North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkcell phone account
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkcell phone account

Turkcell phone account

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

CJtill

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

My husband went to Turkcell yesterday to try and change his phone from pay as you go to an account. They said he couldn't do it as he was a visitor. They then said he would have to bring his Kocan and his permission in!!! Couldn't get to the bottom of what they meant by the permission but in the end they relented and said bring the Kocan. I changed my account over about a year ago and no one asked for Kocans or said I was a visitor so couldn't have an account. Has anyone else changed over to an account lately.

Corinne

dav88

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Corinne

No I use Telsim pay as you go plus im a local but it sounds silly for them to ask for your kochan as expats dont even get their kochans for about 2 years!! They probably want to be assured that you are based here and will not run away with outstanding bills but realistically a local or someone with a kochan could not pay their bills and still leave the country! Silly people.... Maybe he should talk to the manager or simply try Telsim instead.

Sandy

bah100

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Five years ago when I first arrived in the TRNC I managed to open a Turkcell account, they required to see my contract for the house we were buying and my passport and they then opened the account. In those days there was a very helpful young lady in the Turkcell office whose name was Jill I think but she has been gone many years now. I do have to say how convienent it has been having the account which my bank paid each month by standing order and because of this I got 5 minutes free each month to ring other Turkcell numbers. I do think they only offer accounts to householders and who they think will be residents here.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
13/05/2009 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

I had show them my passport and rental contract to change over from pay as you go to monthly billing and that was about 16 months ago

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.