hope our paths cross again,am sure they will on a lunch do,great that you made it,take care,god bless.

Spider,x

smithy

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 07:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Smimbas

I was so lovely to meet you at our get together and please let us know when you will be back over and we will make sure you get an invite, I hope its trouble free next time,

Take care

Sheila (smithy)

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 07:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Con't ,

{ I dont get out much , only jesting } you have made my holiday just about as perfect as it could be . Thank you all very very much , it was a pleasure and a privilege to meet you all . And i look forward to meeting you all again { if you could stand it }

A huge thanks to Lilli & Guido The most delightful couple one could wish to meet and for putting up with me on our many meetings up . Bless you both . Guido your food is most delicious , i must have had most of your menu , so i feel qualified to post comment , thank you both for your warmth and hospitality .Met up with Sir Wyn and Lady Wyn on the 6th at 6pm at the Pia Bella started talking , and we were still at it 11am the next day . A warm and genuine couple we felt we had known them for years. And hope to keep. It was Lady Wyn's B'day and we celebrated it with them along with Lilli And Guido and the lovely James { thanks for the little packet , i got through customs no problem , nod nod wink wink .

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Spider , wild horses could'nt keep me from your famous lunches .

Love Simbas

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 07:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Morning Sheila , thank you , it was a delightful experience to meet you . I look forward to my invitation to the next { by the way , love your tan }

Have a great day , love , Simbas

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Good morning Lilli , Tiggy says he and the lovely Linda will try and get to you { well worth the meet }We only spent 2 days with them and Guiness and his wife we had the last supper at the Moon then returned to the UK the next morning .

Hope you are both well , Pat xx

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 08:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Simbas it was lovely to meet you and I look forward to your next visit...hope your journey home was less eventful than your arrival ..take great care, lots of love and best wishes ..Dee xx

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 08:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Dee , it was a real pleasure to meet you too , its great that i can now put faces to names , i certainly look forward to meeting you again

Love Pat xx

wackyjim

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 08:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Simbas

Glad to hear you had a great time and are back home safe and sound.

It was a real pleasure meeting up with you and your pals.. the 3 of you were clearly having a ball.

I'm a bit worried that you might just be taking a shine to that dreadful Wyn man...I have already sent him a hands off message!!!!

Take care and hope to see you again soon

G. x

Lilli

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

good morning Simbas. Already you are missed. They people who asked me this week if you were coming in. Too many. Well if Tommy is reading this I told you I was a matchmaker.Simbas beleive me the pleasure was all ours. You are a delightful refreshing breat of fresh air. A true lady. I enjoyed your company and the lovely Bel together with Lord and Lady Wyn. Keep us posted on the progress with the lovely George. You are so right about this board . They are such a lovely bunch of people. xxxxxxx

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 09:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Morning George , yeh ! were back , and relatively unscathed by our many experiences . We are well used to eventful holidays by now so no big deal there . It really was lovely to meet you in the flesh !!!!!!!!! . no seriously it was a real pleasure to meet you and look forward to meeting you soon again . hope Fiona is feeling better . No need for your concern George , you shine too brightly for that !!

Love Pat xx

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Good morning Lilli and to the gorgeous Guido oh and not forgetting my supplier James , bless you both for making our holiday an event to remember , lets hope the pictures come out . We really did enjoy meeting you both .George , well ! i will say no more .I don't know if you heard but wyn managed to somehow get the lady Wyn secured in some old ruin , and is in the throws of getting Kibris to supply the necessary electric for her containment , at the moment he is using a generator and a dozen burly guards , to whom the lady Wyn has taken a shine to . So Wyn really is'nt having a good time of it at the moment , so please forum members spare a kind thought to the man who singly handed tries his level best to protect us all from the Lady Wyn , God bless him in his quest !!!

Love simbas

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Simbas, nice to see you back.

Why were you detained at the airport? Was it Ercan?

Tony

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Tony , Thanks , yes it was Ercan . Apparently i was caught on camera speeding . When i got to passport control , some girls { prostitutes }in front of us were taken away and detained in a room. When it was my turn it was quite embarrasing i was wondering if the people thought i was one as well , the officer did'nt speak english and i did'nt speak Turkish i thought he was saying " drive carefully " more fool me eh ! at least i was not detained in a cell , anyhow another officer took over and put me right . i had to report to Famagusta Police station the next Day , cut a long story short 25 points against my license and a 190 tl fine .

have a good day , Pat

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Sorry to hear that, Pat.

Similar thing happened to a friend crossing from ROC back to TRNC at Metehan. Despite living in Kyrenia for 27 years he was told he was not allowed entry to TRNC because he had an unpaid speeding fine which he had not been told about. He asked how he could pay when he didnt know about it. Shrugged shoulders was the answer. After a lot of hassle and payment of €108 he was allowed in.

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Well Tony , thats life all forgotten now

Regards , Pat

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

I was told they were prostitutes by a fellow passenger and no they did'nt actually call people dearie , although i might be wrong they might have done , but i don't understand Turkish . They were very pretty girls with lovely unnaturally blonde hair and who were skillfully made up , they wore vertically challenged lengthed clothes and tottered on 6inch heels had no luggage or hand luggage just carried a purse in their hands . Hope this description is of use to you

Regards , Simbas

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

As an old seadog, I won't hear a word said against prostitutes. They offer a valuable service which, provided nobody gets hurt and they are not doing it against their will, I can't see any harm in. If married men are unfaithful that's something the wife needs to take up with the husband, the girls are just earning a crust..

simbas

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

For Pity sake aceshigh , i am only telling you what i was told , they round up these girls on a regular basis apparently they fly in , in the evening and fly out in the morning . Not my words

Regards , Simbas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.