North Cyprus Tourist Board - flytipping in residential area of Girne
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > flytipping in residential area of Girne

flytipping in residential area of Girne

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

bondi

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Today at 8.45am a JCB transporting - what looked like builder's debris drove onto the car park land adjacent to our flats and deposited the debris onto the land, near to the far end fence - I didnt notice it first time round but 5 mins later it returned with another lot - I shouted down at the driver and waved my fist and uttered several industrial expletives(english I dont know the turkish as yet) at him and he did not return. I live in Girne and this was right in the middle of a residential and part commercial area. What is the law on fly tipping here? is it similar to UK? When I returned at 5pm I did notice that there was no more rubbish tipped so I think he knew that he wouldnt be welcome on another return.

petez

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

We have a facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131520585014

We are looking at ways to solve the problem of fly tipping, litter and dumping, feel free to join.

ilovekibris

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

bondi while you were bending his ear did you note the registration number and whatever did you tell the police? You are a witness.

Lilli

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Bondi it hapens everywhere here sadly what can we do . Will the police do anything. Only today they dumped a pile of stnes just past our pavement. Always an eyesore . And to think I got into trouble with the lapta police because my dogs barked at them xxx

bondi

Message Posted:
29/05/2009 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I have just read the blogs re flytipping - message 2 seems positive on the subject - sorry- from the second floor I couldnt see the reg no of the JCB. However, today a very large artic arrived and several smaller lorries - there was a divi up of what looked like packages of all sizes of Bauhaus furniture - it was really funny to watch -a bit like several Bernard Cribbins trying to take off of the artic and then putting into separate piles for each lorry and so on - only wanted Eric Sykes there with a clipboard! What was of concern though the polystyrene packaging was just left to the four winds. I do have the reg no of the artic and one of the lorries. Sengun artic reg no FA 739 and lorry TCF 806 - any help to the Facebook group?

jock1

Message Posted:
29/05/2009 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

I know what the TCF stands for....

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.