North Cyprus Tourist Board - Who can help me?harrasment
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Who can help me?harrasment

Who can help me?harrasment

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Pixie

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

I have just receieved an email from someone who is advertising their business on cyprus 44. I had posted a comment on someone elses thread and now this person has sent me a mail - asking me to refer customers to their agency.

I do not wish to be sent private emails on subjects that I have no interest in.

I posted my email for another reason- I find it offensive that this person searched my member postings and sent me an email about their business.Why should I waste my time on my personal mail space?

If I wanted to hire someone or do business with these people, or know of anyone to do business with these people I would do a search and then refer them.

I have kept the mail- whom can I complain to about this?

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

Pixie

Can you e-mail me please.

AJ

Littlenige

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

It will happen on a COMMERCIAL forum if you display your email address.

It happened to me on here and to be fair I emailed the company concerned and they did confirm they would remove me from their mailing list and todate I have had no further emails from them.

Well done fma.

japeal

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

Pixie,

Name and shame they should be banned from advertising on the board, I know people can see email addresses, but companies should not be using this method to obtain our email addresses this way to get customers

negativenick

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

not harassmant, just good old fashioned business......

hide your e mail address if you are bothered.....

Had a very interesting e mail this morning from a glue supplier....

Nick

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

This is how people get business nowadays - it's the 21st Century. I would reply to the sender and tell them to delete you from their mailing list. If you receive multiple emails after that then it is harassment.

ataturk

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

Thats called harassment is it.

waddo

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

You can always block the senders email address and direct anything from them to your SPAM - or if you want to be sneaky (not that I would of course) - you can re-direct it elsewhere. I am told that it is handy to be able to re-direct such mail to a direct competitor!!! Then you never get to see them again.

Pixie

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

I posted my email because I wanted things for my newborn baby, I dont want to hire any caregivers from the greek side. I never mentioned I wanted to employ anyone. Yes I consider it harrassment when I recieve an email from someone who is trolling for business.

ilovekibris

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

It's not harrassment. It was a speculative e-mail sent on a site whose main purpose is making money for the owner. Your rights may figure somewhere way down the list, but at the moment you have nothing to complain about.

Pixie

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

No, I made a comment about what the rates of pay should be for a phillipino and why its not a good option to bring someone over from the phillipines.

I never mentioned that I wanted to hire anyone- or that I knew people who wanted to hire people.

I got an email from someone else who is doing this business, and who also posted on that thread. To be honest they also posted a new thread which recieved no comments.

Everyone is looking for business, I am also looking for something to do as of next year, But I dont search members that might hire me or use my business. If I want an opinion on something I post a topic and I look at what answers people are giving in order to make a decision over whether or not that idea is going to work.

I find it insulting that just because I made a comment that I was contacted for this persons business. If I want to give my business to someone I do a search or post a topic which states very clearly that I do.

Im sorry but I think this is wrong.

Pixie

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

Hi AlsancakJack,

have been unable to logon to my email account. Will forward you the mail asap.

thankyou

Pixie

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

dear Nick,

I actually did hide my email address on my profile. I had posted my email address for information about newborn furniture.This person must have searched me.

dear No1Doyen,

I agree with you. I overreacted, and the topic sentence was too short so I had to add something-that was the first thing that came to mind. I was just a little startled when I recieved this email when I had nothing to do with them or their business.If they continue to send me emails that would be harrassment. But to be honest I did feel like it was a bit of invasion of my privacy.

dear ataturk,

I didnt really understand your remark.

dear ilovekibris,

I would just like to state for the record that you are also right, and I would like to state on here that Im not interested in having private emails about things that Im not interested in.reference for the future.Anyone who checks out my profile will see that now.

Lilli

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

Hi pixie I get people emailing me all the time for jobs and I cant blame them. How do you find out about anything unless you try. Just report it as spam.We are a small community and to get buisness anyway is very hard. Im sorry you were offended Im sure they didnt mean it. Just a sales opportunity xxxxxxxx

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

I wouldn't call it harrassement - in these uncertain times, one always receives unsolicited e.mails at some juncture - if for nothing else, Companies sell addresses to others whether we like it or not - I would just ignore it and ONLY if they sent another, would respond "I do not wish to communicate from you/with you, kindly remove my address from your list". In the scheme of things, it seems such a small irritant...........

I always advise one has two, three or four e.mail addresses, for the very reason one can divorce private correspondence from commercial enquiries or mail sent to folk one only expects to be in correspondence with for a short time - so should the correspondence escalate further than one wishes, one can just ignore unwanted approaches, having those e.mails filtered off to spam from the e.mail address used for just such occasions - leaving one's prime e.mail address only known to those one wishes to be privy to it.......quite simple..........

breezyboy

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

Pixie,

You are lucky you only got one!

Take your e-mail off your members info if you dont want what can only be called unwanted e-mails. Harrasing is something which threatens you in some way. Even with spam filters I have to check that none of those in the different folders are actually wanted and gone in the wrong box. 2200 of them on my return from TRNC today!!

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

If they continue to email you after advising them not to send you any more emails then it's harassment!

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

Hopefully the situation has been addressed and the business concerned should have taken the appropriate steps to assure Pixie that it will not happen again.

AJ

Hector

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

I get spam emails all the time, a lot worrying about my sex life, manhood etc. What concerns me is how do they know?

simbas

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

I too had one from the Agency , it was an inoffensive harmless e- mail , i was not interested so i just deleted it

Regards , Simbas

Stewart

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

Hi....welcome to the world of Spam...not much you can do about it....even with many filters in place..I still get about 50 a day....they all go straight into my trash file....and still some get through.

Worse will be....if you open a spam email thinking it is genuine, or you open it by mistake....within 24 hours you will recieve 20 more, all identical

kellybelly

Message Posted:
03/06/2009 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

Don't exaggerate (harassment) don't be soft.

Lilli

Message Posted:
03/06/2009 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

get them all the time. my god i could have a toy boy a dat just delete and report as spam. every day i win millions of dollars or some one fron nigera wants to give me money if only x

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.