North Cyprus Tourist Board - THIS WEEK WILL BE FREE FOR VENDORS to sell !!!!! @ Ibo's Inn, Alsancak
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > THIS WEEK WILL BE FREE FOR VENDORS to sell !!!!! @ Ibo's Inn, Alsancak

THIS WEEK WILL BE FREE FOR VENDORS to sell !!!!! @ Ibo's Inn, Alsancak

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Miss Ruby

Message Posted:
29/05/2009 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hello,

Last Sunday was the first swap and sell market at Ibo's Inn, Alsancak. We had 7 tables in all . not too bad for the first one .. Most people agreed it was a real positive to be able to trade in the shade! (there are areas to set your tables up outside in the sun or inside) The bar will be selling drinks at discount prices and there will be snacks on sale .. So come and have a fun day out!

If you would like to sell please reserve a table via the email below or to come as a guest .. Simply turn up. Open for vendors at 9am and guests to enjoy from 9.30-2.

As an incentive for people to come this week and sell their odds and ends turning them into hard cash, or even by selling new stock or little home-made nibbles for example ..

THIS WEEK WILL BE FREE FOR VENDORS to sell..

So please get in contact asap to reserve a table for a fun and productive day out!

ydkw@hotmail.co.uk

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
29/05/2009 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

HI,

I put something on the other thread before reading this one, obviously another one of those senior moments.

See you Sunday.

Stella

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
29/05/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Please reserve a table for me

bondi

Message Posted:
29/05/2009 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

I thought i would respond to this posting - I agree a market doesnt just happen it has to evolve - I run one in the UK - started four years ago and it was difficult to get traders in as they were a little worried whether there would be any return on their outlay. Now four years on we fill the hall up and have a waiting list so " great oaks from little acorns grow ..... " good luck with the venture and once it is established it will be set in stone on the weekly calendar by this time next year you will be surprised at the footfall. Look at Lambousa that started out with around 10 traders and there are hoards now - not everyone can make saturday so its nice to have a choice.

Miss Ruby

Message Posted:
29/05/2009 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Hello bondi,

Thanks for your insightfull message. Very reassuring!

Just got a few more bookings !!

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
30/05/2009 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

I agree - Sunday was an inspired choice........

smithy

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Can you please answer a question I was told by a forum member that the Sunday market is closed for the next 3 weeks as the person who runs it is going away, is this true.

many thanks

sheila x

NatAless

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Miss Ruby,

Please reserve me a table to sell (in the shade or inside) on Sunday, have also emailed you.

Thanks!

Natx

smithy

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

IS IBOS OPEN TOMORROW

watchdog

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Unfortunately, it looked very closed when I passed there at 10am and again at 1pm. Such a shame I believe the person that runs this sunday market is in the UK for three weeks and is unable to get anyone to cover it - I also heard that it was beginning to take off, from stallholders who have started going since it first started, so if it is going to be out of action for three weeks, it is soon going to lose the momentum - when it has just got going. It is going to have start all over again -not good for market business.

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

watchdog - Ms Ruby has gone to UK for three weeks, and yes, your above remark about the momentum being truncated, whilst true, can be turned around in that, as Ms Ruby has posted in another thread, the next Sunday market at Ibo's will be on 5th JULY, so it's something to Diary and look forward to, plus it gives everyone plenty of time to make cakes, or jams or some sort of goodies to sell, or sort out stuff they don't want but someone else might; collect up all the books they have read but someone else hasn't - et cetera - to hopefully sell. I have taken the following from the other thread:

To reserve your table now: email at ydkw@hotmail.co.uk Free parking and entry for visitors. Vendors pay 10TL for their table and chairs.

It won't be a success without vendors there to make it so!!!!!!!!!

Open for vendors to set up their tables at 9.00AM

Open for visitors to enjoy at 9.30-2PM

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.