North Cyprus Tourist Board - car hire from larnaca airport fontana
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > car hire from larnaca airport fontana

car hire from larnaca airport fontana

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Car Hire in North Cyprus

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

sissy

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Does anyone know if fontana car hire allow you to take their cars to the north from larnaca Airport, if so do they do fully comprehensive.

http://www.cyprus-car.com

wynyardman

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Fontana were reccommended by Cyprus 44 as being suitable and reccemmended. If you are not insured in The TRNC

we need to be told. Just look at the banner at the top of this page?

Hey guys. We need FACTS! and soon.

wyn

Stubs

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Anytime we have had to hire a car in the south and come over to the north we have had to buy extra insurance at the border.

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I hired from fontana at pafos last year.

Had to buy insurance at the border to be able to drive car in North, but thats TRNC regulations.

I am told that if i had accident in the north, policy from south would cover everything but i would have to get the car to the border.

The car was all battered and scratched, but the rep noted this on agreement, so it didnt really matter if I added any scratches.

sweep

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

The charge is for the additional insurance that is required in the north. To cover you for 18 days the extra insurance will vary depending upon the car size; small cars are €60, medium €70, 4X4s €90 and convertibles and MPVs €140.

If you choose the insurance through Avis and break down in the north then the breakdown recovery service will come and collect you.

If you choose to pay the extra insurance directly at the border yourself then you’ll need to double check whether this is included or not as Avis breakdown cover wouldn’t extend to the north if you’d paid at the border yourself.

I hope that makes sense!

chezzi

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hi, I hired a car 1 month ago in the South and was told at the border we can now buy fully comp insurance, it was 70EURO for 1 month!

They also told me that as I had hired a car from Avis, that Avis would normally arrange the insurance for the whole ilsand from the UK when I mae the booking if I had requested this. I have since checked this with Avis and this is correct, their quote was for 3 days only, but will do it for longer but told me to phone each time as it varies depending on exchange rates etc..

Here is my email:

Thank you for your email

*Cross Border *

If you decide to cross into Turkish occupied Cyprus, Avis Cyprus needs to be informed in order to make arrangements for the purchase of additional insurance (which is compulsory)

Euros 30 (Valid for three days)

If you are booking through our central reservations call centre please advise them at time of booking. 08445 81 81 81

But you can now buy fully comp insurance for any hire car from the South

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.