North Cyprus Tourist Board - Will it be YTL or Euro
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Will it be YTL or Euro

Will it be YTL or Euro

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

gillken

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

IF North ands South come to a happy and lasting agreement, will the North adopt the Euro?

What will happen to the Banks interest rates,?

I have been requested to write more as not enough has been said, so it won't accept the posting , but that's all I need to ask and now I am just rambling on!

Tried again still being told to short, soooooooooooooo

It has been raining we are taking the dog to the Vet he has athritic back legs, reading it up on the web mentioned giving him child aspirin, it is a lot cheaper than the stuff the vets prescribe but the same, its an anti inflammatory !!!

Will just try to post again, if I do not ramble anymore then my post has been accepted ............so here goes!!!

Whats going on still won't let me post I thinkl I have written enough, I know I will try and change the subject. At he moment it is " YTL or Euro" will change it now.

I am about to hit the post button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brinsley

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Stick with £ and hope! Tl & Euro too high in my opinion. Aussie Dollars a good bet.

Richard

gillken

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

I want to know what will happen in the future if North and South agree on a solution.

**************************Will the North adopt the Euro?***************************

What will happen to the interest rates in the Banks of the North if the Euro is adopted?

sienna

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Bit optimistic arent we lets have a solution first !!!! I wouldn't rush changing to Euro

Stewart

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Obvious....the Euro will be adopted...many stores in NC already pricing up in Euros ( they have overlaid GBP price and put up prices )....have seen many stores over the last week adopting this tactic.

banks already offer rates on the euro, as they do GBP and YL

Peace on the island as a two state solution, Turkey to enter the EU, not as a full member but as a "special" member ( will not be given the full voting rights in the parliment )....IF turkey accepts this condition.

With NC controling OIL, GAS and water supplies from Russia / North Turkey through to the middle east and visa versa...the EU needs Turkey far more than Turkey needs the EU ( not sure what Greece has to offer at the peace talks other than claiming property which they no longer control...no matter what the EU implies! )

Brinsley

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Most capital expenditure is conducted in £, $ or Euro in the North. No solution to an united Island will ever be found so worry not on that one! Having just returned from Istanbul restaurants, hotels etc seem only interested in advertising in the Euro, most off putting when seeing an A board saying 3 for a beer, I duly put my 3 Tl on the table to leave but was informed it was 3 Euro! I told them to stuff it as I was in Turkey where the currency was Lira! They apologised when told I was from the TRNC!

Richard

gillken

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Just thinking ahead, thats all !!! Want to know if TRNC will stay within Turkeys economy so keeping the YTL. Even though we are effectively part of the EU......................are we? Has the North got a choice?

Aussie

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

If they reunify eventually the Euro would end up being the common currency. You could still choose to invest in Turkish Lira deposits with Turkish banks etc even after this.

Aussie

Jetski

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Not sure where you are Gillken but no such thing as the YTL any more!

I'll get me coat

S

JackieG

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Gillken

My Alsation developed arthritis in his hind legs when he was about 9 and the vet said it wouldn't be long before he would have to be put down. But me being me, im a nutritionist, thought i'd give him what i would recommend to a human. I started him on one Glucosamine and chondroitin daily and within a week he was fine and lived arthritis free until he was 16! the vet couldnt believe it....and now he recommends it to clients. You dont need to buy expensive ones, obviously i have no clue of prices out there....but good luck...its certainly worth a try.

Regards

Jackie Gilbert FICNHS

breezyboy

Message Posted:
22/05/2009 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Thats very interesting but what has it got to do with this thread?

Do you have anything for a pain in the arse like a GC with dilusions of grandeur?.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
22/05/2009 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Back to the thread

My opinion only.

2 seperate states and the TL stays even if the northern state joins the EU.Which it doesnt have to do.

davedee

Message Posted:
22/05/2009 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

message 9 ytl /tl does it matter.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.