North Cyprus Tourist Board - Water Connection Conundrum
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Water Connection Conundrum

Water Connection Conundrum

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 08:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I have an apartment on a small private development of 34 properties in karaoglanoglu when finished.

My builder has told me that the water company will only bring the mains water to the start of the development and that all our meters will have to be a long distance from our properties unless we allow the municipality to adopt the road. He even told us that having a road going through the site will increase the value?

If that is the case my water meter will be 70 yards away and I will be responsible for any problems in future including digging up the road if there were to be a leak. The builder said there will have to be 34 seperate water pipes running to every property and that could cause serious problems for the development especially in digging up roads when finished.

Can you give me some guidance please

Ian

cornish

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Does it matter if your meter is 70 Yds away? You would be responsible for leaks from your pipes your side of the meter - here as in UK.

Having an adopted road through your site does not necessarily put the value up but it means that in theory - you don't have to pay for its' upkeep. When your road is surfaced by the municipality - is another question of course. Also, if the road is adopted by the municipality - your builder will say that it's not his responsibility to surface the road. I presume in your contract; it states that he has to prepare road surfaces?

Hope some of this helps

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks I understand what you say. I would rather have a private gated complex with the mains water to my property. The builder says the water company will not do that but not sure if that is true or not

jeffers

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

The builder is responsible for the water pipes from the meter to you house. I suppose he is trying to avoid pauing for this?? If you can; stay with the gated complex idea and either make sure you get a competant and reaonable property management company to look after your site or do it yourselves. I know that Esquare offer good property management sevices. I recently bought a property through them.

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Thank you for the advice it is much appreciated

Ian

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.