North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency info needed pleeease!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency info needed pleeease!

Residency info needed pleeease!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Trudy

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Hi

My 3 month visa is due to run out in the next 4 weeks. I understand i need a few things to apply for residency and i just want to confirm that. I understand i require a copy of a rental agreement, well i dont have one because we are just staying with friends, can i work round this or do i need to try, not sure if possible, to get my name on his lease somehow? Secondly, i dont have a turkish bank account, can i provide my scottish bank statements and does there need to be a minimum of funds? I also need a blood test which i am aware of, and should i get my name put on the lease, a letter from local muktar (not sure of spelling!)

Do i need anything else? Also how long would you estimate this all takes as obviously i only have 4 weeks left!

Oh and is there a company that just does it for you as i dont drive and also believe i have to go to lefkosa frequently?

Thanks in advance guys!

smithy

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Truday

There is a guy Louis at Pegasus Bar next to Lemar who did my very first Residency thats his job so if you had a word with him he will let you know what you need etc and then he will go and do it for you, as the first one is always difficult his number is 0542 874 7952 speaks perfect English so no trouble there, he is at the Pegasus Bar Friday mornings but you can ring him any time and he will meet you.

Sheila

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Hi,

I am not sure Louis is there anymore, I haven't seen him for 6 months or more. I do believe there is a guy called Ali Riza, I bumped into him in the hospital during one of our residency trips and he was helping out 2 or 3 couples at the time. He is based in Girne but I don't have any details.

maybe someone reading this does.

slimboyfat

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

You will need to go to the police station yourself to put all the documents in. Louis only collected them from Lefkosa but when I went to collect my wife's and my own recently they said she should have gone in person.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Firstly you need to go to immigration in Lefkosa to get your ins and outs which is basically a piece of paper that has the dates that you have been in and out of Cyprus. . Then you need to go to the police station in Girne. You need to take your passport, also a photocopy of this. Photocopy's of bank statements, rental agreement or your friends contract of sale, Muktars letter. Take photocopies of everything don't let them keep your originals.

Go to Girne hospital get your blood test and x-ray which you have to pay for. Then take this with you to immigration in Lefkosa 2-3 weeks later.

Alternately jump on a cheap flight to Turkey and get a 90day visa on the way back in.

Good Luck

Chris

Getting somebody to do it for you usually means at a cost!!!

smithy

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Even though Louis may not be there he will still help you with your Residency, all I did with him was to go to the girne police station with all the paperwork he told me to get, then he took it from there.

Sheila

nurseawful

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Sheila,

We went with Loius 5 years ago and really got stung, lost bloods etc which really knocked up the cost, 4 of us ended up paying him around £600.

The problem then was that nobody would tell you how to go about residency on the island it was all a big secret!!!!

The mentality at the time was I had to find out myself so why should I help you.

everon

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

we have always sorted ourselves out and helped all our friends as well ( at no cost ) you only have to go to Girne police station and they will tell you everything you need ( dont forget to write it all down ) they are very helpful. As the rules change all the time, this is the first thing I would do x

Trudy

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks for all your answers! Will pop down to the police station as soon as i can. I think my only prob will be i dont have a rent agreement as im staying with friends, but ill ask them about it.

Thanks again!

keithr

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Try Ian Maillie on 0533 842 0204. He's doing mine right now,will have the vital stamp in my passport next Monday. It has taken about 3 weeks.

He has contacts to "smooth" the way as it were....

Trudy

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

how much did he charge you Keith if you dont mind me asking?

Geejay

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Obtaining residency oneself is now so much easier and cost effective. To do-it -yourself will cost tl 175 plus TRNC stamps to value of tl 6.60/7.00. The police at the station in Girne are most helpful and will advise the documentation that you need. Take your passport with you.

Documents will include a Muhtars certificate, a copy of your passport, 2 passport photo's, Copy of your sale contract or rent agreement, local bank statement. You may also need to have a medical examination.

There are many offers to help in this process but they are expensive and unnecessary especially as you have to obtain most documents yourself. The same would be true of obtaining a driving licence.

Louis is still "helping" with residencies as I saw him in Immigration 2 weeks ago. He charges a lot.

smithy

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

You are right Louis was expensive so I used him just the first time 5 years ago but now its easy to do it yourself, but the first time is daunting so gave his number just in case.

Sheila

Trudy

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Goodness! I dont have a local bank account though, will a scottish statement do?

Anyway will head down to the police station asap

Thanks for all your help

Geejay

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Trudy,

If they won't accept a UK bank statement all I can suggest is that you open an account at Turk Bank, HSBC or any other well known bank and deposit a small amount of cash. What they want to see is that you are able to keep yourself financially in the TRNC but want some of your funds here.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.