North Cyprus Tourist Board - NEW LEGISLATIVE LAW 2
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > NEW LEGISLATIVE LAW 2

NEW LEGISLATIVE LAW 2

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

stevie-d

Message Posted:
22/02/2008 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

THIS IS TO HELP OTHERS SCROLLING ALL THE WAY DOWN ON 1

Original post series is here:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/1332.asp

See below this is an extract from my friends e-mail

Stamp Duty Paid in Girne Tax Office. You will need your original contract complete with all plans and land plans. A duplicate of the above. A letter from you stating that you were unaware that you had to pay this and pse sire can I pay it now. The cost was 0.5% of the house contract price plus 0.2% the total amount paid by us was ****** YTL at todays exchange rate. You can I believe pay this in sterling but most tax offices insist on YTL. For this you will receive a couple of stamps and a receipt.

Land Registry. Paid in Girne by the side of the lawcourts. Not such a quick visit the office is open between 0800 and 1200 winter hours for registration. You will need your original contract a copy of your contract once again complete. copy of the photo page(s) of your passport. Here they will give you some forms to fill. They did try to get us to aquire a copy of the transfer of deeds title. But we can not do this as the land has yet to be parcelised. Whilst I had no problems Ian and Brian had to argue for a while before they eventually gave way and obviously sorted it out themselves. They will try to keep your original contract so you need to insist that they take the copy and mark it as a true copy of the original for their files. A pont to remeber is that the current land owners are the Arkagun not Cafer and Sayit. but you have all the information on your contract. The cost for this was two hours in a tight fitting office full of pushes and shovers and 44.40 YTL at todays exchange rate.

I do not know how a lawyer gets round the original contract bit as I am sure most of you will have the originals with you, but they do.

So there you have it.

stevie-d

stevie-d

Message Posted:
22/02/2008 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Ref message 1 contract was 2004

stevie-d

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

All, I have recently paid my stamp duty, by myself, but when it comes to the land registry and if the property is in both names, both have to be at the land registry office to sign the documents

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.