North Cyprus Tourist Board - Is Apostolides a hypocrite? Re: Orams case
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Is Apostolides a hypocrite? Re: Orams case

Is Apostolides a hypocrite? Re: Orams case

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

Birdsong

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 25 in Discussion

Two Turkish language newspapers (one of them is Yeniduzen) have published the following story:

A Turkish Cypriot woman has come forward to say that Apostolides who is suing the Orams , is "benefitting" from Turkish Cypriot land in the South. She says that the house or land in Polis near Paphos was owned by her family prior to 1974. She said that she was visiting an old friend and saw Apostolides there.

However, it is not illegal for Apostolides to have access/use of this property and the Turkish Cypriot woman cannot sue Apostolides for it's return. However Apostolides can sue the Orams for being on "his" property in the North.

How hypocritical is that???

Apostolides is also saying to everyone that he doesn't mind if Turkish Cypriots are now on "his" land but he won't have Brits on it.

Is this racist or not?

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 25 in Discussion

I don't understand Apostolides & other Greek Cypriot claims that they do not mind Turkish Cypriots using land, but they don't like the British using it.

Obviously, they have to say they don't mind Turkish Cypriots as they are the refugees that they forced from the south. The Greek Cypriots are accountable for the events from 1964->

However, did they expect the Turkish Cypriots to live in the same property for 35 years? Did they expect the Turkish Cypriots not to develop the land, build on it, or develop their economy?

Did they also expect the Turkish Cypriots to be racist like them, and when they were selling the property discriminate against any non Turkish Cypriots, especially the British.

As usually a lot of noise and hot air from Greek Cypriots. When will the world tell them to shut up?

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 25 in Discussion

zcacmxi /Birdsone - I rarely comment on the political situation here, as I do not know enough about it. Unlike some others, I have to say. However, on reading some posts on GC forums, it does seem to me that the posters on said forums, the bias certainly seems to be against the "property robbing Brits" or "The Turks" who are, apparently, taking over the whole of NC.

I confess to know very little of the political situation, but have been visiting TRNC for nearly 20 years.

J

Birdsong

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 25 in Discussion

Forgot to add that "benefitting" means it could be Apostolides' family holiday home, his main luxury house is in Nicosia. Hardly refugee status!

If you would like to see him being interviewed in the dark outside the Orams' house because he was too frightened to do it in daylight, go to

http://www.folders.gr

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 25 in Discussion

The Greek Cypriots seem to believe that it is OK for them to develop property, and to encourage migration to the ROC (Greeks, Russians, etc) and develop their economy.

They also believe that it's OK for them to develop Turkish Cypriot land as they are the internationally recognised government and can "legally" make a compulsory purchase order. (Without giving notice, or asking the original owner, or paying any compensation)

They also believe that it's OK for them to select Turkish Cypriot land where a piece land is required to place an Electricity Pylon or sub-station somewhere. (No discrimination here either)

At the same time, they believe the Turkish Cypriots should have been living undeveloped for the past 35 years on the same land, with no rights to improve the property or develop their economy!

Lilli

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 25 in Discussion

only one word hyopcrite. it beggars belief xxx

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 25 in Discussion

Msg 6: "They expect TC refugees to live in the property as a tempory measure until they can return and visa - versa"

And that is the summary of the current Cyprus Problem! For the majority, the following is true:

* The Greek Cypriots were forced from their land in 1974 and they expected that one day they would return and their government has promised them this. Hence 75% voted No to Annan.

* The Turkish Cypriots were forced from their land between 1963-1974 and settled to the safety of the North hoping never to return to the dangers of the South. And there government has been promising them Bi-Zonal Federation. Hence 65% voted Yes to Annan.

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
14/05/2009 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 25 in Discussion

The other thing that I don't understand is that the ROC does not recognise the TRNC or the title deeds that are issued.

But, the ROC allows TRNC registered vehicles, with TRNC number plates in to the ROC. Surely if they believe the TRNC is illegal, then the cars are illegal, the number plates are illegal, and even the driving licences are illegal.

Yet the ROC permits TRNC registered vehicles to drive SOUTH, without paying ROC road tax or passing ROC Vehicle Roadworthiness Tests. So they must recognise the TRNC Driver & Motor registry and also its Vehicle Roadworthiness Tests.

WAZ-24-7

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 25 in Discussion

Mr Apostolides has clearly become an infamous character. To some a nationalistic hero to others a political vengence seeker. To others an unhappy and greedy individual with little moral.

It is very posible that his fame may lead to his own down fall.. A marked man I fear.

It is most unfortunate that this man became a refugee from his home some 35 years ago.

However has he bettered himself as a result?

Certainly. The british government and people assisted him and his family to suceed in their new lives in the South. Mr Appostolides entered the UK as a student. Was allowed free access to the British education system and social structure. Was granted a British education resulting in a british degree in Architecture.

He then returned to his "home" in the ROC and what does he do.

Takes out a vindictive campaign of destruction on the very people and country that provided him with opportunity. He has sought to destroy his fellow islanders chances to make a sucess of their own lives.

WAZ-24-7

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 25 in Discussion

cont....

This man deserves what?

He will get very little sympathy from many British citizens. The Orams case continues. Mr Apostolides remains a figurehead of the ROC's politically nationalistic campaign. I fear that few people in the UK would offer this man shelter or assistance should he fall on bad times again.

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 07:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 25 in Discussion

arbee, or whoever you are this time. I feel very humble that the ROC permits vehicles from the TRNC to enter their country through the BORDER. This is indeed a gesture of goodwill. I suppose we should all feel grateful for this act of kindness.

I for one will not be availing myself of this opportunity as i feel safer in my adopted country the TRNC, so thanks, but no thanks.

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 25 in Discussion

The ROC recognising TRNC Vehicles, Driving Licenses, Vehicle Road worthiness Tests to me shows that the TRNC is not as illegal as the ROC likes to make out.

When it suits them it's a "gesture of goodwill". To me it is just another example of Greek Cypriot hypocrisy, double standards, inconsistency, etc.

Republic of Turkey recognises the TRNC.

The world recognises TRNC passports and issues visas.

ROC recognises TRNC Vehicle registry, driver registry and road worthiness tests.

Despite all the GC propaganda, the TRNC does not sound or look so "illegal" or "illegitimate" anymore. To me it seems like a young republic that is slowly buy surely developing and taking its place in the world.

Cyprusraider

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 25 in Discussion

Since when does the world recognise a TRNC passport?

This I would REALLY like to know

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 25 in Discussion

Arbee msg 18: What has the UN or being a legal expert to do with ROC/GC being hypocrites? Do they, or do they not allow TRNC registered cars and drivers in to ROC? Hence they recognise the validity of these licences and roadworthiness of these vehicles.

Cyprusraider: TRNC passports holders regularly use it to travel to Europe, USA and beyond. Most countries require a visa, but in these cases still a TRNC passport with a valid visa is used for entry and exit to these countries! These countries do not say "TRNC passport not recognised, go and get a ROC one!"

Ofcourse for European travel people have obtained a ROC passport which requires no visa, but still this does not make the TRNC passport any less valid!

watty

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 25 in Discussion

Message 7

HYPOCRITE

A person who has virtues, moral or religious beliefs or principles.

Quiz for the day name one GC who this would refer to.

They were happy to make multi millions from Brits when selling the new villas and houses in the south, happy to take the cash from tourists for the last 30 years, now it's welcome the Rushkies to take them for their rubles.

There is a better word than hypocrite but i would not like to offend our lady members.

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 25 in Discussion

Arbee,

I'm not debating what is written down at UN or anywhere else. I'm willing to take your word for it as I've no access to these agreements.

What I am stating are the facts that cars which are ONLY registered in the TRNC Vehicle Registry and not in the ROC registry are permitted to drive on ROC roads. At the same time, these cars have only been certified as road worthy by the TRNC!

Similary, drivers that have never sat a ROC driving test and or not registered in ROC are permitted to drive on ROC roads without a ROC licence.

I'm stating that this seems rather odd to me, as on the one hand the ROC argues that theTRNC is illegal and its departments are not to be trusted, but on the other hand the TRNC tested and authorised cars are accepted for use on ROC roads!

Stubs

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 25 in Discussion

Lets get this right so Mr Apostolides is a hypocrite because someone has bought what is his land, as proved in a court of law, and built a house on it.

The rules as they stand in the south is that TC owned land can not be sold and title deeds are not issued.

Why is he a hypocrite?

Lets look at the facts it has already been proven that the "legal" owner of GC owned land is still the GC. If people have bought it they have no reason to complain as there have been plenty of warnings about buying on this title. It is less expensive than pre-74 Turkish or foreign title for a reason.

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 25 in Discussion

Arbee,

In addition, I believe that the ROC "goodwill" that you previously mentioned did not stretch to recognising the insurance policies issued by insurance companies in TRNC.

These vehicles/drivers who are not tested/registered in ROC have to purchase new insurance to cover them while in ROC. But then the Insurance companies registered in ROC are insuring these cars, that for all the ROC knows are stolen/unroadworthy and the drivers in addition have no licence.... Or do they "recognise" the validity of these driving licences?

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 25 in Discussion

Stubs,

I think the Original Post called him a hypocrite as he himself is using or benefits from Turkish Cypriot property in the South, but when it comes to Turkish Cypriots using/selling his property in the North he squeals.

watty

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 25 in Discussion

zcamxi

Spot on,

clarets

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 25 in Discussion

Arbee....if you live in a place for 35 years....it aint temporary,by any ones imagination!

Msg 17....spot on ! That is axactly what is happening and has happened...same as in Israel,Bosnia,Slovakia etc,etc....and the list goes on

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 25 in Discussion

Look at history.. Most countries/democracies come "violently" in to existence.

Then over a period of MANY MANY years, the situation is slowly normalised.

Remember, a Turkish Cypriot state has only been around since 1974. Before that, Turkish Cypriots were partners in ROC.

Isreal, Taiwan, Bosnia, North Cyprus will make there way. Slowly but surely!

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 25 in Discussion

arbee, msg 35: You are right. The events between 63 and 74 were the GC struggling to gain control of ROC and unite with Greece

The events of July 74 superseded that and were the start of the Turkish Cypriots founding there own state!

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 25 in Discussion

arbee, in addition I believe that it's the Greek Cypriots that shot themselves in the foot many times since 1963.

Their goals were total control of entire Cyprus and Enosis with Greece.

They managed to achieve a total loss of control of North Cyprus, many refugees on both sides, and the landing on Turkish Troops on the Island!

More like back fired on them than shooting in foot!

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 25 in Discussion

arbee,

In the 50s/60s/70s the TCs resisted the Greek Cypriots. In 1974 the GCs/ROC could not defend it's land or people from Turkish forces. Every policy that the ROC has following since 1974 has lead the North of Cyprus to become more tied to Turkey, and resembling Turkey more and more each day. This, you must agree is the biggest "foot shooting" or back firing of our time!

These shores are just 40 miles from the South Coast of Turkey, and the GC behaviour has given Turkey the opportunity to land and station here.

You and the GCs can continue to make as much noise as they like, and try and win as many arguments on as many forums as they like. It will not change the fact that the Republic of Turkey has landed in North Cyprus, and will never leave!

Have a nice day.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.