North Cyprus Tourist Board - Kyrenia Rotary Club - is it still running?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Kyrenia Rotary Club - is it still running?

Kyrenia Rotary Club - is it still running?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

SunloverK

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Does anyone know if the Kyrenia Rotary Club still meets? and perhaps a contact number for them? My father is a member in the UK and would like to meet some members here when he comes over to visit at the end of May.

Hutch

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Hi

I am a UK Rotarian of 20 years now a member of the newly established Rotary Club of Kyrenia St Hilarion - we meet every Thursday evening at 7pm for 7.30 at Onar Village ( up the main lefkosa road from the large roundabout on the right).

We would be happy to meet your father and introduce him to our members - we are a multi national club speaking English throughout our meeting - Kyrenia Liman ( meet on Wednesday at 1pm in the Dome Hotel but they are a Turkish speaking club).

My telephone number is 0533 8304267 - name is Nicky Montgomery

Hope to meet your father on his visit

Take Care - Rotarian Regards

twoexpats

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Hutch, absolutely no disrespect intended, but I was under the impression that Rotary was pretty much a male preserve. Am I mistaken?

flightholiday

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Hutch - what has happened to the Rotary that was in the Dome?

Hutch

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Hi again

Rotary RIBA ( Rotary Internaitional Britain and Ireland) started taking female members about 10 years ago - as a Past President of Inner Wheel I joined my local "Male" club and went through all the Board appointments to become their President !!!!!

Rotary here, is quite unlike the formality of UK - its quite refreshing and there is so much you can offer with your "UK" experience - my partner has joined and we have helped the local community with so many projects.

You can actually make a difference here - watch out in Cyprus Today and The Observer for our latest project - so far we have pledged 8 defibrillators for the outlying areas of Northern Cyprus - thats just in 3 weeks - we have Chris Gibson and Terry Carter and 2 UK clubs helping us and we are going to change the Heart Attack response time - Could help all of us !!

Give me a ring if you are interested ?

Nicky

Hutch

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

To FlightHoliday

Kyrenia Liman Rotary Club still meet on a Wednesday at 1pm at The Dome - This is a Turkish Speaking Club

We are Rotary Kyrenia St Hilarion and meet at Onar Village on Thursday evenings at 7pm - it is an English speaking club with members from Northern Cyprus, England, Germany, Sweden and Egypt.

We have made many good friends here and helped so many local people - its fun! Its a good evening, with speakers and local and international interest.

Its good being a big fish in a little pond !!

Any information, please do not hesitate to call me 0533 830 4267

Nicky

Johnny99

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I am using my husband's login here.

I am so happy to see this thread. I was in Kyrenia last year and wondered about Rotary. I am a "female" Rotarian from Ireland and was one of the first of two ladies introduced to our Club in 2001 and was President 3 years ago. We are due to be in Kyrenia before the end of the year and look forward to dropping in!

SunloverK

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks Nicky - that's great news, my father will be really pleased.

kind regards

Katie

SunloverK

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Nicky, my dad asked me to forward you his message:

"Many thanks to you for the info on the English speaking Kyrenia club.

I'm flying out next Sunday (24th). The first Thursday is out (my daughter's wedding!) but it would be interesting to visit the club Thursday 4th June.

Do I assume 7 for 7.30 means a sit down dinner? Casual or formal dress?

Many thanks

Lionel"

please could you reply to my email address: [email address deleted as per written request my the email address owner]

Thanks!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.