North Cyprus Tourist Board - Lloyds TSB - Embargo
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Lloyds TSB - Embargo

Lloyds TSB - Embargo

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

OldDogs

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Having enquired of Lloyds Bank Customer Services Department as to delivery of my new credit card I was informed that as from 11 May nothing will be sent from Lloyds to Northern Cyprus as this country is embargoed. Following the advice in Cyprus Today I telephoned Beth Longcroft at Lloyds Head Office, telephone no. 0044 207 356 2491 (email beth.longcroft@lloydstsb.co.uk ). She said that she was not aware of this situation and would look into it. I don't expect her to get back to me. Perhaps other Lloyds customers would like to contact her.

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Vote with your feet. Move your accounts to HSBC. There customer service in the UK is far superior to Lloyds, and HSBC have the most powerful online banking service too.

E.g. HSBC account holders can transfer money overseas using online banking. To another HSBC account in North Cyprus it is same day and costs £15 flat rate for any sum up to £10,000. The service is free to Premier account holders, where both accounts are in the same name.

Lloyds are a failed bank that required £260 Billion of tax payers money to be bailed out. They are also now majority owned by the government (77% holding!).

waddo

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Have also had similar problems with Debit Cards and have sent full details via email but like you I do not expect any sort of reply at all.

Thank goodness that I bank with Nationwide and only have Lloyds as a back up system.

Nationwide made an error on my account last week which took me over an hour on the phone to sort out (complex problem to be fair) but they sorted it and reimbursed me £75.00 for the telephone costs - can not say fairer than that! Free to take money out anywhere within EU (TRNC is included in this) and first class Internet Banking. They will do for me.

tremotorsport

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

sent a cheque to grandaughter for birthday but when presented she was told there was block on the account due to the fact we were living in north cyprus!!! took number of calls to sort it out,

so worth checking if you bank with lloyds tsb

t

elko2

Message Posted:
19/05/2009 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

After 1974 Barclays Bank closed down their branch in north Cyprus and the first thing I did in London was o close my account with them. The lady handling my account was aghast to learn the reason. Its a free world, so you are as free as they are!!

ismet

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
20/05/2009 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Even the chairman of Lloyds bank Sir Victor Blank did not bank with Lloyds! He banked with Barclays:

See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5350711/Bank-worker-who-raided-Sir-Victor-Blanks-account-jailed-for-three-years.html

Littlenige

Message Posted:
20/05/2009 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

From Page 1 cyprus today this week

Lloyds TSB are to probe '' wrong post advice "

Lloyds TSB spokesperson Beth Longcroft said "having had discussions with a number of different areas within the bank I have been unable to find any policy that would prevent us from sending correspondence to north Cyprus "

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
20/05/2009 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

The best thing you should do then is just open a po box in the South and get your stuff sent there.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
20/05/2009 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

All official post goes via Sweden.

Richard

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
20/05/2009 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

In any case, surely the postal address used is Mersin 10, Turkey. Are they objecting to use that address on the grounds the final destination is TRNC? Or are you trying to get the country cjhanged to "North Cyprus".

To me it seems a lot less hassle to ditch Lloyds and use HSBC if they are giving you hassle. Conduct transactions online which their online banking facilities are geared for. Green Option, no statements. All statements stored as PDFs online.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.