North Cyprus Tourist Board - swimming pool advice
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > swimming pool advice

swimming pool advice

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

skeeds2000

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi i have a 10m x 5m Overflow pool and am interested to know what time scales the pump should be running for, we use the pool most days on numerous occassions and have been told 3hrs twice a day, but have just been told by someone else that 1 hr twice a day is fine???

Looking for helpful advice please and suggestions, thanks in advance.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

The industry standard is that the whole pool should pass through the filter at least once a day, preferrably one and a half times, during the swimming season.

We know your pool is 50m2 and if you have an average depth of 1.5m the volume of the pool will be 75m2 or 75,000 litres or 75 tonnes, take your pick. Your balance tank should be about 7 tonnes so in total you have 82 tonnes (82,000 litres).

If you have a 1hp pump it will probably be rated at about 16,000 litres an hour. Therefore, it will take 5.12 hours for the whole pool to be pumped through the filter, or 7.68 hours for one and a half times.

So, minimum 5.12 hours, ideally 7.68 hours. Which hours you set are not important but will probably be based on the fact that you like to see/hear the pool overflowing.

dav88

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

wow i think thats the best advise you are going to get skeeds :D cant think of anyone coming up with anything better than that!!!!

renelapin

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Vaughan, the industry standard is a nice term. In my experience ( rene standard ) its enough the whole content running through the filter each two days - my pool is 7 X 11 X 1,5 and it works.

My advice is also to run the pump in an overflow pool rather often than long - 5 times a day one hour

for ex., because the surface will be cleaned and dust/leaves will not sink to the ground.

Regards, Rene

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Who am I to argue with either you or the industry? Whatever works for you, Rene.

I would suggest that those with timers that have segments for ON and OFF that represent about 15 mins to start at about 8am and run for 3 solid hours to get the pool overflowing, then run the next 5 hours at 15mins-On and 15mins-OFF. This will keep your pool overflowing (or near as possible) for the longest period during the day and into the evening.

Pools with chlorinators are best run at night as UV breaks chlorine down, but for overflow pools this means either long running periods or part day, part night running, particularly in high summer when chlorinators need to run for upwards of 12 hours per day.

Pools with Aligators are unaffected as long as the total pump run time exceeds the Aligator maximum which is at most 6 hours per day.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.