North Cyprus Tourist Board - No Need for Turkish Translation
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > No Need for Turkish Translation

No Need for Turkish Translation

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

spook

Message Posted:
03/03/2008 23:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

New post on TRNC Villa Owners site that government have done a u turn.

Girne Tapu today accepting English Contracts , anyone who can confirm this?

picks

Message Posted:
04/03/2008

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Hope you are right,saves alot of hassle

rtddci

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 01:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Cyprus Today last Friday still saying translation needed as your English contract is not recorded.

See http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/documents/Press/CT010308_stampduty.html

Martin

simbas

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 05:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

hi , milou has posted a response a few times to that question ,she posted the email fom her lawyers in nc , no it does not have to be in turkish

regards simbas

Milou

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Gang

This was confirmed to me by email from the TRNC Land Registy office but it was three weeks ago. I tried phoning the TRNC Land Registry office this morning as I've lost the email address - I tried two numbers:

0090 392 6111400 - at this number no one could speak english

0090 392 6111402 - This number just rang

If there's anyone out there who speaks a bit of Turksih can u please try ringing the first number.

Regards

McSteviet

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Had email from my solicitor, just this morning, saying that the Land Registry was not accepting English contracts.

I wish they could make up their minds. I am going out on Thursday and was wanting to do this myself, but if they have to be translated into English, then I won't be.

MC

livethedream

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

From Saturday's Cyprus Today:

FACTFILE: WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

. Payment of stamp duty to the tax offıce is compulsary. For exısting sales agrements the payment ıs 0.5 per cent of the contract prıce untıl March 31. Thereafter, on exıstıng agreements, you wıll have to pay 0.5 per cent plus 1 per cent late payment penalty.

. You need an orıgınal sıgned sales agreement, a copy of this and the 0.5 per cent ın YTL, sterling or a cheque drawn on a TRNC bank account. If payıng ın sterlıng take the exchange rate for the day.

. The Prime Ministry states that only the buyer, estate agent, buılder or lawyer can do the stamping and Land Regıstry regıstratıon on your behalf wıthout a power of attorney.

. If the contract does not state otherwıse, the buyer is responsıble for the late payment penalty.

. All signed and stamped sales agreements can be registered wıth the Land Regıstry untıl April 8. It ıs not compulsory to regıster sales agreements sıgned before January 1 2008, but the goverment recommends ıt. There ıs no penalty for contracts sıgned before January 1 2008.

. Documents that wıll need to be produced when regısterıng a sale at the Land Regıstry are: the orıgınal sales agreement, a copy of the sales agreement; Land Regıstry-stamped district site plan; a copy of the site plan with the property marked; a copy of construction and architectural plans; a copy of your passport; two copies of registration form 34A. A power or attorney is needed if third party is to register the sales agreement for you.

. ANY CONTRACTS IN ENGLISH MUST BE TRANSLATED İNTO TURKISH. İt is not necessary for the translated document to be signed by the buyer or stamped, but it is recommended to include a note from the translater stating it is a true copy of the original.

. The Land Registry fee totals 44.50YTL.

. The tax office in Girne is just off the main road opposite the turning to the police station and Wednesday market. The Land Registry Office (Tapu) in Girne is on the ground floor next to the post office in the Girne District Court building.

This kind of makes sense, as although some of the staff might be able to speak some english, it doesn't mean they can read it. Would you approve or receive a document which you could not understand?

Good luck to all

livethedream

elko2

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Now all we have to do is to find out which days of the week they acccept English and which days they want a translation. It is such a mess, a fine example of how a government should not be run.

ismet

Milou

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

hi Elko2

You made me laugh with your comments - Keith and I are in the process of emigrating to TRNC and things in the UK are not much different - I have a few horror stories, although the only translation problem we have here is usually with the clerk behind the desk!!!!!

regards

rtddci

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

From HBPG website

04 March 2008

Tranlation of Property Sales Agreements

The recently introduced requirement to have English Sales Agrements dated prior to the 1st January 2008 translated into Turkish for registration at the Land Registry has been abolished.

To replace the need for the translation the Interior Ministry are currently preparing a short form in both English and Turkish which will be available at the Land Registry later this week.

If you already have a Turkish translation this will be accepted provided it is signed by the translator as being a "true and accurate translation".

A copy of the new Land Registry form will be published as soon as it is made available to us.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.