North Cyprus Tourist Board - Kavanlar Apartments Part 13
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Kavanlar Apartments Part 13

Kavanlar Apartments Part 13

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Kavanlar Apartments Threads posted so far

cooper

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 104 in Discussion

Here we go again !!

Cooper

liz w

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 104 in Discussion

what would we do without you.!!!!!

see you in june

Liz

niftyduo

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Lemtich, the reason for the high viewing rate is clearly the quailty of the discussion on this thread.

Will be back next week to pick the fleas out of Ilker's ear which Struben kindly inserted last Saturday over the al fresco indoor swimming pool.

High Priest

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 01:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 104 in Discussion

I think the high viewing rate is because we are all waiting for the site to be completed and to no avail .

When we read about no Pergola, no railings, walls crumbling,holes appearing in tarmac, broken drain covers, cracks in buildings, I personally just get so annoyed. Another email goes to Ilker + I personally don't feel like posting. After having moved in almost 12 months ago its time everything was completed. Come on Kavanlar make Phase 2 a Site everyone can be proud of, it can't be that difficult.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 104 in Discussion

HP

after care service from them leaves a lot to be desired ......hole in the tarmac ,heard that before as phase1 has had a hole in the tarmac awaiting kavanlar to fill in for 1 and half years ,yes true 18months of excuses why it cant be filled in .

kav

cooper

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 104 in Discussion

NEWS FLASH !!! Hot off the press, these are the latest pic's just received from our very own on site Photographer Gemma.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo235/cooper_06/gettingthere001.jpg

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo235/cooper_06/gettingthere002.jpg

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo235/cooper_06/gettingthere003.jpg

Thanks alot, see you soon.

Mr & Mrs Cooper

High Priest

Message Posted:
29/05/2009 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 104 in Discussion

Hooray, thanks Cooperman/Gemma, looks as if we're getting there now, can't wait for our next visit.

Well done Kavanlar , Meps + Geoff for all the hassle he's probably had to give them to get where we are . Things are looking good.

Dunover

Message Posted:
01/06/2009 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 104 in Discussion

I myself would like to say, I don'tknow why people are still buying from theses idiots that are supposed to be such good builder's

I came to look around in view to buying and investment property on Phase 2 and 3, this is why I didn't

1, Nothing seems to ever get finished

2, No sound proofing for such big blocks

3, Damp all around very new building

4, Cracks everywhere

5, Every job looks half finished

6, The customers who already own there never seem to be happy

7, The builder's front man just seems to be interested in money, and getting it out of you

8, He also talks the biggest load of crap I have ever heard from a so called builder, he don't seem to know

of any value

9, They all seem to be late finishing, if that is what you call finished

I would say steer well clear of this lot altogether, and go to a builder that knows what they are talking about and can deliver the goods on time to proper high standards not crap built by morons

High Priest

Message Posted:
01/06/2009 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 104 in Discussion

Wow thats strong + it should be worrying for Kavanlar, I hope you have told them Dunover.

On the whole we are happy, the build + finish is good + we would recommend people to buy here if a 3 bedroom apt on a complex is what you are looking for. Its just the annoying things that need to be done to finish off. Sound isn't a problem,the damp caused by the rains is currently being done, so are the cracks due to new build. Late finishing seems to be par for the course in Cyprus.

Judging by other peoples stories, we have done ok and there are some terrible ones.

You've got to think as the Cypriots do, as we say put your Cyprus head on.

Good Luck Dunover.

Dunover

Message Posted:
01/06/2009 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 104 in Discussion

Sorry about the odd spelling mistakes on my last thread

I have been a builder in the uk for over 20 years and I am ust appalled at the lack of quality and honesty from these people, how they are allowed to build such shabby buildings is beyond me, and when asked simple questions they just dodge them and don't ever give a straight and honest answer

I have read a lot of the threads about these idiots and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole

and as for the long legged long haired idiot front man well,

words just escape me he is the biggest idiot out the lot

Dunover

Message Posted:
01/06/2009 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 104 in Discussion

Hi High priest

I don't see why you should put a cyprus head on if your paying good money you want good quality

I stood in a ground floor bedroom and could hear someone going to the loo from the one above,, sorry I would not want to hear that at all thanks it just not acceptable in my standards

There should be rules and safety standards all over the world now

I took a walk around their building site and was even more appalled,

Sorry if it ruffles some feathers but thats how it looks to me

High Priest

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 01:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 104 in Discussion

What I suggest is you look at all sites availible + even include older property with pre 1974 title.

We did + found Kavanlar build one of the best for a new apt. The rules + safety standards in Northern Cyprus seem antiquated + are almost non existent as the builders want them. So are many other things, but thats all part of the charm?

If you do buy, wait till you have to face the Beleydiyesi for a water meter + Kibtec for an electricity meter. We had 7 meetings in all + then its pot luck if they put them in the right place. If not you have to pay again + wait months for your money back. Wait till you have to pay for your water tank to be filled so they can watch it run down the drain to prove that the non return valve isn't working + I could go on. But hey Ho, things do come to him who waits. We still love it. Its your choice but maybe Northern Cyprus isn't for you?

Dunover

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 02:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 104 in Discussion

I think Northern Cyprus is a beautiful country

But I honestly think it's not good for genuine buyers who want QUALITY

I have looked at most of the different builders, but I have to say Kavanlar seem to be nothing more than cowboys

I personally ddin't see any type of quality in the number of Apartments and the few houses of theirs I viewed

The plumbing is one of the worst I have ever seen, rot and mould inside the wardrobes and cupboards - which comes down to damp, -- if they were built with the right materials and damp proofing - that wouldn't happen

Condensation inside the double glazing - with good quality window that wouldn't happen

Tiles all over not even set straight

Electric completley wrongly done

The list could go on forever, and I really don't have the time

I am still looking at buying, but I want to put my money into something that is worthy of it, not something to regret in a few years or months time

But a dis honest builder will not get my money

sporty

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 02:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 104 in Discussion

High Priest,i've just come back and i'm struggling to understand why dunover is so pissed of with them,ive been a builder for nearly 30yrs,i looked at 3bed apts,10k more in price and the finishing and workmanship was crap at best,im being kind here too!i then saw a really good size 3bed apt that was 15k less, i still chose to buy at Kavalanar,the pool and area around it looks really good,the apartment we are buying is first class,i couldnt fault it,i agree the tarmac is broken in places but im sure that would be as a result of lorries going over it whilst progressing with the site,i am told that this will be made good when works are completed. and if it doesnt,i really couldnt care less! perhaps dunover you should go south and pay 3 times as much for an equivalent apt! is your glass half full or half empty? you could buy a rolls royce but it can still break down,did you know the towaway trucks cover them over so nobody knows its a roller thats gone wrong.

Dunover

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 03:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 104 in Discussion

Sporty

I also am a builder of over 20 years, and my standards seem to be a lot hight than Kavanlar's

I have an apt in the south and the quality is a hell of a lot better than the crap they build, and it didn't cost a mega fortune as I bought it at the right time

The jobs will get done when the works are completed, they will never be completed

One this cowboy gets your money and all the beer and wiskey you try to buy him, he will just avoid you as much as possible

I tried to talk to him and he just simply dosen't answer his phone, unles it's for his own benifit

Not worth it mate

sporty

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 03:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 104 in Discussion

well we'll agree to disagree then mate,no worries,if when finished theres a few things like broken tarmac for example,if it pisses me off i'd get it sorted myself if ilker doesnt do it.Thats a big ol site to run,your bound to get a few hiccups imho,time will tell.

Dunover

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 04:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 104 in Discussion

Sporty

Hiccups are his middle name

But sorted he will not do

He will collect your money whether the apt is finished or not and use it for his own benifits

As for the tarmac, why should YOU finish it off when it is the builders job to do it in the first place

You pay top dollar for bottom dollar material's

Not good work practice in my book, sorry....

woodies

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 104 in Discussion

I have just returned to the u.k after visiting our apartment on phase 3 which is nearing completion,it is true that there are a few snagging issues as there are in all new builds.However most of these were sorted out during my visit. We have seen these apartments in various stages of construction and we are of the opinion that they are well built. I am sure that more problems will arise but at least we are listened to and things do get sorted.I cannot agree with dunover and wonder what his motives are,his chosen log in name probably says a lot.

niftyduo

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 104 in Discussion

Not an argument to get in the middle of really but, we looked at a good number of places before settling for a Kavanlar apartment. It was an easy decision, they were streets ahead of anything else we inspected in the north. I believe most of the existing occupants are in the main happy, or even delighted like ourselves. Human nature being as it is we all like to moan a bit about things we would like to change but nothing is ever pefect, if it was we would complain about it.

Jimmyboy63

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 104 in Discussion

Yes I agree ..... we also looked at other apartment's and Kavanler were far superior to the rest only critisism i have is they are way behind schedule with there completion date.

Me think's Mr Dunover definately has a hidden agenda here!!!!

sporty

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 104 in Discussion

i suppose i've missed out on the big wait,delays etc,as i'm buying one thats up and running,i can understand frustrations from buyers who are waiting when their places are behind schedule,i own a string of properties in uk,we are full time landlords,have you tried in uk to get an electrician around or a plumber?To turn up when they say?I have used several of each and even the ones that i use time and again are still unreliable at best! Yes the job gets done but its really a case of going with the flow at times and as long as your happy with what you've bought in the end thats all that matters,i could write a book on meeting people at prearranged times at places and tradesmen not turning up,or letting you down last minute. it really is no different imho.

High Priest

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 104 in Discussion

WIND UP, I think we who bought don't have to justify anything. We're happy, Dunover definitely is not, could the problem lie a little deeper than building standards. We're a happy lot on Kavanlar, things are good, the sun is shining both in England + Cyprus + we've got 3 weeks in our lovely Kavanlar apt very soon. Don't rise to the bait Fellow Kavs, as I said good luck Dunover there are some very sturdy apts at Amaranta.

High Priest

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 104 in Discussion

I've just put some thought into this and for me we are all being too polite to this person Dunover. We are nice people us Kavs but I think enough is enough. You call our houses CRAP + think you can get away with it.

There is definitely a hidden agenda here, quite possibly to try to turn our postings into the slanging matches of other ones where people like this get involved. So If you hav'nt got anything positive to say + all you can do is criticise our purchases go away + dont come back. I hope Kavanlar take you to court which is an easy thing to do in the TRNC.

I will not respond any further on the subject.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 104 in Discussion

Well said Dunover and absolutely accurate. I notice on an earlier post that High Priest was complaining about a number of outstanding issues but, in answer to you, is apparently thrilled with Kavanlar. Oh, right. Just to add the icing to the cake, do try falling out with the unlovely Ilker even though you are totally in the right. Very abusive, threats of violence etc. Some months ago, spent a couple of hours with Lapta Police lodging an official complaint about his behaviour. Not the first complaint they had received about this moron apparently. The police soon called him to heel though and told the unhappy purchaser to ring them immediately if there were any further threats and they would come and arrest him. The bold Ilker has certainly kept his distance since then.

I wouldn't argue that Kavanlar are better than many others but that doesn't make them good. On the current state of Phase 1, it would be interesting to see what this development looks like in 5 yea

nostradamus

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 104 in Discussion

Cont/ 5 years time. The damp problems, the crap electrical work, the unrepaired road - how long is this now? The collapse of the road was nothing to do with lorries entering the site. The main pipes to the drainage system run under the road at this point and the road will continue to collapse unless the ground is properly consolidated which it should have been in the first place.

For anybody to say that buyers should put up with this because 'it's Cyprus' beggars belief. Some of these people must have made their money a damn sight easier than I made mine to be prepared to chuck it away on a Kavanlar fantasy!

High Priest

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 104 in Discussion

A number of outstanding issues, yes well put , but the build quality is good + the whole phase 2 site is attractive. Thrilled is your word not mine, happy with our purchase, we are + what the hell has it got to do with you anyway. Go away + try to cause trouble elsewhere.

Struben

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 104 in Discussion

We also looked at other developments, and felt that Kavanlar were pretty good developers. Yes, like most builders, they were behind, but there are many reasons beyond the Developer's Control.

We ourselves, have had a few problems, but with all due respect to the description of Ilker, he does eventually try to help - so the "Long haired Idiot" as you so call him, actually is not an idiot, he just, tells us sometimes what he wants us to hear, because it is probably so much easier for him. In view of the fact that you are a builder, maybe its best you build yourself, - maybe, you wont find it quite so easy.

Incidentally, did you speak to all the residents on the Phases, who all seem to be unhappy, you definitely did not speak to us. We are very happy here, problems just like anywhere in the world.

Maybe North Cyprus is not for you - try the South!!!

Dunover

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 02:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 104 in Discussion

Sorry but I have to defend myself and my belief's here,

Marlene, Yes I did speak to you late last year and you were complaining about damp in your apt and the lack of lighting around the site

Another customer complaining about car's running around the site late at night, the bin's never being emptied, which will cause rat's (no thanks)

Another really annoyed that she could hear her upstair's nieghbours going to the loo etc

To have a builder say's what you want to hear is just a load of crap to me, what happened to good old honesty or do they not understand that concept, TELL THE TRUTH

I have built my own house which has took a little over 6 months since the start, and I must say it was quite easy and is of much superior quality, with no damp, cracks or condensation

I understand with all new properties you get problems, but in Kavanlar's case those problems are unacceptable as they are avoidable in the first place

With QUALITY MATERIALS

Dunover

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 02:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 104 in Discussion

Struben

Sorry I have to dis-agree with you

ilker is a complete idiot, he dosen't even have original thought's, all his projects look the same never anything new,

He lies, he is arragant, he always THINKS he know everything, when in fact he know's nowt

He gets up everyones noses that why he can't get anything done, and send other people to do the jobs for him,

I was told by a friend he even gets a "friend" to get customers elecetic put on for him as he has to wait for weeks

The council don't like him that's why they drag their feet on issues that need sorting

It's funny how most the residents complain, but then they are very happy all of a sudden when someone starts putting the truth out, Why

Because they dont want to get on ilker's wrong side, THATS WHY !!!!!

STUFF THAT iLKER

High Priest

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 104 in Discussion

Dunover,

Please may I point out that your problem is not with us + you definitely have a problem. Take it up with Kavanlar, it seems as if you may have some sort of history with them + leave us alone.

May I ask you what is your Nationality please.

stickle

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 104 in Discussion

A number of the issues raised have been taken on by MEPS and have been tackled very quickly. I for one have been most impressd by the efforts of the maintainence company who have sorted out many of the initial problems. The issues regarding litter and general maintaing of the site. Albeit a difficult task as the site (phase two) is enclosed by two further sites. If tyhe present effort is kept up then the site will look and be good when you arribve back in five years.

PS May I remind all that the forum is not for personal abuse.

liz w

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 104 in Discussion

change of subject!!! sorry.

out early on monday morning and looking forward to seeing everyone again . Only 12 days this time but still looking forward to it and also to taking a dip in the pool!

Liz

Jimmyboy63

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 104 in Discussion

Well done Liz for changing the subject.....sick of listening to Mr Dunover who obviously has a hidden agenda spouting off the same rubbish!!!

Enjoy your 12 days in the sun

Struben

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 104 in Discussion

Yes Liz, wise move to change subject, enough negativity in the World. I have a friend busy dying of cancer in the UK, and they loved living here, with all the property problems.

Looking forward to seeing you, If there is anything you need - just shout, although, the family will probably have seen to all that.

Have a safe flight. Weather great, has been very hot, no doubt you have had all the news from Mary.

ebbern5

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 104 in Discussion

I am sure that Dunover has a propetry for sale in phase 1

He is not doing himself any good with his account of the development and builders and putting buyers off.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 104 in Discussion

ebbern

is that true ,property for sale on phase1 hey .....would that be the tool that doesnt pay his maintenance money and thinks he can get away with it ?......

if it is dunover will be appropiate name

kav

ebbern5

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 104 in Discussion

SEEMS LIKE IT

Dunover

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 07:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 104 in Discussion

Well you obviously didn't read my post's properly when I said I WOULDN'T BUY FROM THE KAVANLAR COWBOYS

So how could I have one on any phase for sale

I have no issues with the people who have chosen to buy from these idiots, thats your problem

But may I just point out this IS A KAVANLAR THREAD

I am British by the way so I do know all the building standards that should be adhered to and I can't see that the cowboys do any of them

If you are all happy with shoddy building standards, thats fine, but when I buy a property I still want it to be good in 10 years time, and from what I have seen I can't see that in 3 let alone 10

With all new building you have teething problems, but dealing with the cowboys that talk crap

Nah sorry not for me !!!!!!!!!!!

High Priest

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 104 in Discussion

Each to their own, 11 days to go to our next visit, pools full, railings up, can't wait. See U soon.

HP

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 104 in Discussion

message 38

why dont you go sling your big building hook then and chat somewhere else .

or better still go tell ilker why you wont buy from him ,or what he does wrong ....for me im ok with kavanlar ,i think property is what was described ,for the money and build quality ok .

better still build your own let us see what a good builder you are

kav

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 104 in Discussion

anyway message 38

i used to go to school with a guy called dick smith ,small world with names ....he left and went to aus and married a girl called sheila

kav

cooper

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 104 in Discussion

As Rolf used to say - "Can you guess who it is yet"

Cooper

Dunover

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 104 in Discussion

Well, I am totally lost with the last 2 post's ?????

I am from liverpool and still there, and my wifes name is Claire, ( Not Sheila ) ????

I have tried to talk to Mr Ilker but it falls on deaf ear's as he thinks he knows it all

So be happy with your second class apartments, Good luck with them

I myself have nearly finished my house and I am sure it is a lot better quality than they will ever manage

niftyduo

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 104 in Discussion

I am confused, when did you have the operation Dunover? You talk like a woman and like everybody else, I thought you had cleared off to Sheila land

High Priest

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 104 in Discussion

Better than that where is your house built, we can all come + have a look at the fantastic building standards you have achieved. Might even bring Kavanlar so they can learn something from you.

Left yourself a bit open for that I think.

sporty

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 00:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 104 in Discussion

have they done the pergola by the pool on phase 2,when we was there a few wks ago they were doing railings by the pool.We are completing early sept. cant wait,was hoping to be in middle of august so we could have a summer holiday,but couple cant move out earlier,so will have to be in October.

High Priest

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 104 in Discussion

A bit slow telling us where your FIRST CLASS house is Dunover. We've taken a lot of critcism from you, but when it comes down to it you fail to deliver.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 104 in Discussion

message 47

HP may be ,just may be his wife claire was putting a few extra shrimps on the barbe last night ,so dunover couldnt chat

kav

johnny p

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 104 in Discussion

hi donover. can you help with our pergola on phase 2 ?

scampy

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Chaps

Just thought I would take a look and see how you all are,

Things here are fine, its winter here now but still really warm

Its funny all my stuff arrived this week and I put my quilt on my bed and its too hot for here

I see you finally have the pool filled, oh how I miss the pool's from there, they are so shallow here, and we can't go in the sea cause of the stingers

Let me know how you all are, I do miss our chats over the balconies, the neighbours here just don't talk to anyone

Take care

Susie x

scampy

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 104 in Discussion

I have just been reading all these post's above ???

It sounds like you think it is me ?????

Well I can assure you its not, I haven't been on here for weeks and I bought a Kavanlar apartment because of the build quality, and I have even been around with ilker selling them

So why on earth would I slag them off, I loved my apt and was really sad when I had to give it up

So take it from me, I dont know who this fella is not me

Oh, Grandad jess said hi

Susie xx

stickle

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 104 in Discussion

Would not have thought so. Insurance being a pain in the arse. Have not forgotten. Hope all is well with you all .

Bill and Linda

scampy

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 104 in Discussion

Well sort of, but still trying to get my money from the apt, from the bloke that ripped me off, might get deported though,

I love it here, got a new man who is lovely, I am getting on so well with my dad too, just wanna stay now

I think ilker has done what he can but his hands are tied with the big boss

Whats wrong with the insurance stuff ???

Susie and Jess x

steveg1947

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 104 in Discussion

Hello all, has anyone heard ANYTHING about the kocans? Phase 2.

Is the deadline for the .75% still the end of June or has it been extended at all. I have tried emaiuling Ilker and Fatma every few days but \i have had no replies so far!

It is absolutely **ssing down here in Bolton at the moment ! LOL

Steve

steveg1947

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Susie nice to hear from you. Glad you are making oput OK in Oz.

Everything seems to be at a standstill at the minute regarding kocans.

Fingers crossed

Steve and Jean

scampy

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 05:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Steve and Jean

Thatrs sounds about right, I have trouble getting through to him too, but did speak to him yesturday and he said to me he is up to his ear's in work and sooo busy, so bare with him, I am sure he will sort things out in time, he normally does

Good luck with it all

Susie x

dav88

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 104 in Discussion

Dunover,

Ive read all your posts and you did mention that you are looking to purchase a good quality apartment in North Cyprus. Send me an e-mail and I will send you some details of an apartment and trust me I sincerely doubt that you could find ANY fault with it as noone has ever been able to thus there is currently 1 remaining. Even if you dont want to buy - as a qualified builder I would just love to hear your genuine thoughts.

Ps. I know the threads about Kavanlar so sorry for going off the topic but I couldnt help it!!

High Priest

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 01:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 104 in Discussion

Hi All,

Just had an email today from Fatma asking for our contract registration no. so they can transfer Title Deeds.

Sounds promising. We will see.

HP.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 104 in Discussion

HP

had that email on 8th june ,lol.

yesterday received another one saying they have done all they can and paperwork down at land registry for transfer of title ,so will see .

im out friday for 2 weeks so will do a bit of running around and see if right

kav

niftyduo

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 104 in Discussion

Just in case anybody is in any doubt following Dunover's comments (and it sounds like he has been done over by somebody), we have just had some pigeon spikes fitted on our A/C unit and the guy who fitted them said how impressed he was by the quality of our apartments. His job takes him into many villas and apartments and he said he has yet to see better by any builder.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 15:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 104 in Discussion

nifty

good idea ,ive just bought a owl from b&q for £8 ,going to bring him over next week and give him a perch on the aircon.

if that fails then will get spikes ,do you have number for contact ?

kav

niftyduo

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 104 in Discussion

Pigeon poop man 0533 869 4372 he charges 20tl/metre fitted

it is hot & humid so be prepared

steveg1947

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 104 in Discussion

I too have had an email about the kocans from my solicitor! so it sounds like good news.

Kavenkoy, what date are you going out?

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 104 in Discussion

26th till 12th

kav

kewen

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 104 in Discussion

Hi

Can anyone let me know what progress is like on phase 4 at the moment. i.e have the windows gone in etc. The last pictures we had from Kavanlar showed the inside and outside as being plastered but that was feb/march time. Any info would be much appreciated.

High Priest

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 104 in Discussion

Hi All,

We arrive on 24 June + I still have some 4 x 4 inch gold engraved house numbers as seen in phase 2, block 5. Is anyone inerested at 10 quid each. They look much better than the blue Kavanlar ones.

Thanks,

HP.

niftyduo

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 104 in Discussion

Kewen: not a lot to report on phase 4, all blocks are plastered and some tiling was started early May but abandonned in favour of building surrounding walls. There are workmen on site today so I think it may be the tilers back but I only guess. Kavanlar moves in mysterious ways but it looks like phase 5 will be finished ahead of 4. relax and think 2010

kewen

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 104 in Discussion

Thanks niftyduo

We are over August so we can take a look then. You would of thought 4 would of come before 5. But as you say they move in mysterious ways!!

liz w

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Folks,

it was lovely to see everyone last week , I had a really good time although I didn't get to catch up with everyone as much as I would have liked, never mind there is always september !!

We received an e.mail from Fatma wanting our SS number ,so that they can get on with the title transfer. So it looks like phase 2 is getting done now aswell ,fingers crossed.

Liz

sporty

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 00:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 104 in Discussion

is the pergola by the pool on phase 2 done yet?

sporty

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 104 in Discussion

how much are people paying for communal fees each month?

Jimmyboy63

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 104 in Discussion

Mess 67

Phase 5 was sold before phase 4 and this is why it will be completed 1st

niftyduo

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 104 in Discussion

Not quite Jimmyboy, the problem was one of access. Phase 3 had no access because of the occupied houses on the roadside so they delayed too much construction on 4 to give access through 2. Are you keeping up with the plot? When 2 was finished they linked a phase 3 block into phase 2 services so they could move the residents from one the roadside houses, then demolished it to get proper access to 3.

Phase 5 had not problems with access.

Our friends bought on 4 before phase 5 was even up for sale

Jimmyboy63

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 104 in Discussion

sorry Nifty didn't realise it was so complicated!!!

sporty

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 104 in Discussion

mesg for anyone on this site-jpr69 was selling a top floor penthouse on phase 1 back in feb,the phone no.he left on the board i cant get through with,he witheld email,does anyone know if its still on the market or has it been bought?he hasnt posted for a while so i assume its the latter.Kavanlar seem to be messing me around on our purchase and i've a good mind to buy a different one from someone on the site,pref.penthouse.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 06:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 104 in Discussion

sporty

no jpr69 sold his appartment ,left 4months unpaid meps money and went back to the uk .

so he does pick up his phone please dont hesitate to tell him .

there is appartment for sale on phase1 ,block e ....but not penthouse ,there is ground and a middle

kav

sporty

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Kav i take it meps is the communal fees there? how much are they?

i found jprs 69 apt, still being advertised on an estate agents website so i've emailed them asking if its still for sale.

liz w

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 09:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Sporty, we pay about £46 per month maintainance for phase 2, things are looking good ,although there are still things to be ironed out ,but we are getting there.

Liz

johnny p

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 104 in Discussion

hi all is the pergola by the pool on phase 2 done yet?

sporty

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 104 in Discussion

back to top,is the pergola on phase 2 finished??

cooper

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 104 in Discussion

I beleive it is still being made in the workshop.

steveg1947

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 104 in Discussion

Hello all, has anyone heard anything about the kocans? Since the date for the reduced rate of .75% has past, has anyone actually been given theirs?

The weather in UK has been scorching this week, in the top 80's, unusual for UK even in the summer!

Back to rain today though.

Steve

cooper

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Steve the date for the transfer fee reduction as been extended until the 30th September explained here - http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/documents/tax_transfer.html

When we were there last week ilker was still waiting on the land registry to complete their part before he is in the position to transfer title.

Cooper

Struben

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 104 in Discussion

Our Pergola on Phase 2 should be really outstanding - still no sign of it!!!! How patient are we? If it arrives in time for the next rains, we can at least go and sit under it and look at the pool!!

niftyduo

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 104 in Discussion

Yes Struben its lo.v..v..v.vely, perhaps Ilker knows the story of the Emperor's new clothes.

stickle

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 104 in Discussion

Perhaps, those on site might ask MEPS to push the issue. they did quite successfully with the pool. Hope all are well.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 104 in Discussion

before you have band stand pergolla around the pool area fitted just ask .

is it your best option ? you have more appartments on site 2 ,yet less space around the pool ,would you be best having it as a sun terrace ?

site 1 has the band stand and its very under used ,in fact its a storage area for sunloungers .

site 1ers should we chat about a BBQ communal area ?

kav

Struben

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 104 in Discussion

We don't think it is going to be as "heavy looking" as on Phase 1, it would in fact be great to know what design Kavanlar have in mind for us - we only own the Property!!

You are right Niftyduo, it will be luverly.

About time you came back, you have been gone too long now - what is it about 3 weeks?

sporty

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 104 in Discussion

i struggle to see why on phase 2 it is accepted that the pergola will be done "whenever",come on folks,a little word with ilker should do it,summers going to be over soon so you wont need somewhere to shade from the sun,hoping to be over in Sept in phase 2. On my contract it states my payment of communal fees will only become due when everything is finished according to the approved plans,i assume the approved plans has a pergola on it showing? Don't want to cause bad feeling as i do think Kavanlar are a good bunch in general,but from my own point of view it will need to be sorted by the time we complete,i'm sure it will be.

cooper

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 104 in Discussion

I can understand what you mean to a degree sporty but what will you do if you do complete and the pergola is still not fitted will you still expect to use the communal pool & communal bins ?

Us and most other residents are paying our communal fee's because we feel fortunate to have Meps looking after our site they are doing a excellent job and we cant hold them responsible for the pergola.

Cooper

sporty

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 104 in Discussion

hi cooper,i'm not saying that i wont pay the communal fees,i'm saying that i hope its done before sept,it would certainly give me a case to argue if i wanted to be awkward,but i'm not the awkward type!i'm happy to pay my bit,no worries there,in fact i may have done you all a favour as my advocate is holding back a few thousand as a retainer to ensure the broken tarmac is repaired on phase 2.Look forward to meeting all you fellow kavs when we join the club.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 07:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 104 in Discussion

hi sporty

broken tarmac was resurfaced last week , if you want broken tartmac come to site 1 ....its a had a hole for 18months "promise when site 2 gets surfaced it will be done" , forgotten ?

true what cooper says SUPPORT MEPS AND ALL PAY YOUR MONEY ,ITS YOUR INVESTMANT.

if you dont pay you dont use the facilities ,bins ,pool,car parking etc etc

kav

sporty

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 08:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Kav

No Worries about the communal fees mate,glad to hear about the tarmac being done too! see you soon hopefully.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 104 in Discussion

sporty

did you get fixed up with what you were looking to buy ?

kav

High Priest

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 01:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 104 in Discussion

Hi All,

Just back today from Kav 2 + there are still a number of things outstanding. A number of us put these in writing to Ilker:

1. No gated entrance, there seem to be all sorts of vehicles driving around the site after dark, many people use the site as a cut through, some non residents are attempting to use the pool at weekends .

2. Lack of boundary wall between Kav 2 and phase 4 + 5

3. No railings on boundary walls bordering phase 3 and at the back bordering Beleydir land.

4. No Pergola.

5. No pool Lighting.

6. No Comunal Area or Street Lighting.

If you feel so inclined please email Ilker with these points.

HP.

sporty

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 02:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 104 in Discussion

Hi Kav, yes we finally ironed out our contract,its on phase 2 and we complete at the beginning of Sept,but i may not get over there till Oct.Really looking forward to our "place in the sun". We looked at a lot of properties whilst we was over and these Kavanlar Apts were far better than anything else we saw,we also spent nearly every dinner time eating at the Dolphin in the village,even though we stayed in a villa at catalkoy!,we really liked Alsancak.Looking forward to being part of the community there.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 06:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 104 in Discussion

..."Looking forward to being part of the community there. "...

Oh no! - Another one 'going native'

AJ ! - there's another little friend here for you......

- only joking - HONEST!

Keith.

Struben

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 17:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 104 in Discussion

Hi All, just for the record, we have written to Ilker on behalf of the owners, who would like to know when we can expect some of the outstanding issues to be completed. Also requested a meeting with him.

No reply yet. Hopefully will get some response from him

We are not trying to be difficult, just want what we all have paid for!!!!

niftyduo

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 104 in Discussion

Don't hold your breath Struben, knowing Ilker he will just do a Nelson on you, turn a blind eye. You could be in trouble if he does a half Nelson!

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 104 in Discussion

if yoy guys on any phase get soare tarmac....we poor cousins on phase1 been waiting 19months to have a small hole filled.

kav

but ilker will sort it because he wants the kavanlar appartments to be the best on the island

High Priest

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 104 in Discussion

Hey Nifty, that sounds a bit negative. We got quite a bit more done when we were out there, mainly due to Geoff badgering Ilker in person + in writing. Thats great Struben, if we all stand together + shout he does take notice.

Come on Nifty add your voice to the crowd.

HP

liz w

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 104 in Discussion

you can add our names!!!

isn't it about time we had a part 14 ,cooper over to you !!!

Liz x

steveg1947

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 104 in Discussion

I don't know how many, if any, of you have had the following info that I got from my solicitor recently. I had sent my money for the title deeds before the end of June. The cheap rate was then extended to the end of July. However, it seems that Kavanlar, and the other builders have to pay their share, at the full rate of 3%.

It was part of the new Govt's manifesto to reduce the rate for builders as well as purchasers if they were elected. They have apparently reneged on that deal

The builders in TRNC have all said that they will not issue ANY kocans until the Govt allows them the reduced rate. It may be some time before any of us gets our deeds.

Steve

P.S. do any of you have any recommendations regarding freight companies who will ship part/shared containers to N Cyprus from UK?

cooper

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 104 in Discussion

The reduction on transfer tax was initially only reduced for the buyer but as now been ammended to include the vendor.

This reduction will now run until the 30th September.

The buyers discounted rate is now 0.75% normally 3% if you choose to use your once in a lifetime option to pay at this rate otherwise the rate is 6% making it 1.5% with discount.

The vendors discount is 2% making it now 4.25%

Cooper

I am starting Kav 14 to save scrolling down and to please Liz !!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.