North Cyprus Tourist Board - Karaman - Levant Bistro & Bar
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Karaman - Levant Bistro & Bar

Karaman - Levant Bistro & Bar

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Karmi Village in Kyrenia North Cyprus

Levant

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Hello! We are new to this Forum but are impressed with the quality and depth of comments posted.

We would be very interested in any feedback, if you have been to the Levant in Karmi (Karaman) as we are trying to improve our services and options.

If you didn’t like something – please tell us why or how to improve it.

If you did like it, tell us what we did correctly and then please tell your friends!

Thanks.

niftyduo

Message Posted:
19/07/2009 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Hello Levant!

We are the travel writers who met you when you were just starting. A couple of months ago we called in for lunch and asked for a recipe or two which you promised to e-mail to me for the book we are now writing. I appreciate you are probably very busy now but would we grateful if you could treat it with some urgency as we are in the final stages of writing. This would also allow a bigger coverage on the page for your restaurant.

Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you and seeing you again in the autumn.

Please e-mail:- brileen14@tiscali.co.uk

niftyduo

Message Posted:
20/07/2009 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

If anybody is planning a trip to Levant, will you kindly ask them to read this thread

Levant

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

We are so sorry we didn't get back to you sooner and as explained in the e-mail to you; we thought our sting wasn’t posted because it was supposed to be in “Restaurants” and not “Bars”. Again – we apologize for the slow response.

Information has been sent to your e-mail address.

Thank you very much,

Ken

joandjelly

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

I had Sunday lunch at Levant a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious. I've lived here for 2 years and never really wanted to have a roast dinner but a friend wanted to go so we tried it and we really enjoyed it. Choice of 3 starters and desserts and then either pork or lamb for the main course. We all had the pork and I was particularly impressed with the vegetables which were perfectly cooked and the wonderful stuffed onion (would love the recipe for that) and braised red cabbage. My husband had the puff pastry cherry tart and I had the caramellised bananas, both of which were really good.

The only thing I would mention was that I chose the salad starter which was described as a mixed salad but it was actually with blue cheese and walnuts. It was lovely but I just think that the ingredients should be mentioned as they are both quite specific and some people may have a problem with nuts.

All in all I would give it 10 out of 10 and really good value at 25TL for 3 courses.

Jo

Pipie

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Great review , will def try next time we are that way !!

Levant

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

joandjelly

Thank you very much for your comments – they are greatly appreciated!

We were wondering what recipes to put in the tourist guide. We certainly can do the stuffed onion! Thanks for the suggestion about the mixed salad. It is also a starter on our evening menu where it says: mixed salad with blue cheese and walnuts -- we'll change the Sunday description to make it more specific. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back in our restaurant soon (let me know when so I can buy you a drink on your return).

Ken

Levant

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Pipie

Yes – please do give us a try!

Yes - please do give us a try! I'm not sure where you are on the island, but we’re really not very far away from anywhere. It is defiantly worth the trip up the mountain to Karmi, and the views are magnificent!

Ken

Earlybird

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Ken

How refreshing to see a thread like this on 44. We have visited so many restaurants and a lot having the attitude that we are doing them a favour. I hope customers will give you feedback. Well done.

Sue

Levant

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Earlybird

Thanks Sue! Yes we are sincerely interested in getting feedback so we can learn and grow to be able to serve you better. This is our first year so we have lots to learn. The general feedback has been very positive and that is always nice to hear – but we need to improve and the only way we will be able to do that is by listening to the people who experience our lovely little place. Thanks for your input!

Ken

chezzi

Message Posted:
30/08/2009 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Ken,

Nice to meet you today, and just to add to joandjelly's post that the Sunday lunch was really excellent and very good value for 25ytl.

My boys all enjoyed it very much.

Levant is one of my favourite restarants and we always visit when we come out to Karmi and I also recommend it to anyone.

Lovely in the summer with the outdoor terrace and fab views but also lovely and cosy in the winter with the big fire!

Keep up the good work!

Chezzi

Levant

Message Posted:
31/08/2009 06:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Thank you so much Chezzi! It was great to have you join us yesterday and we hope to see you back again soon. Cheers, Ken

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.