North Cyprus Tourist Board - Fishing gear
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Fishing gear

Fishing gear

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Fishing in North Cyprus

steelman550

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Anyone know the best place to buy fishing rods,reels etc.and how do prices compare to the UK, also maybe interested in buying a kayak at some point.

I would be grateful for any information.

Sam.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

My husband came across a great fishing shop almost opposite Lemar on the Catalkoy Road. Say you were coming past Pia Bella (on your right) - go over the next roundabout and its about 100 yards on your left just before you get to Lemar on the right.

Graham

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Two decent shops one across from the 1001 shop in Girne, the other is on the same road as the HSBC bank 50 metres down on opposite side.

Graham

ronaldo

Message Posted:
24/02/2008 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Sam

Great fishing tackle shop across from Lemur on main road think it is called Kingfisher Marine. Very helpful, terminal tackle dirt cheap, decent rods and whips and poles are expensive compared to UK. been in a couple of times hooks line lead weights etc .

bought a telescopic rod 11"6 long and a half decent reel, they set everything up ie, put line on reel and even set up rod for me really very nice people nothings t much trouble for them as all north Cyprus persons. found a couple of decent fishing areas best one behind the holiday village facing new Harbour. Caught loads of sea bream on a ledger not to many snags, unlike other areas were you have to float fish depends what you want to catch. In Essentepe in sept watched a local guy catching What we call garfish they call them Zaragona on little sprats.he had 3 about 3 feet long. was over in Jan and watched the locals catching Brown eels in the rocks with dead bait. hope this is helpful to you, I am going over again on the 9th March I am going to take with me an 8 metre whip for smaller fish as you cant hit bites with the telescopic rods you buy over there.

best regards Ron

steelman550

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Thanks Ron,

i don't know about the eels,i'am a bit of a novice when it comes to sea fishing.

Looking to pass a nice couple of hours fishing with my son while the wife chills out at the pool. Fished off a fishing pier in America last year. where we bought my son a cheap rod from Wal-mart. My son just dropped his rubber lure over the side while i was closing the lure box,when he said he could feel a fish on his hook. I took the rod off him and dragged this fish up by the line as his rod looked as if it was going to break. To be honest we didn't expect him to catch anything,this fish had a large head and double rows of big teeth.

I s### myself. Locals called it a sheep head.

Kind regards

Sam.

andysue

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

anyone interested in freshwater fishing in north cyprus? im coarse angling addict and i know cyprus has some fantastic coarse fishing. anyone know any dams in the north where i can cast a swimfeeder and what licences do we need to fish them regards andrew

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Yes it is called Kingfisher

ronaldo

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Andy

I know of a great reservoir think its called Anglezarke they fish matches there every week. Believe peg two"s a Flyer unless you get a muppet on it. organisers a guy called Darren hes a very good angler and is very helpful . wins his section most weeks !you Can ring him will email you his number.

Regrds Ron

andysue

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

gud un ron! the last three weeks ive drawn three,twenty(i won section) and as you know two yesterday how bad is that for drawing crap? yes big D took our section of peg four but im still in front on paying him out.the mighty turkish ken won his section all beit by default ! off peg nine( he cast into peg ten im told) we will have to watch him when are having knock ups ! regards andrew

ronaldo

Message Posted:
25/02/2008 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Andy

Just been browsing , and found out some good info i think" At Getcilkoy there are four reservoirs . try Trails in north Cyprus link. maps and directions to these I believe that you need a licence to fish these which are inexpensive and much the same as UK reservoirs rules apply .I am going over with Turkish Ken in March will do a recci and let you know what happens.Fishing in the North Cyprus reservoirs is permitted only with a special licence. Licences are issued by the Head Office of the Fisheries Department and Marine Research in Lefkosia (North Nicosia), or from District Offices of the Fisheries Department.

Regards Ron

andysue

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

thanks for that ron. ill have a browse on the trails site you mention.turkish ken said you had found a fresh water lake last time you were over.why dont you take feeder rod with you just to cast a straight lead to find out depth and type of bottom and wether its snaggy or not.ill be going over again in a couple of months and staying at turkish kens ill take some proper gear over and leave it there so we can all have a chuck regards andrew

phantom

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

hi lads i have been reading your comments and do you need any licences for sea fishing many thanks al

andysue

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

no licences required to fish in the sea. you have to get a licence to fish the freshwater reserviors but im told they are all out of bounds at the moment due to the chronic water shortage. im over next week so ill be haveing go in the sea seeing the reserviors are no go regards andrew

Chris

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Where is Anglezarke?

Chris

andysue

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 00:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

hi chris . anglezarke is just outside chorley in lancashire up in the hills near winter hill , it got mentioned on a previous post by ronalado , it was a bit of banter between him turkish ken and me , we fish there every sunday in a match . i hope you aint spent ages looking for it on a north cyprus map ! regards andrew

phantom

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

many thanks for the info hope to see youl ina weeks time

AndyP

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Try the 2 lakes at Arapkoy. You must be having a laugh about licenses when the locals turn up with a bit of line, weight & Hook, chuck it in and tie it off to a tree, then return in morning to eat what the catch. Make the most of it because they eat everything and soon there will be nothing left.

andysue

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

andy p im not having a laugh about licenses ! i typed in fishing in freshwater in north cyprus on google and a load of info came up, it stated you have to get a licence from some place in nicosia to fish the reservoirs. im not going to the trouble of getting one if im never going to be asked for it. these two lakes you mention at arapkoy where exactly are they and how do i find them? im over in two weeks and would love to throw a feeder out, im staying at turtle bay village. . regards andrew

AndyP

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Head from Turtle bay going back to Girne. Look for the valley view restuarant on the right and take the turning immediately opposite. Follow the road down and bear left at the fork and then next right passed an old shack of a house. Keep going and the lake will be over the top of the mud wall. Do not try this in anything other than a 4 x4.

Other lake. Up mountain to Arapkoy. Take 2nd turning to Arapkoy. Follow down into village at the yellow bus stop/shelter turn right. Follow that road straight on passed all the big villas on the right. The road will run out of tarmac but keep going down the track (down the mountain) and you will end up at the second lake.

Last time I fished these there were plenty of carp in them.

Carbotec

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Andy like yourself I am an avid course angler been living out here now nearly 3 years, and really miss my fishing, did you get any replies to your posting, would be great to meet up and chat.

Dave

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.