North Cyprus Tourist Board - visa requirements for non-british visitors
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > visa requirements for non-british visitors

visa requirements for non-british visitors

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

scotsguy

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Can anyone advise on the visa requirements and process for the following nationals who wish to visit me in TRNC, advice to date is very conflicting, Nationals are from :-

IRAQ

INDIA

KUWAIT

ROMANIA

They only wish to visit for 2 weeks maximum

This would be greatly appreciated.

tommy13

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 09:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Ive had much experience with this , ive had indian , kuwaiti and romanian , all with no problems , india and kuwaiti came through larnaka with me and we crossed at border no problem, romanian is eu and came through ercan no problem , In the end its at the discretion of the immigration officer , I had a problem with a morrocon once, i had to submit my ID and they made it my responsobilty to return them to ercan to exit the country . If they are tourists a hotel booking and sufficient proof of funds is usually enough to convince them they are genuine tourists. If they are your personal guests staying with you could let the immigration know about it before they arrive. Alternatively if i have doubt or they are from what trnc considers 3rd world countires , I go and see a particular fella at kyrenia police station I have a particular guest and they let immigration at ercan know

guinness

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

The representative office in London are very helpful, try them first.

Cheers

guin

scotsguy

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks guys any contact details for these people and the office in London ????

guinness

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Google them

guin

Graeme67

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

My Mrs is an Indian citizen and as she won't take British citizenship for patriotic reasons, it's easier for us to fly directly to the TRNC. I thought initially she'd need one whichever way she entered Cyprus, but three calls to the TRNC London Consulate (speaking to different folks every time), proved otherwise. I was told the passport officer was quite entitled to ask for proof of return tickets, accomodation booking and cash etc, but as Pegasus didn't give me tickets and my accomodation was a private villa, I took the Pegasus email booking confirmation and a quick letter of detail from the villa owner. I also took cash and our marriage certificate. Nothing was asked for. The officer just gave a glance, as he did to all of us, but I guess travelling as a family helped.

As I understand it, if an Indian were to enter via the Greek side, they'd need a 'Schengen' (sp?) visa, which allows non-EU citizens entry into several countries (Greece one of them; presumably Greek Cyprus too?)

ToShakeYrLa2

Message Posted:
05/06/2009 04:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Anybody any recent experience of South African national visiting via Ercan? (This would just be for a 2 week holiday) I can see a month tourist visa would be granted in Turkey if staying in Istanbul, but this would just be a transit through Istanbul from SA to catch an onward flt to Ercan.

Thanks,

David.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.