North Cyprus Tourist Board - snagging
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > snagging

snagging

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
23/02/2008 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 25 in Discussion

Hi

Can anybody tell me if there is any organisation in TRNC who can define when items are snagging and when they are just unfinished building. We have a situation where developers are insisting on final payments excluding snagging retention when the buildings are not finished and have major defects. The argument will now depend I think on an independent definition.

simma

Message Posted:
23/02/2008 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 25 in Discussion

Hi breezyboy. There are people over trnc who offer that service for around £120. Who are the builders?

breezyboy

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 25 in Discussion

Thanks Simma,

I have a surveyor who has been on the job for 18 months and now have a 12 page snagging list.

What i want to find is a body whose definition is accepted in TRNC as the norm.

My neighbour is already having " a discussion " as to what constitutes unfinished building and what is accepted as snagging.

In UK it would be a lot more simple but the developers who are neither British nor Cypriot hide behind the maxim that things are different in TRNC!

Cheers Breezyboy

spook

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 25 in Discussion

Breezyboy

You should find out if your builder is a member of the Contractors Association if not he should not be building, either way you can report him to the association, im sure a member of this board can provide a contact tel no and/or address.

To ensure that any report is reconised it must be prepared by a member of TRNC Chamber of Architects & Engineers.

Have pp you of board.

artoned

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 25 in Discussion

your moaning about abit of snagging we have all been there and done it ourselves some havent got there property stop blocking the system with something you can probably sort yourself

spook

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 25 in Discussion

Artoned

I would assume from your comments that you are one of those who has not got his yet, your comment seem a little harsh to someone who is just asking for a little help with information to solve his problem, my understanding of this and any other board was to try help each other and not "slag" someone off

hattikins

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 25 in Discussion

Artoned.

I am new to this board and found it a pleasant change from some of the other bb,s where certain members were consistently rude, aggressive and offensive, I am due to move to Lapta later this year and have fully appreciated the help and advice that these bulletin boards can offer, I hope that this board will not go down the same lines as the others and that people can feel comfortable in raising issues without the fear of being made to look foolish, please bear in mind that not everyone is able to undertake snagging/repair jobs confidently and they should not be ridiculed for that.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 25 in Discussion

Thanks Spook and Hattikins for your support.

The only person in danger of being made to look foolish is Artoned who after 5 days and 8 posts is obviously someone who knows everything.

I really do hope , Artoned ,that your property is not in danger of costing in excess of £100,000 to put right like my next door neighbours. I have no intention of allowing my property to cost me any more either in money or grief.

There are many themes on this site which have no interest for me but I wouldn't dream of critisising anyone for posting anything which others find useful.

It is interesting to note you use a pseudonym and hide you e-mail address. Maybe you work for our developer?

Bradus

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 25 in Discussion

I really don't think it is moaning about a bit of snagging. Its more about what do purchasers define as snagging and what is simply buiding work not finished. A request for sound advice from others who have experienced this ?('m sure there are many) I am glad you were able to do your own snagging artoned and I'm sure that many of us have been equally lucky in this area. However perhaps we were lucky enough to have builders who didn't put us in a position like breezyboy's? I like many that use this forum regularly take pleasure in the knowledge that people using this forum are supportive and helpful but most of all friendly and approachable. I note that this is not the only thread that you have made unwanted jestures on? Perhaps a bit more sensitivity with what you write? It would then be most welcome.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 25 in Discussion

Seems a constant theme to Artoned posts, please lighten up. Were mainly a happy bunch.

glencoe

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 25 in Discussion

Thanks Pilgrim - breezyboy - Spook and hattikins

this Artoned seems to have a bit of a chip as does A.N. Other who has just joined the board and posted a reply to my council tax post

The reason I and so many others like this board is the fact that (till recently) it can be light hearted but helpful and informative as well

Tiggy

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 25 in Discussion

Artoned,

Ya got yer arse kicked and rightly So.

I am a city and guilded, fully qualified carpenter & Joiner by trade and in no way am I going to be doing snagging when our villa is alleged to be finished.

I will go around pointing out any problems or unfinished works and be polite to our nice builder. 10% is held back and rightly so. Many purchasers are not DIYers........ So they want what they pay for. You may well be a jack of all trades and probably a master of none. I think you need to apologise for your arrogant and rude message to a person that was asking a simple question.

I hope after fitting your new log burner it works ok.....if not give me a call as I have fitted several.

Sunny day here in London.

All the best to one and all.

P.

(deep down I know you are a nice person)

breezyboy

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 25 in Discussion

Thanks Patrick,

Any room for an assistant with your occupation?

Breezyboy

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 25 in Discussion

Wow Artoned who rattled your cage?

Breezyboy has every right to ask whatever question he feels we can help with. We've all been in the same position so are only too happy to help in any way we can if it'll save people from having problems at a later stage.

Remember 90% of the people on this board don't actually live in the Country and only have a limited amount of time to get these things sorted, normally during holidays so if we can help with what to do for the best why shouldn't we.

Karen

Tiggy

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 25 in Discussion

Well breezyboy, I'm in Environmental Health now dealing with noise and nuisace for the last 16 years.

Still get my tool s out! on a regular basis to do private jobs etc. Will be looking forward to doing some of my own works on the villa and maybe the odd help/assist to neighbours. I have an assistant for my noise job.....but if I'm stuck in Cyprus I will give you a call.

jokers2theright

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 25 in Discussion

Snagging......sometimes if you insist on holding back your payment when the builder insists its due they can refuse to give you your title deeds because as we all know there is no law to say that the owner must handover title. Lawyers were advising clients to pay and then once the title deed is in their name then take action under the contract on the snagging clause.

Colliedog

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 25 in Discussion

Hi Tiggy,

I need some help!!!!! regarding house vibration in UK. Any chance of putting some questions to you of board?

Regards

Colliedog

Tiggy

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 25 in Discussion

Gary,

If I can be of help to you, I will.

You can send me a message on my e-mail address on members information.

Ha ha....this is one that Uturk will not be dealing with!!

breezyboy

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 25 in Discussion

Hi Patrick

It was the occupation listed on your membership information I was offering to do a free appreticeship with!!

Tiggy

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 25 in Discussion

Breezyboy,

I'm afraid I work alone in that occupation!

Not enough room for two!

Have a nice day,

P.

ukturk

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 25 in Discussion

hi

tiggy very funny!!! lol i do all my snagging myself nothing that a bit of pollyfilla or silcone and chaulking wont fix

im sure you can help breezyboy with vibrations that comes from inside a house and you have confirmed that by saying you work alone!!!!! lol

good luck

ukturk

ukturk

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 25 in Discussion

what seems to got up the nose of artoned and im not talking about the powder kind, he seems to be the red hearing of the forum posting once and then disappearing one thing he seem to be doing a good job of is putting peoples back up not sure if he means it or he is just having a laugh

jury is out on him!!!! lol

ukturk

Tiggy

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 25 in Discussion

Thanks Ercan,

Laughed myself as well !

Mr Know it all, could well be using the site for his silly games. Hope I'm wrong!

..................................................................................................................

Ps. Well done Spurs, played my team off the park on Sunday and well deserved the win. (make the most of it)

ukturk

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 25 in Discussion

thanks mate

also forgot to mention you work for them vigins aswell so you are more than qualified!!!!! lol

that must have been hard for you to say that mate cos most chelski fans i know said we was lucky and they did not care about that cup cos they got bigger fish to fry but the problem is the bigger fish you cant fry with grant as your coach gone are the days of the special one era !!!! you must be gutted

lets see if dick tracy is playing silly buggers we will have to wait and see, not to worry them kind of people come and go and they are only a flash in the pan!!!

regards matey

erkan not ercan (im not the airport) lol

Tiggy

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 25 in Discussion

Sorry mate.....a slip of the keyboard.

Regards,

Ratprick.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.