North Cyprus Tourist Board - Tonight programme - TRNC Property
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Tonight programme - TRNC Property

Tonight programme - TRNC Property

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

negativenick

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Well they told us what we already knew.....

What fools we were buying property on land belonging to someone else....

ah well, it's only money.....

fire starter

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

nick,

the point is the trnc goverment guaranteed it, it should be them paying up, no one else!

hubby came up with a valid point yesterday.

from 1974 when they took control here, why did they just not issue all kochans as turkish?

why did they ever issue any with exchange land titles?

they gave exchange land titles to those tc's who left property in the south, so with all those title deeds they must own enough in the roc, if they sold it off,they should easily be worth enough to pay off the greek cypriots who wish to claim.

i feel they need to do something instead of keeping quiet, or coming up with some crazy scheme to keep the gc's out of the north.

negativenick

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

FS - how can the TRNC government "Guarantee" it ?

It's not their land !

imagine nicking a car in the Uk, printing a new log book and selling it as your car, and "guaranteeing" title....

Kinda makes sense ?

the butler

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

For the first time I agree with Firestarter, as we have bought on exchange land, somewhere in the South there must be the equivelant land with which it was theoretically exchanged. As the land in the south is of much greater value, then if the worse comes to the worse. I will go and claim that. I am sure the greek cypriots will see sense and realise that they have the better deal and accept land in exchange in the south.

I for one cannot see that many greek cypriots wanting to come back to the north of the island to live. I would like to know how many of those that were sent to the south have emigrated to other countries and made new lives for themselves. Do you honestly think that they would return to the TRNC from Australia or the US to fight for a few donums of scrub land? I don't think so, they would be glad of compensation for it.

The butlers wife

tattlad

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

In that case just sue the person that sold you the land, and / or house, simple, but like I said before if you are worried about you British property, put in your Childrens name, I wouldn't worry about you TRNC property as all those soldiers are going nowhere. unification will NEVER happen.

fire starter

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

butler,

i'm glad you see that i don't take a one sided view, but this whole property thing is one hell of a big mess which has at some point to be sorted out.

i have friends , customers and family who are on exchange land, i am watching them stress so much over all of this.

i just get cross because the goverment must hold the deeds for the land they exchanged, sell it and pay of the people in the roc.

the silence from them is amazing and for the head of the construction group to say lets ban gc's from the north or hide the names on tilte deeds, is beyond belief to me.

if they truely believe they didn't steal anything, what is their to hide?

they just need to face up to it, and deal with it now.

shortly all property in the north will be worthless as there will be knowbody stupid enough to buy!

nick,

i have a couple of stolen bmw's if your interested? you can always hide them in your garage! lol.

fire starter

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

i can see where your coming from arbee.

there has to be some way to do it fairly ??

there are now too many extra people involved, like brits on exchange land and turkish mainlanders.

mr t an dmr c have a very hard job, because neither side will be 100% happy with the outcome, because its not possible.

MotoMoto

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

The misleading images of property being torn down whilst implying it was in TRNC and not Spain, together with images of the invasion in 74 being positioned as a brutal land grab were worthy of Goebbals at his best!

More Greek Cyp propoganda - the ITV and excuse of a journalist should hang their collective heads in shame!

breezyboy

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Unfortunately I hadn't set my recorder properly last night. A post last week mentioned a repeat but I cannot see it. Does anyone know when and what channel?

cooper

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

You may be able to watch it on this link - http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=43024

Cooper

dodger

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Cheers Coops,

Paul.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.