North Cyprus Tourist Board - Citrus Gardens, Karsiyaka (part two)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Citrus Gardens, Karsiyaka (part two)

Citrus Gardens, Karsiyaka (part two)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Gardening threads posted so far

Portakal

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 255 in Discussion

First thread has been maxed out so I have started a new one.

scooby

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 255 in Discussion

Just a querie for john again. Why has H block only got 3 solar panels on the roof compared to 4 on the other blocks?. This could be just photo trickery but I have to ask. Hope you don't get tired of answering questions. Thanks for your responses.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
08/06/2009 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 255 in Discussion

Just wanted to reply to Portakal's message on the other thread about internet access. We originally had Extend but they then lost the use of the base station they were using and we lost access completely. Don't know if they ever sorted it out but it was months and we eventually plumped for Turkcell 3G. This also gives you the flexibility to only pay when you are here although it would have to be for a full month.

Concept2

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 01:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 255 in Discussion

John,

Would like photos of B1 internals please when you can get in it.

Jo- I will re- look at my garden layout. I will send you the plan again you to confirm the dimensions look correct. I might possibly do a patio area infront of the terrace to start off and see what the rest looks like after that. I could always do a bit at a time. I don`t like the gravel idea although cheaper as its just inpracticle and like a giant litter tray for stray cats !!

Ebru at Homefront doing a great job of sorting my furniture out inc. curtains. They have a good web site and you can email images of any items that you want specially making. The costs don`t seem that bad either.

Loads of great comments about them on here if anybody interested.

leethemille

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 255 in Discussion

Scooby in reply to your message re parking. the plans that we saw there was parking in between some of the blocks (definately between G & H blocks). looking at the top soil that has been put down that isn't going to be the case so I too am interested about parking.

John can you shed any light on this?

Lee

Portakal

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Jo,

Thanks ever so much for the advice about Extend. We are also considering 3G but was worried about the connection speed. Are you happy with it? We need to be able to work from there every now and again so we need something that can cope with two machines on-line for most of the day.

Pogle

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 255 in Discussion

http://northcyprusapartments.groups.live.com/

Click on the link above, section prepared for Citrus Gardens. Will also be sections for other sites so we can all share information. You can post pics.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Portakal I have to be honest and say I am not very technically minded but the speed seems to be fine for me. Then again I am just browsing but no problems with pictures or anything. I also have a big line of trees in my garden so I don't know whether this has a bearing on things. What I will say is I have a better service with 3G than with Extend and so far I have had no down time. It might be worth your while posting a new thread asking for general info on internet providers in the Karsiyaka area.

Also Club Simena has an open Extend network so you may be lucky enought to pick it up from your apartment!

Also, forgot to say that the beauty of the 3G dongle is that you can still use the internet even when there is a powercut as long as you have battery power.

Portakal

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Jo. You are right about Simena! We took our laptop up to our roof terrace and did manage to connect to the internet but it wasn't particularly fast but was good enough to check a few emails With the 3G you can also buy a cable to extend the signal strength by dangling it outside (which is good if you have thick concrete walls and shutters like most houses in Cyprus). Thanks for the advice and we will look into it some more.

Concept2

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 255 in Discussion

John,

Yes i agree please confirm what is happening about site parking and the site perimeter behind our apartments. I have already raised my concerns about the hedging and that it completely useless to me

with 2 small kids but have just thought about the back of the apartment and cars and tresspasses ??.

The security to me of the complete site has been down graded massively without the wall boundaries especially at the backs of the apartments if hedging is planted there aswell. At the moment there is no

division between the car-parking and the gardens. Very dangerous !!. Any body can wonder into our site and at least the walls as previous Sante Fe developments acted as a security divison.

Please confirm

Concept2

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 255 in Discussion

Is anybody in C2 ground floor ? and B2 ground floor ?

joandjelly

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 255 in Discussion

Do any of your contracts state that there should be stone wall boundaries? If so, then you should speak to SF because the hedge they have planted costs 1TL per plant. Rather less than the cost of a stone wall. Also, I have a feeling that behind block B you can walk straight across a piece of open land to the main road. I will try and check later and let you know.

Woott

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 255 in Discussion

Ragarding the boundary issue,

A single page of my contract gives a bullet point list of what is included with a Type S Ground floor apartment on Citrus Gardens. It clearly states that the Garden wall is to be constructed of Sandstone with Iron gates.

This has been stamped by Santa fe, and counter signed by them as well as initialled by myself.

I have issued an email to Santa fe, but have not yet received a reply. Does anyone know who our main contact is now for this?

The security of the site as it will be with that pathetic looking hedging is unacceptable as far as I am concerned.

Woott

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 255 in Discussion

Hi John,

I would like some internals of H2 when you have the time please.

Could you also take a picture of my garden, so I can get an idea of scale.

Thanks

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 255 in Discussion

hello all, the wall issue, this is not new to me and it is a cost saving measure no doubt. Please consider the situation here..whilst im not defending SF cos its hard to do that!!! they are still trading.. unlike many others here..also the same arguments surround the compensation issue....if they paid everyone who was contractually due then they would go out of business overnight...and many of the customers would be left with foundations..or at best unfinished sites....I know SF will not construct walls...its simply a matter of finance....hard to swallow but thats the situation ive seen so many times....

The contract situation here has been discussed ad infinitum they are a waste of paper..they mean nothing..what good are they..etc..im sure you ev heard this too....yet they are used in court and if the contract says a wall should have been there in detail then you would i suspect win the case...now what..... a wall may be built ..eventually....this is my best guess....hope it helps.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 255 in Discussion

Following on ...another argument is the illustrations you have probably dont show railings or indeed in some cases pergolas yet they are included ....free...yes i know it would be expected anyway ...but you cant make assumptions here...i have the t shirt ..i have a property and ..well there are bits missing...for illustration only sir.....

Internals for H2..ok ....B1...ok...

main contact in SF is Borak for snagging....construction issues... Belgin for finance.......Umit for everything else...they do have a staffing problem at the mo so comms will be difficult....i know some will not like what ive said ..im just trying to be realistic in respect of your expectations...the apartments I would say are good, the site will be great it will take time and you will have to compromise....but im fairly sure at the end of the day you will be pleased....j

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 255 in Discussion

Site parking...talking to Celal there will be a main car park, some car parking in between some of the apartments, im going to the site tomoz for a better look and appreciation of the situation....

leethemille

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks John as always. Does everyone want to continue the conversations on here, a public forum or on the new site that Pogle has set up. i have joined that and will be happy to do whatever anyone else wants to do. Looking at the new one we can post photos on there anyway.

Please advise everyones thoughts.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 255 in Discussion

all roofs have four solar panels...lol...very effective too.the water now is extremely hot!!!!!...in fact be careful with children....j

Concept2

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 255 in Discussion

I am glad somebody else is not at all happy with the hedging as opposed to the stone wall. Umit emailed me today and stated that the pergolas and the railings were not standard items but they were providing them free ?!!

I have checked on my contract and the pergola is shown in the contract although the railings are not. The cost for the railings i have been told cost is £20 a linear metre. No comparison really. I have friends also on another site who are not happy either with the hedges. WHO IS GOING TO WATER THE HEDGES. ? THEY WILL BE DEAD WITHIN MONTHS IF NOT. A compromise is railings but i think the wall is required to the complete site perimeter at least. Its nice to now how contrats are worthless.

I am happy to waiver the penalty costs we are owed for the major delay in the completion but really need a

secure perimeter to my garden.

Concept2

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Jo also appreciate your help

Woott

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 255 in Discussion

Agreed on the site perimeter issue. At the very least we need a clearly marked, WALLED boundary line. I am personally feeling more and more shafted with the compromise Bulls**t. I feel that we have ALL compromised plenty enough already in waiting for the site to be finished, being told we will receive NO compensation, and the only responses I feel we are getting are "Well at least the site will get built", cheers, but right from the start I expected that the site would be finished when we have all contributed between £45,000 and £65,000 to have it built in the 1st place. There seems to be a hell of a lot of compromising going on and its US thats doing it all. Where is the compromise on the part of Santa fe?????????????? A question I feel I will never get and answer to.............I don't have any children, but for those of you that do, surely a garden boundary of stone is a minimum requirement, and a site boundary made of something other than hedging has got to be a provided.........

Woott

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 255 in Discussion

Apologies if anyone disagrees with what I have just written, but those are my feelings, and I don't think I am alone when it comes to feeling dis-satisfied with how certain things have turned out since I purchased off plan in September 2006.

Concept2

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 255 in Discussion

Woott,

Please make sure you forward this direct to sante Fe. Can give you Buraks and Umits email address if you need them as i completely agree and keep going on about it but nobody is listening.

Does anybody else agree with us about this ?? If so can we all raise our concerns direct to Sante Fe.

Woott

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Concept2

Let me have those email addresses. I am however under no illusion that either my emails will be ignored by Santa Fe due to "Staff issues" or I will receive the same crap I always do about costings and "at least you have a completed property, so be happy with that", same crap, different day. I just feel that now there are so many of us on the forum, and there is input from Celal via John (this is nothing against you by the way john, you are doing an incredible job of keeping us informed and I commend you for that) that it is a discussion worth having...... Do we really want the site so exposed and open that anyone can wander in by mistake, take a stroll straight through all our gardens, and not really realise that they are on any ones private property.............I don't. As as above neither does Concept2 (purchaser of B1), and I think I remember Scrooby having something to say about this (purchaser of H1, my neighbour). Does anyone else on a ground floor wanna say owt?

Concept2

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 255 in Discussion

bay@santafe-construction.com- Burak Ay

umit@santafe-construction.com

bel@santafe-construction.com- Belgin Ali ??

I have had replies from Burak and Umit. Let me know your outcome. Have friends on Edmerit Heights also having the same argument.

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 255 in Discussion

I am buying a 1st floor so the garden issue doesn't apply to me but I know where you are coming from as we were initially going for a ground floor one. I agree with a boundary though. If not a wall at least a fence should be erected.

John have you any influence on this now.

Lee

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 255 in Discussion

Sorry John, don't mean to put on you but do you think there is any scope of some sort of boundary fence just to mark out the site???

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 255 in Discussion

goodmorning, having read the feedback...not unexpected and i havent taken it personnaly..the arguments, as i thought are well known....dont worry i put my safety helmet on for the flak....im on site with celal today and will express your concerns...your right e hts has same dilemas....ill suggest a word with umit......ill contact lee off board about this...

il take some pics of the perimeter so you can discuss with some idea of your surroundings....

plants are watered by the maintenance co...ive taken some pics of the cove which has green walls...ill send to lee later ...john

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks John as always.

To everyone else on here I think we need to thanking the likes of John who I feel is working on our behalf. He understands what people are feeling but also knows the situation in TRNC better than us as he lives there.

Also thanks again to Jo. Your totally impartial views are extremely helpful. Look forward to a beer with you!

Lee

Concept2

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 255 in Discussion

I have been emailing John direct and he has been fantastic and i have told him so. Its great to have some eyes and ears acting on our behalf.

See what you can do John for us !! really appreciate it TA

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 255 in Discussion

John has just sent me some photos of the car parking situation and perimeter fencing along with this message:

the perimiter will be secured with new fencing, existing fencing (some repairs required) and well established green fence. Main parking will be behind b c n d blocks, room for about 4 maybe 6 cars between g n h block...The pics say it all..hope they are ok...more t follow..oh thats my leader..Celal...j

I have uploaded the photos to the photobox site. I have also asked him about when the road should be finished although you can see from the photos it has started.

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 255 in Discussion

hey steady with the compliments we arnt there yet...lol..but it is appreciated.....indirectly its you who pay my salary i dont forget that!!!..and i want Celal to do a good job..there's so many probs out here its nice to see one that has a good chance of success....communication is vital here...I DO KNOW whats it like being 2500 miles away, scary programmes on the tele.....doom and gloom merchants at home..no doubt who told you so...no answer to your e mails unless its about how much you owe etc....putting that all aside .i really think you will all be pleased...just hold your nerve..ill always help where i can....can i stress before you come out .....lets us know and Celal and i will meet you on site...as you can see the site is changing daily....generally its too soon for wg s or air cons...they can both be installed fairly quickly...leave that until later..keep your focus on the apartments sorry if im telling you how to suck eggs....but you know what i mean...j

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 255 in Discussion

Question from lee re 2nd fix, they started last week, celal has just purchased a considerable amount of goods for that.....the plants are self sufficient after a month or so watering.....on the subject of water and plants...we have planted some fruit trees and olive trees...we should not plant any more....you should consider what you want..its your site....October best time to plant out...dont even consider grass...ground cover plants advisable, some p-aving mixed in with some membrane and gravel...i know you have budding garden designers out there..fill your boots as they say.........you may wish to consider a well on the site!!....there is so much greenery around i guess there is a good chance of water...it could save you a fortune...another one for the communal fund perhaps...john

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 255 in Discussion

as a security measure how about some external lights attached to PIrs...they will detect most movements ..of course you can set them above animal height.....just a thought...j

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 255 in Discussion

Sounds like a great idea John. Something else I forgot to ask, what lighting is on the roof terraces? I was told verbally that it would be same as other sites where lights are mounted on the pillars.

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 255 in Discussion

ive seen some lighting attached to the walls and others on the pillars.....ill find out....if walls its a simple job to put on pillars.......but if its in the electric plan ie fixed to walls you have to wait until kibtek say the site is ok...then you can change...check the mail ive just sent re title deed problems in the south...shocking...j

gumdrops

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 255 in Discussion

We were made aware of the wall matter when we visited in December I believe Edramit Heights has the same hedging as what is proposed here. Not ideal I feel we were all saw the same glossy and as such assumed (always a big mistake) that we were purchasing the same. How much are we looking at for walls John. Given that we have purchased a ground floor appartment we would be happier with stones as opposed to trees. May be SF need to sell one of their rather large BMWs to fund the build.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 255 in Discussion

my advice is wait until you ve been out and had a good look at the place not just the site but the location how it all fits together etc...walling can be done but it is expensive.. remember your community fund perhaps at a later stage you may wish to embark on such a project....please wait until you ve seen the place...there is a place call cypru cove..when it was completed it was a desolate looking place..there was hell on... everyone wanted grass etc..an instant development....now 2 yrs later and no grass the place is stunning.....yes there are walls..my point is please wait...the hedging at edremit heights is about 6 inches tall and like mini fir trees...not at all like what you have on your site....the plants are about 3-4 ft tall..im told they will expand quickly...im not visiting the site for a couple of days now going to E heights and Olive grove...OG are using membrane and gravel ..i prefer ground cover plants..i know you have a closet garden designer with you...cmon own up..j

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 255 in Discussion

the cove had same concerns and they were smaller..now they look really nice....i say again wait before you start spending your hard earned money...theres enough people out here who would delight in you doing just that....

Im off home now gnight...

john

scooby

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 255 in Discussion

I hate to say it, but I think moaning about the stone walls will get us nowhere. I was one of the first to mention it on this forum and felt ripped off then. Having read alot of horror stories and watching that Tonight programme last week I feel quite fortunate now.

I had a good moan about the cost of electricity connection, and it does help getting things off your chest. I'm guna try and be positive matt, not negative nick.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 255 in Discussion

ah a convert...lol..its does u good to get it off your chest its a process we ev all been through and come out the other side..this is a lovely country and u have a toe hold here....good luck ...j

Concept2

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 255 in Discussion

Gumdrops- which apartment is yours ??

Portakal

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 255 in Discussion

We drove around Cyprus Cove and I must say Citrus Gardens is a much nicer site (ok I am biased) but both the layout and location are much better. Our first house in the UK was a new build and it took about 3 years for the hedges and trees to take shape and it did look pretty desolate for a while (particularly in the garden where the builders had erected 3 ft fences which meant we had little or no privacy so I do understand how people feel with the ground floor apartment situation.

Ok I have been outed, I have done a few years of garden design at college so I would be happy to advise on suitable plants and dry gardens (although I am not out there full time and there are people doing it for a living!) but if anyone needs any advice please ask.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 255 in Discussion

I have a big garden can you help me....pllleeeaaassseee...john

joandjelly

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 17:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Guys I too think you will be wasting your time trying to get SF to build you stone walls. They are very expensive. Perhaps as a compromise (considering you were supposed to be getting them and bearing in mind they should have been costed in the overall price of your apartment) you could suggest that chain link fencing is put around each plot and then you will have some security (especially to keep the kids in) and also once the heding has matured you won't see the fence. This is what we have in our garden and it is almost invisible now. As far as I know it is fairly cheap to do. If SF still will not do that then it is something that Tolga can do (sorry to keep banging on about him but he is your neighbour!)

Changing the subject slightly I applied to join the new group but haven't heard anything yet. Is there a problem with me joining Pogle?

Pogle

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Joan and Jelly!

Not at all your posts are invaluable. I will get your email address and invite you!

Pogle

leethemille

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Jo

Has the road moved on any more in the last couple of days?

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 255 in Discussion

hi all...please wait until you get there...any works as suggested will not be carried out until the site is completed.......im out at the weekend on site.... ill update you on sunday......john

gumdrops

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Concept 2

Our Appartment is D2,

leethemille

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 255 in Discussion

Don't forget people i am compiling the list of owners so send me your details and I will add you if you haven't already done so.

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 255 in Discussion

Goodmorning, went to site yesterday have taken pics of the road, progressing very well, 2 nd fixing continues, soild spread around the communal areas...iive sent pics to lee....anyone reading this ....if i havent sent you your pics yet please give me a nudge...Lee has my e mail....john

Woott

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 255 in Discussion

Good Morning John,

Have you had the chance to take H2 internals and garden area pictures for me yet?

Thanks

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 255 in Discussion

hello woot, took some of G2 sorry my mistake...will take tomoz and send...ive sent some site pics to lee this morning....the road should be around your way in next couple of days!!!!...john

joandjelly

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 255 in Discussion

Just to confirm that they are laying the block paving for the road behind blocks B, C and D at the moment. I'm certainly no expert on block paving but all they seem to have done is spread some gravel on top of the soil surface and they are laying the blocks on top of that. Is this normal?

Woott

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks John,

I look forward to seeing some pictures of my garden size.......

Can you also check on the blocking paving question raised by Jo as I would be interested to know if that is the right approach to laying block paving. Doesn't sound right to me!

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 255 in Discussion

the block paving, no we dont simply drop the bricks on a bit o gravel..thats isnt right...the process emploted.........the road surface is cleaned of soft soil then the harder surface is compressed a number of times until it is solid. A layer of hard sand is laid, then levelled and bricks are laid. Then a vibrator is taken over the bricks to ensure they are solid, then we cover with special very dry sand which again is compressed and more sand is laid across the bricks to ensure we take up all the gaps to prevent lateral movement ..........your quite right to query such... but please dont try to offer comments, snagg the site or the apartments before they are completed...its a common occurance but such only leads to fear and doubt about the site...

john

leethemille

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 255 in Discussion

Sorry people been out all day at a football gala. Will put pictures on tomorrow when I get chance. Site looking great now though John.

John was the photo of the 2nd fix from my apartment?

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 255 in Discussion

Hello lee, no they were in the apartment next to yours...the elec is working along your block..im there today will call in and take pic...

john..yes i do work sundays!!!!..lol..

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 255 in Discussion

all the gardens are big id be surprised if many uk gardens are bigger...lol.....need to consider a dry garden ..(not my words, but good advice...)...

for your info..im asked how is it going here re property sales...i know sf are still having buyers and recently there was an auction of properties..ive been told (the rumour mill again.)......they were bought by russians, swedes and iranians...caused quite a stir and made for great conversations over and effes....lol....

john

leethemille

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 255 in Discussion

Album updated on photobox people. Sorry for delay but if any more come through will get them on straight away.

leethemille

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 255 in Discussion

Hi John

Thanks for the updates. Have the railings been done yet? Also did you find out about lighting on the roof terraces.

Finally when is the pool being tiled?

Cheers as always

Lee

Pogle

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 255 in Discussion

You guys are so lucky to have John Snowball and Joandjelly reporting/ providing you with information almost daily. We were totally in the dark back in the UK when we bought our place, which was very frustrating at the time.

scooby

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 255 in Discussion

We really do appreciate it. Thanks again. Think I would have alot of sleepless nights without these progress updates.

Cheers

leethemille

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 255 in Discussion

Agreed Scooby. Like I have said on many occasions I think we all owe a few beers when we are out there in the sun!!!

Concept2

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 255 in Discussion

John,

Would still like some general internal pics please when possible when its empty. Ta

Keep up the good work its looking really great !!

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 08:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 255 in Discussion

hello, pics taken sending shortly...road is progressing now up to F block, internal communal area now sealed off...2nd fix continues..only two blocks that dont have iron work fixed yet G n H..shouldnt be long though...internals H2 and D2..on their way.....july still looking good!!...john

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 08:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 255 in Discussion

hello concept..wil take yours this afternoon sorry for the delay..quite a few requests recently from other sites too...getting my p n q mixed up...lol....thaksk for your patience..i know whats its like being 2.5k miles away......got numerous multi coloured t shirts .....same as pogle!!!!.....john

leethemille

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 10:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 255 in Discussion

I will post the photos of the site this morning when I get into work. Once again thanks John. I just find it frustrating that mine is one of those without ironworks and 2nd fix. I thought they would have concentrated on those that are sold.

Any idea when they are tiling the pool. Will that be after the road and car park are done?

Lee

leethemille

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 255 in Discussion

Photos uploaded. Invites resent

Concept2

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks for the photos Lee.

John, Will the shallow section of the pool be sectioned off from the main pool or does it just flow into

one.

leethemille

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 255 in Discussion

I think Concept it will just flow into one. It isn't really big enough to section off.

Concept2

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 255 in Discussion

The pool on The Pines has been walled off and it is only the same size I think.

I suppose the wall would be built already if this was the case.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 255 in Discussion

Its one big pool...from my experience here the shallow end is well used by the little people....dont get wound up about the iron works....he told me those that are purcahsed would be first....sounded like a good idea at the time.....seems this was wrong....ill ask celal about it.......dont worry they will be fitted long before you get here......pool tiling i dont know ive already asked him he said not yet..prob one of the last jobs...dont want the grouting in the sun to long .....best left the way it is....

john

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 255 in Discussion

woot got your pics....john

leethemille

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 255 in Discussion

Cheers John. You must be getting really fed up of us by now!!!!

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 255 in Discussion

nah....lol.....er ..yes...lol...i can see your all putting in a great effort i do understand.....ill keep you updated as best i can......i do have other sites on the maintenance side as well.....keep up your good work...not forgetting all others on here too.....

(thanks for mailing dave)

john

gumdrops

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Lee,

thanks for pic's

gumdrops

Portakal

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks for the photos Lee and John for the updates

leethemille

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 255 in Discussion

No problem. Glad to help

Lee

leethemille

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all

I asked John about electricity and water registration etc. He can't get on here at the moment but this was his reply:

Electric...It will probably be builders electric to start with. I think SF will charge standard rates until mains supplied.

Electric..The process

The transformer house is built and the transformer is installed and coonetc to the site. Ther site is then examined by a compay caled Just Ltd. Whoi will verify that the electrics are safe. The Kibtek, the electric compnay sedn their men to check the circuits in accordance with the electric plans. Once they say yes..usually about 2 days later then you go to the office with your paspost and a stamped copy of your contract. There you will pay a further 400 tl as a deposit incase you dont ay your bill!!!.....its as simple as that..of course there will be the obligator tour of the ofice and it wil take you about an hour.

Contd

leethemille

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 255 in Discussion

Contd from above:

Water...the process...when you come here in August i doubt mains water will be installed it will be tankered for a few weeks/months (10 tl per ton..your outside tank holds 2 ton) i guess until the water meters are installed. Once they are in place includuing the covers..each meter is now housed in a steel container then you go to the belidere (LA) with again a signed copy of your contract and passport. You will be charged a year up front community charge based on the square area of your property..i would guess 100tl for an apartment. This is for the collection of waste and supply of water. Each month you will get a bill for the water you use. Its quite cheap up to 20 tons each month...eg 2 tl per ton bit more expensive after that.

Both the above have standing charges,,.....not a lot.....to pay your bill i undertand you can credit your account....or have a S.O. ..this may change again so beware..

Woott

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks for the pics of the internals of H2 John.

I know I keep going on about it, but have the hedging been planted on the G and H block gardens yet, and if so can I have a single picture of the garden taken from the H2 terrace, Sorry to ask, I know you are busy, but none of the pictures I have seen so far give any indication of the perimeter line of the H block gardens.

Thanks

Woott

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 255 in Discussion

Lee,

Regarding the issue of taking the contract and the Passport in person to get things moving.

I very much doubt that I will be getting over to Cyprus within this year.

Did john mention alternatives. i.e Can I not ask someone else to go in my place to get things sorted?

If you read this first John, could you please advise?

Concept2

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 01:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 255 in Discussion

John,

Would still like some internal pics of B1. Sorry !.

We could do with putting a list together of all extra costs and possible estimates of how much things are including taxes. Anybody up for it that might know what there on about ?. And also what we have about them

like the electric and water above from Lee. It would help us all to be able to tick each one off as it is sorted.

We will all be each responsible for snagging our individual apartments but who will snag the surrounding site ??.

I don`t know what people are planning to do about bank accounts but the HSBC over there is connected

to ours although we were told differently while we were there. You can transfer money thro` internet banking.

You need to make an appointment to open an account if possible before you get there. Somebody from

Sante Fe made us an appointment but at the time they were opening no more accounts. Probably cause

all the British are making the most of the interest rate.

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 255 in Discussion

Just to update you John is having problems getting on Cyprus44 so will not have seen your messages yet.

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 255 in Discussion

Woott mes 84

My understanding is that it doesn't really matter when you do it. I don't think mains water and electric will be on for a couple of months anyway. You then just go when you are in TRNC and register it to your name. I assume that until that point it will be in Sante Fe's name???? John when you are able or Jo could you please clarify.

Lee

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 255 in Discussion

Concept2 mssg 85.

I was told the 'extras' that I would have to pay on completion would total about £7000. I think it may end up being a little more!

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 255 in Discussion

Again my understanding is that alot of the taxes aren't paid until you get the deeds in your name which takes around 1-2 years after completion.

John/Jo can you help on this

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 255 in Discussion

Concept mssg 85

I posted on here about banks

here is the link

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/17161.asp

you will need to copy and paste into your browser

Lee

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 255 in Discussion

Gumdrops and woott, if you email me your names email addresses and contact numbers I will add them to the owners list I have complied and email to you when completed. That way you know your neighbours and should we all need to discuss anything we have contact details for everyone.

lcardwell@mortgagetalk.co.uk

Cheers

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 255 in Discussion

hello all, ive struggled to get on here..anyway..im here now..lol..the water tanks are being installed and pumps connected, the governmnet were out with bulut and celal discussing their roads...you dont have to bring your contract..use the solicitors it should be signed etc...the electricity is a way off yet i wouldnt worry about that...the planting s have not reached g or h ...taxes... yes when you receive your perm to purchase you pay then to receive your title deeds...you have probably paid for the electric and water connections...meters etc.(these may be includided in your extras)..the next bill....(its never ending at first)willbe the deposit for elect...yearly water supply and rubbish collection thereafter monthly water and electric bills..you have to register the meters yourself..but no rush as long as your not using the builders electric oh lee the rails are not fitted yet and there arent any lights on top of walls just a light above the sink/bbq..easily done later of you wi

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 255 in Discussion

you will be advised to snagg your apt soon ...it may be better to employ someone here..it can be a tad expensive but still cheaper than coming out unless of course you intend to look at furnishings..again there are people out here who can provide a std package etc....you...does your solicitor have power of attorney may be worth your while when it comes to having deeds in your name...he/she can do it for you..all you do is pay!!!!...from what ive seen nothing major in any of them...they will receive a builders clean which isnt too bad but as usual one of the first things new owners do is.....domestos and scrub...everything...lol..if you have marble... only use water!!!..oh and go easy with the drains...try to avoid putting bleach down them......try a pot of yoghurt...yes yoghurt!!!..remember your in cyprus and things are different here...shouting doesnt usually get you anywhere..patience and understanding are the order of the day..in every transaction...

Consider a water cooler...ess

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 255 in Discussion

I have emailed my solicitor and he has advised me to book an appointment with him when I go out in August. Just got to call him when I get there and arrange appointment

John

Are you in contact with all the purchasers or just the ones on here? If it is with all would you pass my details on to them to see if they want to be added to the owners list I am compiling. It might be worth me giving you a copy as well if Home Doctor are doing the mainainance.

Lee

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 255 in Discussion

I have told the missus we ought to get a water cooler. I have seen on here that you can get them for around 80-100 YTL and as I understand the water is quite cheap for them as well. Got to be cheaper than buying the old 2 litre bottles and putting them in fridge.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 255 in Discussion

hi yes ill do that...yes we will be doing the maintenance for the first 12 months and the you can choose if we dont perform...(dont worry we will!!!)..

we also have a pound shop!!!!!..well a 4tl shop...all sort of bits and bobs..id seriously consider a stand up fan..cheaper than air con...or even a ceiling fan (later)...all your kitchen stuff and for the diy tools..very cheap..i suggest you purchase a screwdriver, pliers, hammer, stanley knife...

o my visit to the site took pics...wrong settings on my camera...(id loaned it out!!!)..so pics too big..dopnt have software to reduce onmy comp..sorry..but imback in a week and i hope to show you all some improvements..OH AND U NEED TO MAKE A WILL....your sol will advise and of course charge!!! one last thing dont ask for any changes yet...we wont do them....we want to complete...cu in a week any urgent lee has my mail..john

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 255 in Discussion

Have I got this right then, we pay no transfer tax until we get ptp? What about vat/kdv?

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 255 in Discussion

Where is the shop John?

Lee

Concept2

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 255 in Discussion

Lee,

I have email addresses for 2 other people who are not on here yet. I will check they are go with

adding them to the list and will forward you their details.

Concept2

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 255 in Discussion

John and Mel P,

How much do you charge for snagging please as i don`t know when i will be able to get there ?

John, If the snagging is carried out by somebody else on my behalf and i find something else when i

get there will it be done ??

Either reply to this or email me direct lyndsey.bennett@hotmail.com

Lyndsey

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 255 in Discussion

Cheers Lyndsey. the more on the list the better. It will be very useful when it comes to deciding on things.

Lee

joandjelly

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Guys I haven't been able to get on Cyp44 for a couple of days so haven't answered your questions.

I'm afraid I disagree completely with John when he says don't worry about the electricity. By law, a developer is supposed to put in services (e.g. electric and water) when build commences. Builders electric is nearly 3 times the price of standard electric and in my experience causes problems when lots of people are in residence due to lack of voltage. Will it be enough to run the pool and air con sufficiently for example.

Mains water - again, why has this not already been done bearing in mind the site has been under contract since 2006. You do not have to pay for mains water and rubbish collection a year in advance, it is billed monthly. The standing charge for water is 15TL including the first 10 tons of use. There is also a charge for rubbish collection, street lighting, mozzie spraying etc. Some things are charged every other month so your bill will be approx 35TL every month.

co

joandjelly

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 255 in Discussion

Taxes etc - VAT is payable on taking possession of the property and is 5% of your contract price. Transfer tax (6% or 3% for one time only) is payable on transfer of title deeds. This could be years away depending on how long it takes to get your PTP.

Water cooler - I've just bought one from Electrokur by the main roundabout in Kyrenia for 180TL. This was a lot cheaper than other places. The 19ltr bottles of water cost about 4TL and there are a number of companies that will deliver it to you or you can pick them up from Hos Bes, the nearest shop.

Mr Pound (the 4TL shop) is on the main road heading in to Kyrenia on the left hand side just before the big roundabout.

Definitely invest in a floor standing fan or better still a ceiling fan.

The non-tiling of the pool is a bit of a cop out at this late stage as it will take time for it to be ready to be checked for leaks and then commissioned. I would be pressing for this to be done asap if you are hoping to use the pool this summer.

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 255 in Discussion

If there is no mains water how many tankers will it take to fill the pool? If there are leaks is that a few tankers-full gone to waste?

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 255 in Discussion

btw jo, thanks for the info!

leethemille

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 255 in Discussion

Jo any idea how much electric we are looking at per month. I know this depends on usage.

Lee

scooby

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Jo,

Regarding message 103. I have paper-work that states that " VAT is not payable on the first sale". Can you or anyone else please confirm this, as this would be great news.

Pogle

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 255 in Discussion

Water for the pool.

It is illegal to use mains water for the pool. All pool water should be tankered in unless you have a well on site. The constructor usually fills it first time.

You should also budget for a "kitty fund" to your Facilities Management co on top of their fee, this covers:

Communal lighting ( stairwells and communal areas)

Water for the pool (top ups required due to evaporation etc)

We pay approx £200-£300 per year at Lapta Pines but we have a large grassed area.

Your FM co should account for all these costs.

Do not use mains water to water your garden.

Owners at the Pines were fined last year ( £250) and had meters removed, choose a garden with plants that don't need much water/ no plants.

Lapta Pines - Electric Standing charge £6 per month, yours should be the same.

IMT immovable property tax approx £45 per year, added to the water bill in Lapta in April/ May

scooby

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 255 in Discussion

Lee

We are planning to go over the last week in August / last week Sept. Booked time off work so see you there.

I will be buying Jo and John a few drinks also, so they will be getting trollied!!

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 255 in Discussion

Scooby, I will be there for the whole of September, inshallah!

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 255 in Discussion

hi all....the electric and water will be as ive suggested..yes i know what the law says and indeed whats in many conracts ie wall......sadly the reality is it just doesnt happen and i work for the contractor...initially water will be tankered in 10tl per ton...and electricity will more than likely be charged at an average rate for the area..not builders electric rate..at least that is what sf have done elswhere. This info is from my experience of over 12 sites upwards of 350 properties....

Ive sent lee a copy of my 12 monthly bill from the als. belidere....ive either paid for community charge or been ripped of..i think the latter...pool tiling will come..we do not want to tile the pool yet.. if we maintain our rate of work the pool should be up and running in july august..the site is progressing quite well ...

im trying to bring a degree of reality to this subject..if you make demands there is a chance you will be dissapointed...be patient its almost there..john

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 00:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 255 in Discussion

lee your second fix almost completed, no lights on walls just light above the sink....ptp ....they are coming through quicker now...simple process to obtain your title deeds...sf will do it for you and if soliciotr has power of attorney you dont even need to be here...worth considering. Oh you will need a will too...yes solicitor will do that..of course at a charge..if your initial snagging fails to find a problem then of course Celal will put it right..eg latent water leaks......drains etc....which does happen...

i see water has reaised its head...as i said earlier perhaps you might think about a well for next year..dont try to do everythig at once. i see pogle mentioned a deposit account thats your money to develop the site and pay for consumables......as pogle described....could be around 100 stg.....if its more we would ask... im in uk for a week ill give you an update as i find out.... im still in contact with celal...

joandjelly

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 255 in Discussion

Not sure what you mean about electricity being charged at an average rate for the area. Standard rate electric is approx 0.30TL per unit for the first 250 units. Builders electric rate is 0.79TL per unit for each and every unit. My average electric bill on builders rate is 250TL per month and we make every effort to minimise our usage although we do have a pool.

Lee re your message 107 I have no idea what this means as I believe VAT is payable on all new properties.

John I don't think you've been ripped off but Alsancak probably do things differently from Lapta. I believe Lapta charge their community charge in two instalments in April and September. I'm not sure what the charge is as we have only just been taken over by Lapta Belediye. Previously we paid 150TL to the Karsiyaka Muhtar and this included rubbish collection etc so not sure of the situation in Lapta.

leethemille

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 255 in Discussion

Cheers Jo and John, although Jo it was Scooby on message 105 not me LOL. I have checked with solicitor and 5% VAT is due on completion and the 3% registry charge is due when the transfer of title is completed which I am told will be a while yet.

Hate to be a pain Jo but we have been spoilt lately by John working on site. If you get chance can you get any photos for us. I understand if you are busy.

Lee

gumdrops

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 255 in Discussion

hi lee

did you get my email?

gumdrops

leethemille

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 255 in Discussion

When did you send it Gumdrops?

scooby

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 255 in Discussion

It was my daft question number 107. Sorry. I've also checked on VAT and will have to cough up some more cash. Can we have a well with money it please, lots of it. Lol.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 255 in Discussion

hi all well im in the uk...hhhmm..looking forward to going back already ..says it all...lol....on the electric front sf looked at average charge in a development this was for a villa...they asked what the avergae bill was for meterd elec settled at 150 tl a month...the owners acted responsibly it must be said.....and others on SF developments have not paid anything...yet!!!!...anyway i hope sf play fair..im sure they will in that respect..one good thing it will encourage them to get on with it if they are paying builders and only receiving avergae for the area...,,,12 months for alsancak...yes that may be the case for lapta 2 x payments......they are like mini kingdoms....lol...do what they like...anyway im back in a week...im hoping tosee some good progress....john

Concept2

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 255 in Discussion

I prosume we will only pay for electric we use even when we are on a temporary supply. ? and we won`t all

be charged an amount every month. As I make it out for a week this year but that would be it ?

Please confirm John.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 255 in Discussion

hello, i think the only fair way to do it would be to levey a weekly charge....but it may bet hat there is no charge at all if mains is connected quickly..ill have a word with umit when i get back...nextweek ..il respond from the horses mouth as they say...its bloomin freeezing here..lol..

john

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 255 in Discussion

John, hope you have more luck getting a response from Umit/Bel/Buruk than I have!

leethemille

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 12:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 255 in Discussion

Johns advantage is he can just nip into the office. Bit far for us to go LOL.

This is quite warm for here John, you have been spoilt out there

Lee

Concept2

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 255 in Discussion

What is everybody doing about snagging their apartments. Are they doing it themselves when they visit

or trusting John/ Mel to do it for them ?

Concept2

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 255 in Discussion

What is everybody doing about snagging their apartments. Are they doing it themselves when they visit

or trusting John/ Mel to do it for them ?

leethemille

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 255 in Discussion

I am trusting John to do mine. As I said in an earlier post what has he/home doctor got to gain by not doing it properly. They are wanting the maintainance contract so need to keep us on side really.

I have been in touch with Mel today about insurance for the apartment and it works out about £100 per year. She has emailed me a copy of the policy. Her advice is to try and get people in blocks to be with same company due to conflict on costs etc if anything happens to block.

I am also using Mel to have locks changed after completion and to have a safe fitted. This is the email she sent me but i have taken out her bank details:Hi Lee

We can do the insurance for you with immediate cover from when payment is received. Obviously it would be better to have the funds out here but to save you on transfer you can pay into my UK account

leethemille

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 255 in Discussion

contd

If you are not making a final payment till you get here we can arrange all three items when you are here. The insurance is coverted to £ depending on the days exchange rate on the day it is taken out. I would advise you to tell your other owners to get insured as in the event of a total loss the block cannot be rebuilt unless all are insured. This co do block policies which cover buildings, contents and common parts. Problems arise if you are all with different insurance cos, over the common parts. If you want to collect for all those on your site interested and have them pay you in the UK, you can then pay us after 17 Aug and we can arrange their policies. Alternatively you can give me names and apt numbers all in one go and make an international transfer direct to the insurance co. Policies are then emailed to owners.

leethemille

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 255 in Discussion

contd

Obviously there is no gain in this for us ( you just pay the policy amount) so we would appreciate it if it is as simple as possible if there are multiple requests.

Best regards

mel

Anyone want any more info let me know.

Lee

Pogle

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 255 in Discussion

Snagging on Citrus Gardens

If you are nervous about the snagging of your apartment it would be better do wait and do it yourself when you visit.Alternatively, there is a chap here who produces a full structural survey and 15 page report. I can provide his details or search " snagging" on this site.

The 2 folk mentioned re snagging on CG both previously worked for Santa Fe and both are highly qualified to do this task. Both have excellent relationships with Celal who is your subcontractor and built your site and are more likely to get the snagging actually completed within a reasonable timescale.

The snagging on apartments next week will be done with a temp builders supply of electric at best and tankered water, if available. This can give an indication of problems but only when the apartment is "fully loaded" do other items pop up. In my experience on other sites, and your neighbours, mostly Merryweathers, will vouch for the fact that Celal responds quickly and resolves these issue

leethemille

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 255 in Discussion

Hi again. Alot of people on other posts have said about how expensive it is to run the air conditioning especially if you are renting it out. There is a company in the south who will fit the hotel style fobs that prevent people leaving it on when they are not in the room. I think I will have this done but as he is coming from the south he has asked if anyone else wants it doing as well at the same time. Have a look at the website below. People who have had this estimate they save the money back in 6-8 weeks.

http://www.air-con-omy.com

Lee

Portakal

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Lee, this is really useful information. I was looking into insurance policies so I will contact Mel (have I missed her contact details somewhere?). Scooby and Woott, you are both in H block so would you be interested in contacting Mel too? I am not sure if the owner of H4 is a member of this forum or if the apartment has been actually sold.

John, have a good holiday, don't blame you for wanting to head straight back to Cyprus (although we can't complain about the weather really, it's pretty decent at the mo).

Jo, thanks again for your updates, it is much appreciated, particularly the info about the man who delivers water.

Portakal

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 255 in Discussion

PS Jo, I have created a new topic asking for help about the 3G signal strength in our area, I am not sure if you can help (if you have a laptop) but if you know of anyone who can I would be most grateful! Thank you

joandjelly

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 255 in Discussion

I'll have a look Portakal but I hope I don't have to do anything too technical!!

Lee it's a good idea to look at ways of limiting guest's use of electric but don't forget that they can still leave the air-con running whilst they are relaxing on the patio/roof terrace if they really want to. I know that some villa owners take a deposit against excessive electricity usage by stating in their terms and conditions that electric is included up to x units and everything above that amount will be taken out of the deposit.

I will try and get up to the site to take some pics in the next few days.

Jo

Portakal

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks so much Jo (nothing too technical I promise!) Hopefully when we come over we can invite you round for a drink one evening to say thanks for all of your help and updates.

Concept2

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 255 in Discussion

JoandJelly

You will certainly be having lots to drink !!. Thanks

I am just trying to take all this info in. Oh well its the weekend again and having a few drinks I am sure

joandjelly

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 255 in Discussion

Concept2 ha ha I'm looking forward to having lots to drink

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 255 in Discussion

hi pogle......i dont think the apts will be ready for snagging next week...they have begun to fit the water tanks and pumps etc...then again a week is a long time on cit gdns...makes a nice change......;o)...

only 6 more days to go then im back...during my journey i was on train and a group of young girls came on....they were shouting at each other and generally ensuring every one could here their conversations....i have to admit I had a victor moment...lol...aaarrrgghhh...6 days......6days.......john

leethemille

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 255 in Discussion

Yet again more good points Jo. This system should at least cut it down as it is sometimes difficult to rent a place out and ask for deposits to cover things like that.

You really will be getting very drunk I feel this summer!!!!

Pogle

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 255 in Discussion

Hi All

Snagging

I have spoken to Celal this afternoon and snagging cannot be undertaken until the end of July when the site is handed over complete.

Holiday rentals

I occasionally holiday let my apt and I limit the use of electric to £50 per week, any extra is taken from the bond/deposit. I probably loose rentals because of this due to the amount of apartments available who do not restrict utility usage. But I suffer a bill larger than £50 pw. We had one bill on our site from a hol rental of £125 for the week last year in a 3 bed apt. Our Aircon man Nigel ( many posts about him on here) has a card key type solution - not sure how it all works but you can contact him and he will send you details. You must also remember there are water cuts in Lapta/ Karsiyaka in the summer. The owner is generally responsible for providing tankered water, 20TL per tank, this can add up. It is more difficult to limit the water as it is expected by Holiday rentals to have a continuous supply.

Woott

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 255 in Discussion

Regarding the insurance policy. I will contact mel about the block policy for H

Scrooby are you going to do the same?

leethemille

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 255 in Discussion

Pogle

£50 per week seems alot for electric. Is it really that expensive in TRNC!!!!!

Lee

Concept2

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 255 in Discussion

Lee- Look under `electric costs ` is seems very expensive reading some of those posts. I was lead to belive it

was cheap ? More money.

Pogle

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 255 in Discussion

Leethemille

Just to give you some idea,our electric bill for last August was £300 for the month. This is one aircon on in the lounge during the day and one in the bedroom at night at 26C. Your units are smaller as is the apartment but if you have a rental in blasting the units out at 16C the bill soon mounts up. Just noting hol rental behaviour on our site last year, many rentals just left the aircon on when they went out and also had it on with all the windows and doors open,this is why I impose a limit of £50 per week. Some folk let cheap in the winter, this is a big mistake to my mind as rentals have the immersion on twice a day and the aircon blasting out on heat. Not all doom and gloom though in spring and autumn your bills should be low as no need for aircon/ heat or immersion.Worth getting a clear idea of costs V income before you let. See http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk Cyprus, kyrenia district - you can see what other people are charging and how busy they are.

scooby

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 255 in Discussion

I will contact Mel and get the insurance sorted through her if everyone else in H block is happy with this.

I am also very surprised at the cost of the electric bills. All of a sudden it looks difficult to rent out and cover costs at all.

ponsaun

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 255 in Discussion

scooby and Lee

Electric is not cheap here £50 per week in the Summer is the norm if you use the aircon. Stories of "visitors" racking up bills of over £300 on the month are many, also as for renting scooby I have a friend with a villa in Alsancak who was willing to go as low as £100 per week and only got a few rentals per year, he has now stopped trying, so best of luck with the renting out but I don't think you will be covering many costs.

Concept2

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 255 in Discussion

Do we know if anybody is in C2 ground floor next to me ??

Portakal

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 255 in Discussion

Scooby/Woott, I'll contact Mel too. Could you give me her email address please? Thanks.

leethemille

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 255 in Discussion

Concept messg 145

I dont have a record of anyone from the list.

Lee

Concept2

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 255 in Discussion

melaniepartington@hotmail.com

Mels email address. Melanie is also Pogle.

Hope you don`t mind Mel

Pogle

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 255 in Discussion

No problem, no mystery!

leethemille

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 255 in Discussion

Re air conditioning shut off there is another company listed on another post. I have been in touch with them and their systems work on 99% of air con units that operate via remote control. I have contacted Umit who has confirmed that our units will be remote controlled. The web address is http://www.econsense.uk.com It look a fantastic decent priced product. I have been in touch and they asked me where I got their details from, when I told him Cyprus 44 he has since looked at the other post and emailed this to me

i though you may be interested to know, any device that terminates the operation of A/C by removing the power supply, i.e. electrical timers or card operated switches, both invalidates the warranty and causes long term damage to A/C equipment. cnt'd

leethemille

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 255 in Discussion

The reason being that when you switch off your A/C equipment it needs to go through a shut down process where by the gas is returned to its container, this cannot happen if the power supply has been removed. Your friends on the forum may wish to consider this before fitting any kind of cut out switches.

I reckon I will be buying 3 of these to bring out.

Lee

Concept2

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 255 in Discussion

Lee- Not sure that web site address is finding what it is supposed too.

Whens John back in Cyprus. Missing the updates and photographs

Pogle

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 255 in Discussion

Concept 2, Google Ecosense Aircon UK and you will find it. I had the same problem. Looks good Lee.

leethemille

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 255 in Discussion

He is back on friday. He has emailed saying he will get some more done when he is back. I am missing them too. I think we have been spoiled!!!!

Jo if you get chance could you take some photos for us to feed our fix!!!

Try this link for website

http://www.ecosense.uk.com/

Looks like I had put an extra n in it

joandjelly

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Guys really sorry I haven't made it up there yet because I've got the builders in doing some de-construction (don't ask) and it's a nightmare. I can tell you that the road is now down to the tarmac road and the guys were even working on Sunday. I will do my best to get some pics for you but don't know if I will be able to get into any of the buildings cos I thought John said the main doors were now locked.

leethemille

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 255 in Discussion

Cheers Jo

As always everything appreciated. Looking forward to the effes already!!!

scooby

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 255 in Discussion

I am also missing John's photography skills. Any photos of the site and gardens would be really great Jo if you get time.

leethemille

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 255 in Discussion

God!!! How bad is this without the updates. I don't know how we have managed before!!!!

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 255 in Discussion

hello all....back thursday celal picking me up,,ill have a chat see how its going and site visit on friday morn should have something for you on friday pm...lee if youll do the honours...those hwo have asked for internals......saturday pm or latest sunday....itll be good to be back...lol..

john

stingrayno1

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 255 in Discussion

hi everybody,we have appartment H4,i have been going to the site quite regular and saturday i met with celal.inside our appartment it is almost finished i picked up on a few things ie decorators hadnt sanded down rough walls before painting ,he assured me the painters would not be paid until they do it properly,i think this guy is on the ball.

i also spoke to him about the pool.a lot of santafe pools have problems with them leaking ,but he explained how his team were going to waterproof it ,so now i am confident well have no problems with it.also he will be our maintenance contractor for the first year at least,so he wont want any problems.

looking forward to having a beer with you all .

nick and brenda

leethemille

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Nick & Brenda

I have had contact with you on the google group I think. I am compiling a list of owners names and contact details such as phone numbers and emails. The idea behind this is that when complete I can email to all those on it so that we each have contact details for each other for when we need to discuss things about the site. If you would like adding please email me your details to lcardwell@mortgagetalk.co.uk

Lee

leethemille

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 255 in Discussion

John

Can you get some internals of mine G3 if the second fix done. Also of roof terrace if railings done.

As part of second fix will the shower, light and sink unit be on the roof terrace?

Lee

Portakal

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Nick and Brenda,

Nice to hear from you (we are in H3) so it's good to be in touch will all purchasers within H block. Thanks for the update and we hope to meet you in person in the next few months.

John, hope you had a good break, some internals of our new kitchen in H3 would be good (so we can see the worktop). Many thanks.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 255 in Discussion

Lee just to let you know that the railings on G and H still have not been done. I am going to take some pics this afternoon

leethemille

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Jo. I look forward to receiving them. I will put them straight up on photobox to sort everyones withdrawal symptons out!!!

Concept2

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 255 in Discussion

Don`t forget some internal photos of B1 please please please at last. I have been waiting for ages.

Thanks

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 255 in Discussion

Hi

Have some space left on a container loading next week if anyone needs any goods shipping...?

Full containers all the time, as usual. Please ask for an inventory sheet.

Kind regards

Jo Valentine

+44(0)1302 729696

valentineremovals@hotmail.com

http://www.jamesvalentineremovals.co.uk

Concept2

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 255 in Discussion

Jo Valentine,

Thats good to know. I havn`t at the moment but may have in the future. Where does it go to ?? and what are the charges ?? Also noticed you live Doncaster and I live Sheffield so your not far away.

How long does it take to get there ?

Concept2

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 255 in Discussion

Common on John are you back.

Give us an update and send us some piccies please please please

leethemille

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 255 in Discussion

I know he is back today but when I don't know. He has said that internals will be taken over weekend.

I know how you feel though, the suspense is killing me!!!

joandjelly

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 255 in Discussion

Ok I didn't make it yesterday because I "popped" into Tolga's first and then got a bit waylaid!! I did go this afternoon however and have emailed Lee 48 photos. Mostly externals because the doors were closed on most of the blocks.

Jo

scooby

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 255 in Discussion

Much appreciated Jo. That's alot of snapping. Can't wait to see them.

Thanks, Matt

leethemille

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 255 in Discussion

Just uploading all the photos Jo has sent. They are great Jo thanks very much AGAIN!!!!! Will resend invites when uploaded.

Regards

Lee

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 255 in Discussion

Jo, thanks for the marvellous pics and thanks Lee for posting them.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 255 in Discussion

You're all very welcome oh and Matt I hope you are green fingered. Your garden is HUGE!!

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 255 in Discussion

hello....pool tiling is undeway..second coat being applied another coat of sealant then tiles....most of the water tanks have been intsalled the road behind gh has been cleared....railings over the next few days..secoind fix continues....lee your 2nd fix not completed yet..railings as above....your sink not fitted yet....hi concept taken some of b1 bath space there no bath yet...please mail me off board.....got some pics for you..john

leethemille

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 255 in Discussion

Photos from John uploaded now too. Thanks John. You have an email by the way.

Lee

scooby

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for the photos. It's great to see it all coming together.

Our garden does look bloomin massive. Plenty of space for the kids to run about.

Great to hear that the pool tiling is about to start.

gumdrops

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 255 in Discussion

Hi lee... Jo... and john

Thanks for lastest pics...

ness

leethemille

Message Posted:
28/06/2009 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 255 in Discussion

Although the photos show movement I can't help but think that things have suddenly slowed dramastically down.

Hope I'm wrong as counting down and 7 weeks today I am on my way!!!! I really need the apartment and pool to be ready and working by then!!!

Woott

Message Posted:
28/06/2009 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 181 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks for the latest pics

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 182 of 255 in Discussion

hello and good morning..slowed down ..yes i would agree,,but DONT PANIC...the big stuff which you have seen progressing almost on a daily basis has just about been done apart from the pool and car parking areas...we are now entering into the finishing stage and those bits that have not quite been completed eg railings on two blocks...sink units and finishing the second fix...i would suggest the rest of the work will not have much of a visual impact compared to the pace you have witnessed in recent times....but work continues...and from what i know July is still on target..dont forget ill be going up almost every other day and will report to you on here.....i suspect SF will be writing to you about finance etc very soon so be prepared..if you wish to contact me off board re any advice np......

john..(PS Dont panic)

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 183 of 255 in Discussion

all the gardens are huge!!!!...no you cant build another complex...lol..j

leethemille

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 184 of 255 in Discussion

Getting quiet now!!!!!

Usually a hive of activity and now nothing. Spooky!!!

Concept2

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 185 of 255 in Discussion

Just to let you know another Thread has been started about Sante Fe.

You all might be interested to read it but some of it is not NICE reading

All from customers on other sites who have had issues, but there are some

good reports aswell.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 186 of 255 in Discussion

Hello, it has gone quiet on here too...im stuck in the office at the moment quite a bit of paper work n e mails n stuff work is continuing on the site...they ev started to clean the apts up ..the gardens are being tidied up the roadway has stopped at the top rh corner (will speak to celal bout that) ....i have to speak to umit this week about electricity and other matters...i have an errand for a customer on CG so will brief you probs tommorow on progress.....john

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 187 of 255 in Discussion

John

When you are at SantaFe can you chase them up to reply to my email, thanks!

leethemille

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 188 of 255 in Discussion

Hope they will still get it finished this month John!

Regards

Lee

leethemille

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 189 of 255 in Discussion

Any other takers for the insurance or the list of owners?

I have asked John to contact other owners e knows of to see if they want adding to the list. I do think this will be very useful for all to have each others contact details.

Lee

Concept2

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 190 of 255 in Discussion

I need to sort my insurance out aswell with Melanie but am off on holiday in the morning. Mel can you remind me or send me an email thro with the details on for when i get back. Have not yet decided about the snagging but will let you know when we get a completion date. Have ordered my white goods from Sante Fe but thanks.

Whats your thoughts on bringing electrical items from England such as microwave, toaster, kettle, iron etc. ??

Will be checking the updates while away.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 191 of 255 in Discussion

Hello, duster send me a copy of the mail.....spoke to Bulut yesterday about electricity...hes SPOKEN to ochan whilst i was there (deals with electric issues for SF) re this ie get the transformer done!!!!!..ive just spoken to celal about that conversation so that should be progressing now...the pool...spoke to celal about that..he says this week..the tiles are there ..(as you know from my previous posts) the isolation is being applied to the surface and tiles follow .....again within a week id say...the railing that arent done yet are ready to be installed.....the second fix bits n pieces are their..july is still ok...they are waititng for some government stuff re the other access road......celal hasnt paid his contractors yet so they are still keen to do the job!!!....SF are writing to you... with an update..... and finals costs etc.....they are not asking for payment but i think preparing you for that eventuality...

I will prob go to site on sat morning ...john

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 09:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 192 of 255 in Discussion

Before im asked .....air con is usually the last item to be installed......check up on your white goods.... check your contract if included.....have you paid... do you have receipt... what are you expecting......contact Borak he s in charge of that issue..if you ordered any other extras its time to start brushing up on exactly what you have asked for...... whats been paid for and what was given (if anything in the price)..

NB my favoutrite expression.....if its not written it didnt happen.....im not telling you how to suck eggs ....just a polite reminder...which is borne out of my experience here!!!!!

If you come out and check your property dont try to snagg it now...its more than likely that tile you ev seen missing or cracked is more than likely known about and it should be fixed before you are asked to snagg...

if you need to speak to me advice np......

ps.... the views are still magnificent!!!!!

john

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 10:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 193 of 255 in Discussion

as an information item just been told yesterday by someone in the know ...as they say ...that the americans are getting inlvoved in a financial way with turkey to sort the problem out..(bareing in mind the oil pipeline that is coming into turkey..adana i believe) .and that there will be a referendum here in jan 2010!!!!!...the pundits are getting themselves all wound up here guessing how much property will go up by....well i wait with interest... i have to say there are quite a few people here speaking russian!!!!...hhhmmm...and before you say it its not the night club staff.....as ive seen in so many other threads please dont turn this into a political game of tennis......it just info ive picked up yesterday and it may be just the usual cow dung......

what if though!!!!!

john

leethemille

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 194 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks for all the info as always John.

Looking good for us people, we just need to keep on top of things like the transformer and water etc which I am sure John will also help with.

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 195 of 255 in Discussion

Had meeting with Umit yesterday, discusions included the progress at CG. .You may recall and earlier post where i said government had to do their thing re the roads..well they ev have done it!!!!...dimensions have been agreed for the government road (runs parallel with the site road rto alow acces for the bungalow at end of the site) so we can now completed the rest of the roadway. Celal and i discussed the progress, he is upping the ante on site now so i expect things to the previous pace.......ill keep you updated....

john

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 196 of 255 in Discussion

John

Any further info on the 'water clocks'?

Belgin has not yet replied to my email about this.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 197 of 255 in Discussion

i asked Umit yesterday about clocks...1000 STG confirmed, ....just back from site vsit. The metal rail men are installing the final batch now..(G H Blocks) ..the roads will resume tommorow now the govmnt have agreed the dimensions....Celal checked the pool overflow blocks, he was a bit susp of the installation...each corner used as datum..so theodolite out and we checked .sure enough they were out by 1 cm so all off........one of the better pool tilers is coming onto site..i am pleased cos ive seen his work..excellent..(he did mine) ......2nd fixers were there....cleaner is moving into each aprt after the second fix so looks like second breath all round..the gardens look really nice with the top soil dressed........Celal mentioned time for snagging soon so be prepared......

john

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 198 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks John for querying £1000 for water clocks. Will there be a receipt for £1000 from belediye?

I'm sorry to go on about this but £1000 for a water meter seems excessive! Do the locals pay this? Does it include the next 10 year's water?

joandjelly

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 199 of 255 in Discussion

We paid 150TL for our water meter. Admittedly it was a couple of years ago but ...

leethemille

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 200 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Jo. I think the main thing here is the same with the electric. The companies that install them have a bit of a monopoly and can charge what they want. i would like to see proof of overall cost to make sure that the money is all paying for what we need.

Providing the company fitting them is charging that then what choice do we have.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 201 of 255 in Discussion

I dont know the mechanics of it but thats what umit told me....ill ask some other customers what they were charged....and sadly no it doesnt include 10 years of water..but nice thought...on the subject of water it may be worth while just putting in the back of your mind... a communal well.....food for thought but not yet....john

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 202 of 255 in Discussion

What were the owners charged at Edremit Heights for the water clock/meter?

Woott

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 203 of 255 in Discussion

£1,000 for a water clock/meter!!!!!!!!!

£2,000 for the Transformer !!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but these costs were NEVER discussed with me in the beginning, and I personally don't have that kind of money just laying around to be able to pay this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is turning into a true "Money Pit" for me....................

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 204 of 255 in Discussion

hello, i think EH ts were charged the same....im not sure ill find out.....the transformer costs vary across the sites depending upon how many and what SF are charged....on my estate charged 1250 stg for meter and connection charges...j

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 205 of 255 in Discussion

Woott

I had to transfer to CG from a development that is not going to happen and it is costing me an extra £20,000 or so, therefore I will not be able to afford to live there as I planned.

I have to admit though that I WAS told that there would be about £7000 to find on completion.

leethemille

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 206 of 255 in Discussion

We have always known about the electric and were told a while ago it would be around £2000. Looking at the contract AGAIN!! it does state about water connection charges as well but no amount.

Lee

joandjelly

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 207 of 255 in Discussion

I have tried to keep out of this but £1k for water is absolutely outrageous and in my opinion it is just a way for the developer to make more money out of you. It's not as if you are in the back of beyond where all new water pipework has to be put in by the Belediye. There are houses on most sides of the site so the water is already very close by. Surely it is the developer's responsibility to bring water to the site unless expressly stated otherwise in your contract.

leethemille

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 208 of 255 in Discussion

The contracts do say that we pay for the installation Jo.

It doesn't look like there is any way around this.

Lee

joandjelly

Message Posted:
05/07/2009 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 209 of 255 in Discussion

That's bad news then Lee. Still think it is excessive.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 210 of 255 in Discussion

hello and goodmorning....im just about to go to the site to take some updates....transformers, water meters..electric meters, gas meters, (im joking) maintenance, deposits for this and that ....yes the costs will bite you on the leg and its not cheap....they are what id describe as start up costs ...when i bought my property i was told about extra costs but all i was interested in was the villa at a remarkable price.....i didnt appreciate i was setting up another home, that it comes with expensive start up costs and some quite unique charges and deposits...then again 288tl for the year of collecting my rubbish and water stuff is a lot cheaper than the uk ...i cant speak for the lapta belidere..anyway biting the bullet is all i can suggest...the costs are there and must be paid...but most are one offs....please e mail me off board if you need any advice ..on a last note i htink ive mentioned this before the transformers were failry cheap when the government installed them ...

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 09:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 211 of 255 in Discussion

Unfortunately the mini boom meant a big demand...so the govnmnt farmed it out to the private sector..the price went through the roof...sf were having a difficult time re finance and the world slowdown hasnt helped i would suggest it was a matter of continuation...you know the rest ...to defend sf is very difficult at times I know... at least they are still here and completing properties (how many have gone down in the uk) when many have gone down the tubes...luck plays no part in this ....for me im pleased to have my property.... at least i can see ive got something for my money...i was in a taxi coming from Ercan, english driver, we discussed the situation here and his words...i wish i had a property to snagg...he has a shell....sorry to sound like a sunday morning preacher... im just trying to put forward a balanced view...your apartments are looking nice, the site has huge potential...i think the majority will be very pleased...there wil be some who arnt thats always the case..j

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 212 of 255 in Discussion

Ok enough already..i off out now to take some updates for you....please dont give me a hard time over that last post im only trying to assist....j

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 213 of 255 in Discussion

John, can you email your phone number so my mate can contact you.

Tony

leethemille

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 214 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks John. Would be nice to see some good progression again. I would like to see the railings completed, sink units on terraces, pool at least starting to be tiled.

Less than 6 weeks to my trip and can't wait. Just hope that it will be finished with water, some sort of electric and a pool (with water in and working!!!)

A few Effes at Tolga's and a trip to the supermarket for more bottles in the fridge. That's what I am dreaming of. Yes the additional costs have increased but on another note most of us bought off plan at least 18 months ago and how many things in the uk have increased since then. I am sick of being told my electric and gas and water prices have increased in uk so it's only to be expected elsewhere. As John has said if you look at how much council tax we pay in uk, 1 month will cover a year in TRNC.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 215 of 255 in Discussion

Ok duster np....hello all..just returned from the site and no camera emra has got it..he promised to retrn it asap...anyway..on the site with Celal...all railngs are fitted except one block...G block...asked ..yes we have them they are completed ready to be fitted....next few days....the final stretch of the road is being done.....pool being tiled!!!!!!...even flowers being planted!!!!...are you aware that there is a childrens water park about 70 mtrs away!!....its working too......i asked Celal about the deadline again he insists it will be ready end of this month....they have completed two blocks cleaned and snagged and ready for your snagging..the second fix is progressing..wht he did he had the second fix in al the partments but left them half done or so..now hes going back and finishing them all off...there must be a logic somewhere there..i cant find it..anyway its conti....ill visit site in a couple of days and take some snaps..i want you to see the pool progress ....

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 216 of 255 in Discussion

the inside work has almost been completed..the rails for g, block and the snagging is moving around the blocks....followed by the cleaner....theres more flower planting..hes concentrated on the blocks that have been sold again so all garden will not be done to the same standard as yours....they will be left until last...

oh in answer to l;ees question the electrics are bayonet fittings..so if your planning to use enegry saving bulbs........bring them with you they cost an arm and a leg out here....irons, kettles, toasters even micro waves and of course the laptop for skype ..do not use your uk phone..get a turkcell sim card ..much much cheaper in my experience...

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 217 of 255 in Discussion

John, sounds great, thanks.

I'll look forward to hearing from you with phone number

Tony

Portakal

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 218 of 255 in Discussion

Sounds fantastic John!! I can't wait to see the latest photos.

leethemille

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 219 of 255 in Discussion

Excellent. These photos will be eagerly awaited. John have they done car parking spaces between G & H? Also is the waterpark at Simena?

Lee

leethemille

Message Posted:
09/07/2009 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 220 of 255 in Discussion

Quiet on here last few days. Are we all awaiting Johns update?

John can you also please confirm what I asked above.

Cheers

Lee

scooby

Message Posted:
09/07/2009 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 221 of 255 in Discussion

I think everyone is just waiting now for the completion date. Can't wait.

Photos would be fantastic. Some of H block for me please John.

Woott

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 01:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 222 of 255 in Discussion

Yeah,

Just waiting for completion now.

Can I also ask that we see some updated pictures of H Block, inside and out,

Thanks John

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 223 of 255 in Discussion

Hello all..i thought you d all gone home....lol...im writing this then off to the site.....had a chat with umit yesterday about electrics...Kibtek are going to install one meter for whole site util Tfmr (permissions waiting) is installed advised not be long...He is considering a fixed charge per week and when bill arrives if overpaid will get proportional refund....if more another bill....so i would suggest self regulation is the way forward...if you rent property out advise customers accordingly.....ill get back to you on cost per week....perhaps 40stg.....what do you think....j

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 224 of 255 in Discussion

Don't know what the going rate is John so unsure. One thing I was unsure of is what about the pool? Does that need electric for the pumps and filter etc, if so where does that come into it? Is that part of the maintainence?

Lee

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 225 of 255 in Discussion

John

Will the said electric meter be installed by the end of July so that the site is ready still? Just read your post again and notice he bit saying refund if not all electric used so yes I suppose £40 per week. Nothing really to lose.

Lee

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 226 of 255 in Discussion

John, £40 a week seems a bit steep? My mates bill for a month is only 140tl, for a 2 bed house!

Is this suggested charge going to apply even if the property unoccupied?

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 227 of 255 in Discussion

Duster from my conversations with John the cost will be just when occupied and as it states above this is a charge but then the meter will be read to see how much has been used. Looking at some adverts on ownersdirect it seems that alot of people include up to £50 of electric in the rental and extra comes off the deposit. I think the main reason for the the charge is to stop people taking the michael by leaving air con on all day when they aren't in.

Lee

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 228 of 255 in Discussion

Lee,

If that is the case then fine.

My apartment is unlikely to be occupied before November, I didn't fancy paying getting on for £500 for electricity for an unoccupied property!

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 229 of 255 in Discussion

John

Can you clarify if this is what has been put to umit?

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 230 of 255 in Discussion

Hi..first of all its only when occupied....ive heard some real horror stories in fact i visited an apartment recently and it was like a fridge in every room and they were going to leave it on when they went out!!!!!!..can you imagine the costs ....if as i suspect some will do..leave it on from day one.....i even know of one family where they put AC on and used quilts in bed b cause it was too cold...i know this is true cos it happened to me...if there is no charge then some will leave it on........so trying to install some form of self regulation via a charge is better than nothing.........if its over paid then change back....it may be that Umit will subsidise a little ..its builders elec which is expensive....i will ask on your behalf....

I took some pics the pool is well on the way ..the road work continues and second fix is progressing....il send pics to Lee.........john

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 231 of 255 in Discussion

Cheers John

As soon as I have the photos I will post them up. Can't wait!!!

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 232 of 255 in Discussion

yes pool electric paid out of common fund...im not sure but i would expect another connection for that....each apt is asked to contribute 100 stg for consumables and any site mods you may require eg pool gazeebo thingy etc...once the fund runs out then we would ask again..we d prefer the committee control that fund then you know where its gone!!!!...i dont want to launch into maintenace yet.....you have enough on your minds at the moment...im writing shortly and ill touch upon that then...im also suggesting a committee is set up... perhaps and acting committee to get the ball rolloing its something you can discuss...

Please be advised..in my view the site will not be all singing and dancing at the end of july...your apts will be completed bar your snagging issues,....they shouldnt take long either, the pool should be up and running....roads will be done...not sure if all car parks will be completed...i may be wrong....just a word to the wise...again Celal said he will focus on sold

leethemille

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 233 of 255 in Discussion

John

So long as the apartment is liveable, there is a working pool, I have electric, water and my white good and air con are fitted what more do I need at that stage. Just want to come out sort things out and enjoy the sun and beer!!!!

Lee

scooby

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 234 of 255 in Discussion

I am itching to see these photos. Still not got an E-mail from SF regarding final payments e.t.c. Do they want all the funds in one go?. Or can we pay for electric and water when it is eventually connected?.

gumdrops

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 235 of 255 in Discussion

hello all...

we emailed sf beginning of the week about final settlement, havn't had a reply either.

As a matter of interest any one looking for car hire from Larnica to the North might we suggest Fontana. We've used them once and have found them to be very good.

leethemille

Message Posted:
11/07/2009 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 236 of 255 in Discussion

No photos through yet people. Will post as soon as I have them.

Gumdrops I have just booked with aone, http://www.aone-cyprusrentacar.com they only charge £25 each way for pick up.

Lee

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
11/07/2009 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 237 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all...ill speak to umit re the accounts...yes please maintain a posititve attitude..its not going to be perfect...as ive said to many customers ..you ll make it your own..just dont be in a hurry...you ll end up frustrated...chill.....lol...ive sent lee some basic pics...j

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
11/07/2009 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 238 of 255 in Discussion

woot took some internals of H block...1,2,3, 4,

sending them...j

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
11/07/2009 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 239 of 255 in Discussion

been back this morning woot sent pics to Lee..Lee your 2nd fix...pic to you ....more piccs of pool tiling just about finished...more of the site..and the slides....yes looks like Simena...

john

leethemille

Message Posted:
11/07/2009 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 240 of 255 in Discussion

Sorry everyone I've been out all morning. Uploaded photos now. Pool looks great. Just need some water now!LOL

Cheers John

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
11/07/2009 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 241 of 255 in Discussion

Lee

Just seen pics, thanks.

Looks good!

scooby

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 06:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 242 of 255 in Discussion

Seen pictures. Site looks great!!.

Thankyou all, See you very soon. ( This month is flying! )

gumdrops

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 243 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Lee,

Thanks for latest pic's!

it looks great..

ness

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 244 of 255 in Discussion

Morning all...its getting nearer..have you thought anymore about a committee....would you mind if i nominated Lee as chair.........i seem to liaise with him through this.....and perhaps some of the other voices on here would consider committee membership ...ill mail everyone and give his e mail address then i will leave it up to them to make contact..

they are all a nice bunch of people so it should be good...im sure they wil be pleased to 'meet' you

im off again from 15th to 25th....Im going to make some arrangements for a local contact to keep you updated.....dont be tempted to snagg it yet!!!.....im working tomoz and possbily half morning tuesday so if its urgent let me know asap and ill see what i can do..

john

Woott

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 245 of 255 in Discussion

Hi John,

Thanks for all the H block pictures they look great.

John, do we know when the boundary plants for my garden will be put in (H2), I figure the sooner they are in the sooner they will get big enough to mark out my garden?

Cheers

leethemille

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 246 of 255 in Discussion

Cheers John. Does anyone else have any thoughts on setting up a committee?

John are we likely to get updates in photo format from this other person. The only worry I have is last time you went away things seemed to slow down. I think they need your whip!LOL

Lee

Pogle

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 247 of 255 in Discussion

Many of you know of Lapta Pines, the success of the site is down to the Committee and our working relationship with our FM provider. You would be well advised to co-ordinate yourselves as soon as possible. This should start with the appointment of a Chairperson and Secretary if possible and three other volunteers. You can change the configuration later but a temp committee will do for now. There is much information you need to share and decisions to be made when you all take ownership. You need to consolidate the information you have into a form which can be emailed to the other 10 or so ( I guess ) owners who are not involved in this C44 discussion, this information can also be provided to new owners as the remainder of the properties are sold. Understandably your concerns now relate to the completion of your properties but in 3 months your major concern will be getting your fellow owners to contribute to FM so the site is maintained for you all. Failure of this will make it

Pogle

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 248 of 255 in Discussion

impossible for anyone to run your site successfully.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 249 of 255 in Discussion

hi woot....dont worry bout the plants..ill chalk a line for you...lol....theres more than enough land ..again i say the gardens are huge...my replacement..ill ask him to post pics...ill check my mail and give Lee my mobile just in case etc....dont forget if you need advice on sf issues please ask off board...

pogles right you must get organised...you seem a friendly bunch..so get cracking...lol....

would you like me to pursue an afiliate membership of Simena on your behalf......there may be a small cost involved but what a resource...they may say No of course......just eat there or something...worth considering....

john

john

leethemille

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 250 of 255 in Discussion

I would like you to look into that John if you can. Has the pool been completed now? It looks awesome. Just need some water and electric to keep it clean LOL.

Does anyone want to come forward to a committee. I would be happy to be on even if temporary until we can get everything sorted.

Is anyone going to be living there permanently as they would be ideal.

Lee

Portakal

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 251 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks for the photos John and to Lee for posting them The pool looks fantastic! We are happy for Lee to be Chair as long as he is happy to be Chair. I am a British born Turkish Cypriot and I speak Turkish so I would be happy to volunteer my help. I think it will be beneficial to appoint someone who will be living there so I am not sure if anyone from our group is?

scooby

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 252 of 255 in Discussion

I am more than happy for Lee to be chair, and it sounds a good idea for Portakal to be involved also. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines and help when needed.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 253 of 255 in Discussion

tok one last set of pics today b 4 my holls just gives another angle on it.....j

leethemille

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 254 of 255 in Discussion

Hi

Just updated the photobox site with the latest photos from John.

Thanks John

Lee

MuttnDutt

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 255 of 255 in Discussion

Hi,everyone,

We are the owners of C1 and our daughter is the owner of C2.

Who owns C3 & C4 we would like to make contact.

Regarding insurance we like the idea of the whole of C block covered by same co.

We've come on board a bit late it seems but it's been very intresting to read all your comments and we need to come up to speed quickly so any help will be gratefully received.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.