North Cyprus Tourist Board - Swimming Pool sand problem
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Swimming Pool sand problem

Swimming Pool sand problem

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

Tatty

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Vaughan,

I am still having problems with the pool i have changed the sand in the filter as instructed by yourself, i have done three Hoovers to waste,but the problem of sand coming up through the filters every time the pool switches on is still there it lasts a few seconds and then clears its self any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tatty

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Tatty,

I think that you used Zeolite, which we recommend, but it does require an awful lot of backwashing to get the dust out of it. Try a few more backwashes and it should settle down in a few days or so. Did you put a layer of sand on top of the Zeolite?

Tatty

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Vaughan

If you remember i put zeolite in but it didn't reach the top pipe i had already put the sand on top and had to try and take as much of the sand out as possible and put in more zeolite until it covered the top pipe and then put the sand back in.

Quarmby

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Just a small point. Did you check the plastic filters at the bottom of the tank? they can sometimes split and subsequently sand will find its way back into the pool.

Tatty

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Quarmby,

I checked the plastic spindel at the bottom of the tank and it seemed to be intact.

Thanks.

laptapines

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

dear Tatty the zeolite sand its not the right tipe off sand you cane use in filters in north off cyprus standars its to light sand ,,,after ewery back wash you gona louse sand ewery time becouse its to light so ,,,,Atencion zeolite sand its not the sand for your pools sand filters,,,, the proper sand you cane find in siba our nother simillar shops around GIRNE our try noyan in catalkoy next to fish and chips shop our cypros pools.... any whay ask the vaughan what he thinks in the zeolite sand cane you top upp the filter with zeolite ass well.....

our cane you realy use the zeolite sand in the sand filters....

All Best

Lapta pines....

himen

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

yepp its tru you cant use the ziolite sand ... 2 years ago my frend change the sand and use zeolite ,,after 4 month wen open filter half gone so put in normall sand now its gorgeous look in the pool and filter full off sand..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.