North Cyprus Tourist Board - why are some people so negative about living in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > why are some people so negative about living in north cyprus

why are some people so negative about living in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 81 in Discussion

hi after reading a lot of topics on the forum.

I dont understand why some people have not a lot of good things to say bout liveing there. surely if it was that bad you wouldnt live there . i know every place you live have good points and bad but its how you make the most of where you live . also noticed not every one is very welcomeing on here

kim

cronos

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 81 in Discussion

Kim.....I would argue that the negativitity is not so much about living in NC , but more to do with the property issues and the thorny problems regarding exchange land,title deeds,PTP etc.

Actually "living" in the TRNC is the easy bit , and certainly enjoyable for most.

Keep an open mind ,don't put your head in the sand ,and don't believe that anyone who has anything negative (but also constructive) to say is necessarily a "doom and gloom merchant ".

tommy13

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 81 in Discussion

that puzzles me too sometimes , i guess perhaps some due to bad experiences , and dont forget theres perhaps some GC's here posting negative things etc but i would imagine most live here because they have chosen to and like to .. i dont like to see some people putting others off , its sad to see and hurts me .. yes there are drawbacks just like any place on earth , but i guess everyone has dfferent expectations , i mean why is it that britain ranks no.1 in the world for its own citizens immigrating and also no.1 owners of second homes abroad, i guess uk's drawbacks are far greater than most other places hence why people move out etc , u always have to compromise some things that you may find back home and are perhaps use to and miss but you gain things that simply you can never find back home ,, Im relatively new in trnc and have no regrets and i love it ..and the things i dont like about it seem to be improving as we progress as a country ..

come see for yourself , make your own up

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 81 in Discussion

hi i understand that but there have been some that have been more negative bout area. i think at the end of the day you dont know untill you try it. and also at the moment england really is not the place to live bad weather so much crime . must admit not a place i want to bring kids up in

kim

Moover321

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 81 in Discussion

Think with your head and feel with your heart! TRNC has it's problems but that could be said of many other places too! Just do your homework, listen to everyone but make your own mind up! We are going to TRNC in July to have a look and get a feel for the place! I know the legalities are a bit of a nightmare when it comes to buying and getting the requisite permission in place etc,. but you need to first see if it is the right place for you!

If it is the right place for you - does it really matter what others think?

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 81 in Discussion

hi thank you for that i am due to come over . but i can see how it would put some people of reading some of the things people say on here. but i agree with you you can only decide for youselfs

kim

fire starter

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 81 in Discussion

kim

on here you get a good cross section of views from a wide range of people.

it wouldn't do for us all to be the same or think the same.

you just have to make up your own mind about whats fact and whats fiction.

cyprus44 is a forum renound for needing a hard hat to be a member of.

just don't take any of it to heart or to personally!

the butler

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Kim,

I suspect a lot of people bought properties in the TRNC without doing their homework properly. It is alright coming on holidays but living full time here is very different. It is full of red tape and frustrations which you have not as yet experienced. It seems to me that the government offices seem to go out of their way to make things complicated for you. On top of this, prices have risen a lot in the last three years and I think some people would like to sell up and leave. Unfortunately the property market is flat and nothing is selling, so these people will feel trapped and dissalusioned. On top of this many owners have been refused their ptp or are worried because their properties are on exchange land. Add all this together and you will get a picture of why so many people are negative about the TRNC. This is why you must research as much as you can before buying and moving here.

The butlers wife

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 81 in Discussion

i can understand all that and we have took a good year to think bout it and look into everything. as i said it is not everyone just a small few that can be of putting

kim

Quarmby

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 81 in Discussion

Kimandneil1

Msg 4 you think there is much crime in the UK with its 60 million plus population and naturally you think there is not much crime here in the TRNC. An analysis of of ratio of people in the TRNC and UK is about

1:200.

Last week here in the TRNC a murder was committed, so 200 murders were committed in the UK? Road traffic deaths here in the TRNC are horrendous considering the small population. So please keep it all in perspective.

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 81 in Discussion

i have lived overseas all my adult life in every culture you could think of, when it comes to schools it was only a question of opinion not asking for a school, the education of my children is the most impotant issue for us as a family, my children will be going to the best privait school on the island weather that is north or south we are waiting for replys on quite a few to see which has the best to offer. Ans i would never take my wife and family any were i didnt think they would like, as i have lived there in the middle of the troubles since 1993, sorting out problems on both sides of the island. as people say there is alot of cultral differences, but just walk down any high street in the UK you will bump into at least 10 diff cultures. i dont have to work again and that is not that i dont want to but after being severly injured i cant work so for me we are lucky in that respect that we can go any were in the world to live and relax. And we chose Cyprus from my experiances. Neil

halffull

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 81 in Discussion

Nice reply Tommy13,

Like Kimandneil I was very depressed by all the negativity, but as cronos told me on another post most of the time although it may sound negative quite often it is someone trying to point out a pitfall to be avoided, and not negativity. Living in the UK is pretty negative these days!

nurseawful

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Kim and Neil

I love it here and so does the other half. But it did take me a good 6 months to settle as I couldn't cope with not getting things done when I snapped my fingers. But soon learned to live at the easy pace of life.

Just go with the flow and you will love it as well.

Chris

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 81 in Discussion

hi chris i am sure it will take a time to settle for me and kids and leaveing family behind. but i am a beliver in you only live once and you must try things and go with what your heart tells you

kim

cronos

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 81 in Discussion

Halfful...msg 13......thankyou for acknowledging that my intentions are honourable !

Cheers....and good luck.

tommy13

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 81 in Discussion

the trnc should set up an Orientation bureau for foreigners, like there exists in many other countries.

In dubai for instance they have this and its a one stop shop to simply help you get your bearings, to do's what not to do's , how's , where's , why's etc etc ................seems like it would go down well here and a much needed service .... now thats annoying isnt it , how simple things like that would make so much difference and offer so much asistance to new residents from abroad , do they not value the foreigners who come buy / invest here or are they just plain stupid ! aaggghhhrrr

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 81 in Discussion

true totally agree with that

neil

cronos

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 81 in Discussion

Tommy...msg 17

"do they not value the foreigners who come buy / invest here or are they just plain stupid ! "

A bit of both I would say.

sienna

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 81 in Discussion

Good morning Tommy13 or should I call you 'pantsman' ))) good post message 3

I also agree with cronos unforunately the truth and best intentions to inform does seem likes 'moans and groans' the truth hurts sometimes - I dont agree with agreeing for agreeing sake

halffull

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 81 in Discussion

Theres a thought tommy, but unfortunately no matter how many times you tell people how slowly things can take to get done here there is still the flustration when it comes to experiencing it.

In spain the well known phraise "manyana" springs to mind.

As has been said you just have to go with the flow and take a good book!!

My experience in greece is that the officials don't even try to talk to you if you don't speek greek (greece not GC)

tommy13

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 81 in Discussion

sure seems that way cronos , i being a turk just cant get my head around it ! mind you they have set up YAGA , that just come to my mind , which is a start , but its for investors only http://www.investinnorthcyprus.org/en/contact.html

sienna

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 81 in Discussion

Oh 'pants man' I have caught you up I have 3 stars !! hallfull 'yavis yavis' is your glass now half empty LOL

halffull

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 81 in Discussion

sienna, no chance never have an empty glass!! I love TRNC the variences and having to go with the flow is great and so much fun!! Spice of life.

tommy13

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 81 in Discussion

well done wonderwomen...... was wondering where my tail had got to

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 81 in Discussion

kimandneil1,

My husband and I love it here, we are so pleased that we made the move and have not looked back once and thought 'did we do the right thing moving here?' on the contrary we know we have done the right thing. Our life would not have the quality it has here had we stayed in UK.

Yes we have had a few problems but we have also been fortunate not to suffer as some expats have done with property issues but whether the posts seem negative or not you must take them on board and not dismiss them just because you think they are negative , at least you are well armed and prepared to prevent yourself having the same problems some expats have had with builders, property, land, lawyers etc etc.

It is fantastic that there is an outlet such as this forum for both good and bad issues to be aired, at least you or any other newcomer thinking of coming to the TRNC will be better prepared than we were. Use our experiences wisely.

Good luck!

cronos

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 81 in Discussion

Scoobydoo.....a great summary of what most of us are trying to do on here !

Lilli

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Tommy why dont you set an ageny up within your many talents I would say. Kimneil are you british. you say your husband/partner can speak some of the language. Can he also speak greek. Where was he posted to here as Im uncertain where middle cyprus is. You seem to have done your homework re schools etc the reason Im asking will the children go to british schools or amercian on south side or educated in turkish schools. I wish you and your family the best of luck. Take the positive and negative for what they are worth and the best from them. xxx

tommy13

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 81 in Discussion

hi lilli , thnx for thinking of me . but ive far too much on my plate as you know , but anyways although a good idea im only interested in profitibile businesses, however i dont think such an agency should be a profit making business , but a free service funded by the goverment .

Lilli

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 81 in Discussion

Hiya tommy yes on reflection it should be a government scheme. Its a brill idea though. Have you ever tried the TIC centre here. Joke or what. Is that government run. Can you use any influence. Enjoyed all our posts I must say xxx

NatAless

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 81 in Discussion

Hi,

I found this site: http://www.firstconsultcyprus.co.uk I agree that it all can all seem a bit daunting & negative reading the posts here especially when it comes to property etc by reading some posts, a lot of people seem a bit fed up with new people asking questions etc & you get the feeling they are thinking 'been there done that, already helped & emailed that info before' it is true that the same questions do come up again often regarding residency, property etc but it is also true that the laws and procedures are always changing & it's thanks to new members that have recently gone through them that have helped the even newer ones with the correct, up to date info...Also, any question or opinion should be seen as valid, asking about good schools etc sounds more than reasonable to me, especially as some people are asking about the best curry houses! But I think all questions are fine & we should all help if we can, also agree that it can be a useful tool but lets

just be nice!

tommy13

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 81 in Discussion

aww thnx lils , no cant say im aware of any TIC , what is it , tourist information centre ? i kind of recall seeing a sign to that affect somewhere , its not opposite the main lemar is it ? no its a good idea i agree , i did consider this venture once but came to the conclusion it wasnt fair to charge for such services , however i am feeling rather philanthropic as of late , who knows what may become of it

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 81 in Discussion

Nat, message 31. I do take your point about this, but what I think always amazes people is the fact that new members come along (and all welcome, of course) and ask questions about very basic things, which others feel they should have researched before deciding to move to TRNC with all its 'problems'. I don't honestly think people are reluctant to help, just gobsmacked, in some cases, that people have made life-changing decisions without doing their 'homework'. I appreciate your point that the goalposts keep moving and this in itself is frustrating, since half the time you never know whether you're coming or going!

J

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 81 in Discussion

hi the wicks there is a difference between questions and opions we have researched every thing we need to know but of course we still like to know what people already out there think. and as for makeing life changing decisions if you dont try you will never know .

kim

NatAless

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 81 in Discussion

Hi!

I do see what you mean & agree but maybe they (not Kim & Neil, people that you say ask basic questions) are just trying the place out, I think a lot of people come on holiday or their grandparents live here and they think it looks nice & sunny & would like to try it out, they may be just renting & thinking about moving here permanently, or messaging from the UK...I came by chance myself from Turkey & at first we weren't sure how long we would stay, I have found the forum to be very, very useful on many occasions and try to ignore the negatives but some members can be a bit carcastic or rude & may forget that they too were once new...also a lot of people are buying here in TRNC as they wouldn't be able to afford to anywhere else and they want to get on the property ladder, unaware of the 'problems' they buy to rent & don't even live here as property is so cheap, our landlord lives in the UK & I have seen many places for rent or sale that didn't even have the property deeds yet!

NatAless

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 81 in Discussion

Anyway, back to helping copied the below from a msg of a forum admin:

OK. This looks just like what I am looking for. I have a website and its intention has been to give an honest guide to living in the TRNC and I want to cover everything. Unfortunately, I am just not getting the time to write all the content and do the research. So if you would to contribute with any info it would be great. Items to cover would be all those listed in MSG1 plus things to do before you get here and anything else you can think of.

Please email all contributions to moreinfo@systemlogix.co.uk

The website that is under construction is http://www.northerncypruslife.com

This site will not have a forum but a link to this one will be put on there.

So come on give me all your thoughts and info.

rowlo

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 81 in Discussion

hi kimandneil1 enjoy , the negative posts are from southern sympathisers , such as fire starter , who said we were all scum , on the souths forum , relax , enjoy , be happy

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 81 in Discussion

hi thank you we will we are just going to get there and enjoy it .

ustwo

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 81 in Discussion

I really think you should be very careful about your childrens education and there really isn't a lot for children to do here either.

rowlo

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 81 in Discussion

theres an american uni , great beaches , fab mountains , little crime , laid back lifestyle , what more could you want , luv it

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 81 in Discussion

inwhat way becareful the schools have gone down hill in england and isnt safe any more for children to go out here . we do things as a family anyway

kim

NatAless

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 81 in Discussion

lol Rowlo! exactly! & they might be into all those things! There are English schools so there must be English children so they can make friends! Am sure they will find things to do!

rowlo

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 81 in Discussion

spot on nat , kimandneil1 if you dont try , youll never know , hope you enjoy xxx

ustwo

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 81 in Discussion

Will you be giving them a rounded education,like athletics football,ballet ,going to shows going to the movies.Just food for thought really,I shouldn't think it can be easy with children.

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 81 in Discussion

hi they dont get a rounded education in england i will mix the children into what ever they would like to do .of course more to think about moveing kids aswell but there dad has been in army for years so they are use to moveing around. any way gives the children good experinces in life

kim

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 81 in Discussion

Hello everyone. This is Busy Bees Estate Agents from Bogaz. I have followed all of your messages, and I have to make a comment. Kim and Neil are genuine buyers, of a nice finished villa in Ikelle. They are buying Turkish Title Deeds. Our agency can prove to them if they wish that other English on this developement have received their permission to purchase on Turkish Title Deed. I am very sorry for others that have had problems here in North Cyprus, but plese, accept these new English as your neighbours, as we all will on our side of the Island. They are more than welcome to join our small community on the East Coast, and I am now confirming that 1% of their sale through commsions will go to a charity of their choice here in North Cyprus. Please everyone, welcome your new neigbours and friends. Thank you.x

cronos

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 81 in Discussion

Hello Busy Bees.....it's good to hear that you have some English clients who have received PTP on Pre-74 Turkish Title Deeds properties.

Could you confirm

a)If any of these have been granted within the past 6 months?

b)If any of these English buyers have dual TC nationality or are related to TC's by marriage etc?

Many thanks.

negativenick

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 81 in Discussion

there are two types of Brits over here....

1) Brits who have bought and do not know what the heck is going on, they burry their heads in the sand and witter on about how wonderful life is....

2) then there are the realists......

freekyd

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 81 in Discussion

and what option are you then 1 or 2

freekyd

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 81 in Discussion

and what type of brit are you !!!! 1 or 2

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
17/05/2009 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 81 in Discussion

fire starter

Ref message 7:

The first bit of sense you have posted in a long time.

Lilli

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 81 in Discussion

Kim are you british or Irish as you have an Irish surname. Not that it matters its just to give you the choice of schools etc and the right advice. I somehow do not think you are from the UK

spider

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Fire Starter msg 7.i so must agree with what you said,as remember how i happend to start posting on here..But things have turned around and i must say,lots of people seem to like me know as Spider,x

Spider,x

Lilli

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 81 in Discussion

spider we love you xxxxx

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 06:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 81 in Discussion

Hello Cronos

Yes, I can confirm that both our vendors are English. One couple that have bought at New Villas in Iskele near Bogaz received their permissions last summer, and more recently another couple who are selling a bungalow on which they had built on Turkish Title Deed land in the village of Mehmetcik near Bafra have received theirs apprx 3 months ago. I have a copy of their kocan to hand at the office.

Many thanks and have a pleasant week.

Maria

NatAless

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 08:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 81 in Discussion

Questions -1-Is it perhaps easier for 'tourists' (on a tourist visa) who are not planning to live here but just buy a holiday home or do not yet live her to get their ptp rather than people who already do & have residency etc? I know it may sound ridiculous but am just speculating...

2-If you're ptp is denied and you have bought & are living in the house can they actually take it away from you?

If you stay are you doing so ilegally? Obviously it would be harder to sell but through an estate agent that probably wouldn't mention you're ptp was denied would it still be eventually possible to sell the property?

3-Does anyone know what the ptp 'checklist' is? Apart from police checks, what else do they need to check on you that takes so long? If you have the money why can't you just buy?!!!

Re mainland Turkey, we saw a villa there for the same price as an apartment here! My partner (admittedly Turkish) bought and got the deeds of his place there in one day!!!

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 08:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 81 in Discussion

hi no i am not irish i am from the uk

kim

7wonder

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 81 in Discussion

Hi kimandneil, we moved to Iskele from London a year ago and do not regret it for one second!!!! We have two children 7 and 2 year old. My 7 year old goes to the local, turkish school and she is very, very happy there. There are a few English families around and their children go to the same school. There is also a wonderful nursery for the little ones in Iskele and my son can't wait to go there in September. How old are your children? Also, with this beautiful weather, my kids just started swimming at the pool, playing with other children there, and the enjoyment and happiness on their faces says it all!!!!!!!!!!!

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 81 in Discussion

hi zwonder

alex is 15 charlotte 8 and little jessy is 5 months old we can not wait but i am the nervous one makeing friends and leave family behind but it is something we want to do . is there a lot for children to do there

kim

7wonder

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 81 in Discussion

now when the weather is nice and hot my kids tend to spend most of the time at the pool. We have a communal pool and most of times there are other children to play with. You shouldn't hope to find similar activities like in UK, baby groups, sports activities, etc. But on the other hand my daughter freely rides her byke, which she enjoys very much and couldn't do it in UK, runs around for hours and plays with other children unsupervised, which of course impossible in London, you can spend whole day on the beach, which all children enjoy. It would be lovely to have more organised, group activities for the children, but if not, we always find some fun things to do. Bring a big trampoline over from UK like we did and you will see, my kids don't get off it for hours!

If you would like to chat off forum, email me at: 7wonder@fsmail.net

Natalie.

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 10:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 81 in Discussion

hi thanks for that will email you later when done school runs and things

kim

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Kim and Neil

If you need any help,more information etc please email us chinaeyes58@gmail.com.Having been here now for nearly two years,still learning the ropes but have some great friends who can help if needed.

All is not doom and gloom.Everything is much easier once you have learned the lingo.Look forward to hearing from you both.

LoopyLoo

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 81 in Discussion

We live in Lebanon and were thinking of moving to North Cyprus a few years ago because of the uncertain conditions here. We researched first then came to check on jobs and simply couldn't find work to sustain our family. The wages were too low compared with the cost of living and school fees. It didn't stop us investing in the wrong property and getting caught up in the mess of unscrupulous builders and agents. Now, we spend the summer in a hotel or appartment with communal pool so the kids can mix with other kids. I think the kids always get on with whatever situation they're in. It's the parents that worry about having a full life!

ilovekibris

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 81 in Discussion

kimanneil,

please be very careful about coming here there are dangerous people who will do the very worst for money from what they see as dumb and niave foreigners. IMO you have given away far too much info making it plain in many posts you have no need to work LOADED in capital letters, names and ages of kids where you are buying etc etc. If you can think of the very worst thing they could do to your family there are people here who would do anything for cash. They are desperate.... be careful!

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 81 in Discussion

ilovekibris

if they are that bad why are you there and i actually can not belive that you have mailed this to me that puts thoughts in peoples heads so what you are saying is that people on this forum are dangerous as this is the only place we have spoke on

kim

TheSaints

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Kimaneil,

If you are already seriously thinking about it you are already halfway here, we took the plunge and are having a great time fortunately for us everything has gone smoothly for us.

Rowlo we got the keys this week mate, already furnished the place and the weather is great!!!!!

When you coming over??

TheSaints

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 81 in Discussion

kimaneil,

refer back to message 7 then disregard message 64,

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 81 in Discussion

hi the saints was half way there but found that email quite freaky and who ever sent it specially when my kids are brought into it

kim

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 81 in Discussion

for your information ilovekibras the loaded bit was a joke and i found your response a bit threating

kim

TheSaints

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 81 in Discussion

No one can make your mind up for you but there is an element of scare mongers who are trying to put people off coming here.

Best advice and it has been repeated on here many times is if it feasable for you take a long rental and see if it is for you, experience the life here for yourself and then decide.

We visited and decided to stay it is great.

ilovekibris

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 81 in Discussion

kimnneil,

mate no way am I threatening and i have nothing against you and no axe to grind. I an'nt even on the island right now. I'm just trying to open your eyes and hopefully someone else will be along in a minute to join me. You are high on exitement and anticipation but i think you haven't thought this one out properly.

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 81 in Discussion

hi can i just say something to yuo all that are getting funny cos you are it is my buissness what i do maybe if you had lives you wouldnt be butting into mine i have been nice asking people questions but im sorry if you dont like this some of you are just getting plain nasty

kim

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 81 in Discussion

hi we have been looking into it for over a year and partner has lived there before so i think we do know i would not take my kids any where with out thinking it threw so what is so bad bout it over there

kim

ilovekibris

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 81 in Discussion

You have to live in a place to get to know it properly esp a place like TRNC. Being on the army bases while serving in Cyprus and making ovcassional day trips is just not enough.

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Kibris. just to let you know i never spent one day on a Army base in my total of 2 1/2 years and i never got time to do a day trip i got to know the area by working close to both sides but mainly the TRNC side in alot of areas that dont even concerne you, you dont know me and you dont know what my job was, but let me tell you one thing as a friend nobody threatens my family directly or in directly with out me having my say. so dont bother judging before you know the facts

regards

Neil

ilovekibris

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 81 in Discussion

well neil whoever put the personal info on a site like this accessable to anyone is the one putting their family at risk. If you can't take a friendly bit of advice about being careful then fine, good luck to you. Discretion is the watchword. Be careful and good luck.

I can guarantee I'll have been to the areas (come on, Sectors!)you refer to BTW many thousands have come and gone with Unficyp ;)

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 81 in Discussion

you sound very bitter to me

kim

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 81 in Discussion

never worked in a sector there are other jobs you dont know about

neil

tommy13

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 81 in Discussion

admin , this thread has served its purpose i think ...

kimandneil1

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 81 in Discussion

i think so to

neil and kim

simbas

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 81 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was serving no purpose.

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 81 in Discussion

Kim - you will see what I had to say on your other thread. Please don't think that all apparent negative advice is not well meant.

Just keep your eyes open, trust no-one whom you don't know at least to some extent, and question anything that doesn't sound right.

This is well-meant advice.

You will meet lots of very plausible people who may have their own best interests at heart, and I include some Brits in that category. At least Neil has been around a bit in his service life, as did I, that will be a help.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.