North Cyprus Tourist Board - does anyone living in trnc like the gc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > does anyone living in trnc like the gc

does anyone living in trnc like the gc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

thetruth

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 38 in Discussion

if so what do you like about them?

fire starter

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 38 in Discussion

i have gc friends, i don't look at people in respect of their nationality, but as people.

there are good and bad in all nationalities.

my main thing i like to see in a friend of any nationality would be trust.

without trust there is no freindship.

millzer

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 38 in Discussion

I wouldn't have trusted Makarios, Grivas, or Sampson that for sure.

scruffdog

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 38 in Discussion

Well said Fire starter, most of the hatred is fuelled by the governments and schools.

tommy13

Message Posted:
15/05/2009 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 38 in Discussion

im with firestarter on this one , i grew up in london where there is a strange situation . The tc's and gc's live in the same suburbs , strange or naturally so ,, i dont know which one , but it just so happens this is the case , anyways , there we grew up together , went same schools , have best friends among them , even had a gc gf for 2 yrs ... but like firestarter rightfull said you cannot paint people with the same brush , good and bad among all , jesus (PBUH) said ' by their fruits ye shall know them ' and thats for humankind in general , regardles of race , creed , colour etc ....and at the same time offcourse i cant stand certain gc's for various reasons , just as i cant stand some tc's for various other reasons , i think the post should be more specific and not so general ..

littlejohn

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 01:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 38 in Discussion

Lived in Limassol 69/72. Had friends from both sides ( which was frowned upon by some of my English colleagues).

TCs were generally more straight forward and honest than GCs.

And there is no doubt the TCs were regarded as second class citizens and treated as such.

Of course that did not apply to the more enlightened Greeks.

On balance the TCs are much nicer people!!

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 06:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 38 in Discussion

There are good and bad in all races, religions etc...but some of the gc have proven themselves to be untrustworthy, greedy, manipulative and downright devious esp where the trnc is concerned...I think if they were to admit their historical treatment of the tc's it would go along way to sorting out the problem here!

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 08:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 38 in Discussion

What I don't like about some GC's is their bigoted attitude and bitter hatred. They have a huge chip on their shoulders. The TC's, in comparison, have moved on and seem to have let bygones be bygones. They don't trust the GC's, but they don't generally seem to hate them...

tommy13

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 38 in Discussion

yes dee , your right , i often jostle with greek friends over the cyprus issue , and theres one thing i noticed with them all . While we go back and forth with but this and but thats , they never want to talk about the start of this all ,the cause , the source of the problems , the reasons why we are here today why some are in their properties , they never want to admit yes , we have a large part to blame for the mess we are in today , we treated you guys badly , we were wrong , we are sorry for what we did , etc ,, perhaps because they veiw themselves as not at fault , when they 'rightfully' attempted to ' cleanse the ottoman stain' from cyprus , and restore it to the pure ' hellenic' Cyprus it should be !!!

jock1

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 08:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 38 in Discussion

What kind of question is that !!!!

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 38 in Discussion

I have a very good GC friend who was born in Kyrenia, went to school in UK and now lives in Limassol. He freely admits that his lot f*cked-up badly and that they only have themselves to blame for the shitty mess they now have. He tells it like it is to his GC aquaintances and they don't like it one bit.

tommy13

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 38 in Discussion

yes trnc , they have a chip on there shoulder, they have more animosity than the TC's have , even my gc friends , end up saying to me after long debates , ' u know why we are more bitter ? why ? because we LOST ' !!! , anyways some experiences i had , in uk , iall my gc friends could come to my parents home , have dinner , chill , i rarely would be invited to theirs ! , my gc ex girlfeind , was loved by my family , but we had to keep it secret with hers , when they found out , they said to here , its better you have a black boyfriend , anything , but not a TURK , lol ,,, and my gc friends come north alot , we go out alot , and i introduce them to all my tc and mainlander friends as , hey , theis is Mavros , my GC friend from the south , without feeling any need to hide who he is , and all treat him as any freind of mine is a freimd of theirs , then i went ot ayianapa with him , and he bumped into some gc friends of his , he said , ah this is 'Tommy' my friend from england !

tommy13

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 09:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 38 in Discussion

then after i said , why did u not introduce as your turkish friend from the north , he apologised saying , ' bro . sorry , its not me its them , if i tell them that they will treat me different and begrudge me that i have and mix with turks ,, i have had many experiences which testify for me that it is they that carry more hatred , even my GC friend said , in the army over there , they have special anti Turk songs they chant whil marching etc , and before they joined EU , they had 'we will not forget' posters all over the place , with images of the map of cyprus leaking with blood, they removed them when they joined EU , in north cyprus there has been nothing like that , even at school they are taught about the ' SHILO (dog) Turk " , anyways u get my point ,

cypwine

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 38 in Discussion

What a pathetic thread!!!!! how can anyone ask if they like the gcs, we all live in a muticultural society these days. how racist is the question, there are good & bad in all races all over the world.

cypwine

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 38 in Discussion

tommy13

Are there 2 people using your membership on this bb? as your posts can be sometimes quite confusing!!

as for your last 2 posts!!!!

cypwine

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 38 in Discussion

the truth

maybe your question should have been "does anyone still like the turks after they have conned us with the sale of land that isnt ours" bet no one replies to this

fire starter

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 38 in Discussion

in our tc village gc's (and any other nationality) are always made welcome.

we have a tc friend who comes from paphos his grandmother only spoke greek even though she was a tc.

a lot of the older folk in the village also speak some greek.

i don't think its an issue of tc and gc as they are all cypriots.

Geoff

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 38 in Discussion

It is not the GCs I don't trust, it is their Government!

tommy13

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 38 in Discussion

what do u mean cypwine ? whats confusing ,

tommy13

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 38 in Discussion

ye bottom line , cypwine , is there is good and bad in all races , and like previous thread one must be careful to paint everyone with same brush

simbas

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 38 in Discussion

Not a very nice one Jock ! good morning

Pat x

tommy13

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 38 in Discussion

yes this post question is not conducive to putting differences behind us and moving forward towards reconciliation

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 38 in Discussion

This is like asking to put an axe down through the middle of a tree. Why not just let it grow healthy and flourish, in time it may well produce fruits.

ataturk

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 38 in Discussion

Tommy13 in reply to your first post yes we did live side by side with the greeks in London but there was a big difference we were governed by the british government. There is a big difference as they will not allow us to govern ourselves.

Cypruschill I dont know what nationality you are but we have lived with the greeks for well over 50 years and the fruits it produced were not edible. Hence it wont grow anymore.

Geoff your point of trusting the greeks but not their government makes no sense as the government is run by people, greek people who do not want to recognise the existence of the turkish cypriots.

Deecyprus your post sounded like the persecution of the turkish cypriots does not exist anymore. Next time you cross the border you will see that the turkish cypriots are still being treated like second class citizens. Border checks and searches was a thing of the past which my parents told me about, where they were taken off buses and out of their cars to be ......

ataturk

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 38 in Discussion

searched. Notice how this still goes on. Have you tried to bring turkish goods over and had them confiscated by the police whilst crossing the border. Recently when I crossed over the border there was a articulated lorry crossing to the south loaded with marble flooring which surprise surprise was from TURKEY and the greeks knew it. Its only because this suits them.

I am sorry but if I am going to trust the greeks then they should allow us to form our own government and look after ourselves, that is if they have no ulterior motive but realistically this is not going to happen.

girne 29

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 38 in Discussion

Firestarter

message 2

I agree with your sentiments ,but whats with the Cyprus Forum then.

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 38 in Discussion

ataturk fair enough then chop it down, i understand that this was was common practice for the cypriot greeks and if the cypriot turks join in a level playing field can be produced. Similar tree felling was and occasionaly still is common practice in some parts of ireland. Nature will prevail though and young seedlings will develop untill maybe in the future a forest will be allowed to develop, without hindrance of the feller or fire.

ataturk

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 38 in Discussion

Unforutunately you are out of touch with the young seedlings across the border. The ones that are being brainwashed from a young age with their history and religion which is directed against the turks. I have had first hand experience with this. Its really nice to paint a lovely picture and say lets get on with each other but unfortunately its not working out that way. The persecution of the turks is still being carried if that is not evidence enough for you to say it will never work then I dont know what to say.

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 38 in Discussion

What a crying shame when youngsters are brainwashed to such a degree and on that point ask what is the purpose of bringing a child into this world we live in. If we have had eperience and learning from our own pasts, then direction support and protection should aid them also. I chose for my children to have options and a free spirit. Not making them a catholic or protestant was an easy choice for me, let them choose on that one themselves, should they need to.

ataturk

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 38 in Discussion

We dont teach our children to hate the greek cypriots but to know there history and to be aware fo them. They know there was a war they know there is a north and south side and they know the reason why. There is nothing wrong with teaching them history even recent history that affects them. British schools teach their version of the first and second world wars.

Our children know they are turkish cypriot and they are proud of their country and culture. I believe there is nothing wrong with this. We are who we are.

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 38 in Discussion

That is good to hear, a good education will never harm you.

History has progressed and some of the experiences of the past have improved at this time.

The need for stead fast border and safe haven was a necessesity to protect the innocents. Who would ever at that time thought that authorised safe passage between both sides of the community would ever occur.

For all the right reasons i hope time allows for progress, equal rights and justice to survive in the common world society.

' Dont look back in anger, or forward in fear but about you in awareness'.

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 38 in Discussion

Lived in Germany for three years and have also visited on many occasions, great place, people, food & drink etc. Just glad i didnt have to face the war years, like some of my past family did.

ataturk

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 38 in Discussion

My son just asked me why his turkish mainland friends are not able to go over to the south. He said to me is it because of the war. My son is nine years old. For those of you who think that we should just forgive and forget and that we can live in peace with our greek cypriot brothers what should be my answer to him.

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
16/05/2009 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 38 in Discussion

Its good that a child has the ability to ask a question and a curious one at that. The answer we give them as a parent can determine there own train of thought for a long time to come. Quite a responsibility and often we have to soften the blow so as not to disturb or detract them. My lad is 14 next week and embroiled in football and fishing and skateboards and exams and the like, im sure he would also ask such a question if he had been exposed to such a predicament. Certainly myself and my father used to discuss such matters about our roots and heritage and in recent years the things he experienced during his time of 50/60s and 70s. Thats why i decided on the area i chose. He was correct when he talked about the mountains, the shear tranquility and most importantly the peolpe. I am still learning and i love to study the books that have been written, all of which sit on the shelf, on the bedside or on loan. My lad has not had a perusal yet, just not cool or interesting, give him time.

ataturk

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 38 in Discussion

Thank you for not answering the question. By the way he asked the question because he had spent the day with his friends who are english turkish cypriot turkish and iranian and they were discussing that the turkish kid could not cross over to the south, then he came home and asked me the question. he has not been exposed to any predicament sometimes he is in the car when it is being searched by the racist greek police and as any curious nine year old would asks the question why are being searched. I am sorry but we do not cover up what goes on around us and make pretend things are ok because later on in life our children will get a big shock.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 38 in Discussion

Ataturk,

Deecyprus your post sounded like the persecution of the turkish cypriots does not exist anymore.

Believe me I am only too aware of the way the tc's are still treated and it sickens me...this is why I for one do not want reunification...when I say sorting out the problem I mean for the trnc to be fully recognised and the embargoes to be lifted with full human rights restored to the tc's..two states is the only answer.

fire starter

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 38 in Discussion

girne,

sorry for the late answer i was out last night.

the cyprus forum is a mixed nationality forum.

i have no problem with those who are refugee's either from the north or south, those who purchased exchange land and are prepared for compensation , the ones i have issues with are those who think its funny and take that sort of attitude.

i don't know if you recently saw the story about a beetroot faced man in karmi?

that sort of attitude makes me sick.

girne 29

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 38 in Discussion

Firestarter

Re Cyprus Forum

Thats fine , but I can assume then that the views held, and the language used, is indicitive of what GC's and their supporters think,and from that, gauge the chances of an equitable solution to the Cyprus problem.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.