North Cyprus Tourist Board - Thief, mug, criminal? Really?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Thief, mug, criminal? Really?

Thief, mug, criminal? Really?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Troodo

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 31 in Discussion

During the build up of the Annan plan the President of the so called “Republic of Cyprus assured the world that the GC’s would vote yes in the referendum. Consequently, I brought a Villa in the TRNC. It ultimately transpired that I put my faith in a lying scumbag. The only moral mistake I made was putting my faith in the whores of the Mediterranean.

Troodo.

negativenick

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 31 in Discussion

could someone get me some of what Troodo is on, please....

viper

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 31 in Discussion

Troodo and what is wrong with your villa?

viper

Tiggy

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 31 in Discussion

You are a fine one to talk !

nurseawful

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 31 in Discussion

I'm lost here!!!

And I think that the word you use to describe what I think is your builder, could have been put a little more eloquently!

Troodo

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 31 in Discussion

Tiggy,

I do not understand the relevance of your reply. Are you mistaking me for someone else? As for my villa again I do not see the relevance, but I have been luckier than some but not as lucky as others.

Troodo.

Troodo

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 31 in Discussion

The term Whores of the Mediterranean, is a reference to a remark made by one of the Greek Presidents, a few years back, about the GC’s. I think it was the present Foreign Ministers father, but I could be wrong on that.

Troodo.

ozzieTC

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 31 in Discussion

Believe me, that president did more damage to the gc cause than he did to you. If that referendum had not been pushed by the US and the UK, they would've entirely choked off the TRNC by now. The 'yes' vote by the TCs is what gives us some political leverage against them.

Anyway Troodo, it seems like what you are saying is that you took a gamble and lost. If it was such a sure thing, and everyone knew it was such a sure thing, the price of land and villas in the TRNC would've found their post-settlement price already. The fact that a settlement was not certain, and that your investment was quite risky is what allowed you to get in cheap.

You really ought to be careful who you appeal to for sympathy. Most TCs I know who just want the isolation of their homeland ended would not stop to throw you to the wolves and hand your property back to gc's if this is what it took. Remember that in a settlement, TC owners of former gc property will be treated differently to foreign owners.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 31 in Discussion

Dear OzzieTC

re msg 8

>>>Remember that in a settlement, TC owners of former gc property will be treated differently to foreign owners.<<<

Can you say this , again, one hundred times... There are members here who think that the UN / EU won't "agree" to that ! They DID before and they will, again..

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 31 in Discussion

Hi ozzieTC,

"TC owners of former gc property will be treated differently to foreign owners."

Can you tell me were you read/heard that? When (if) there is a solution, this part of Cyprus will become a full member of EU and TC's will become EU citizens, same as most of the foreigners here. You can't treat EU citizens differently, under any circumstances, without making a complete arse of the whole point of the EU.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 31 in Discussion

Dear Troodo

msg 1

1/ Tassos "Liealotopoulos" was THE President of the interationally recognised RoC..

2/ YES, he lied to his people , the UN, EU, etc.. he thought he could get a better deal... He was the GC equiv to the Rauf Denktash era of Diplomacy.. we got nowhere..

3/ You much have know that even if Annan HAD gone through that you were buying on (I'm guessing on GC land) after a date that did not offer as much protection.

4/ You took a gamble on the resolution of Cyprus problem... if you'd known me, back then, I could have warned you NOT to put your faith in the GC President.

I hope that you will get closure , soon - all I can say is that Cypriots have waited longer... Good luck !

ozzieTC

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 31 in Discussion

mmmmmmm: under the circumstances in Cyprus, EU citizens can be treated differently. The EU acquis communautaire (i.e. the EU body of law, including the law that prevents EU citizens from being treated differently) is suspended in the TRNC (or as the EU calls it, occupied northern Cyprus), so there is no obligation to treat non-citizens of Cyprus equally.

As part of a political settlement, bona fide TC refugees from southern Cyprus who have been occupying gc property will be allowed to keep it, with the state compensating the former owners. Note I say "bona fide" - a TC with 17 former gc properties in his name will not be allowed to keep them. There is no obligation whatsoever to treat foreign buyers the same as TC refugees, although I'm sure it will be tested in court.

ozzieTC

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 31 in Discussion

Sorry - last message was in response to TRNCVaughan, not mmmmmm.

Troodo

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 31 in Discussion

OzzieTC

We of course accept that you are a TC. Still I will reply. First of all no one pays top dollar in a place with no infrastructure. When I brought in 2003 it was in the middle of a field with no roads, no street lighting, no water connection or electricity – when we managed to get either, it was often cut off – no street signs, no rubbish removal ect.

Whether you are right about the yes vote, can be debated on another post. However, many of us love Cyprus and believed the problem was being solved. We had originally decided to retire in the South, which my wife and I had visited continually since 1989. But, due to the appalling change in the GC’s behaviour, we thought we would be safer in the North – true as it turned out.

As for your view that the TC’s are ready to throw us to the wolves – which is not the impression that I get from my TC friends – the EU cannot treat one set of EU citizens differently from another, it would be against the basic principles of the constitution

ozzieTC

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 31 in Discussion

First of all my situation: my mother is a TC, but since my father is not, I don't have a TC name, or look especially TC. Hence I am able to, and actually have, traveled and mingled freely in both the south and in the TRNC. I have not come across expat Brits in the south and none of them live in fear of their lives - in fact, they've made a lot of money from their property investments down there. Oh and my family owns land in the south. So I have a feeling of what it's like to have someone else occupy it! At least we know we'll get it back one day.

No one is going to throw you to the wolves, however, you can't expect TCs to sacrifice their rightful stake in their homeland for your sake.

Knowing what you know now, do you still think you're safer as a whole in the north?

Also, please refer to my previous post about why you can be treated differently to a TC EU citizen.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 31 in Discussion

I think troodo was trying to make a fast buck, in that buying in the TRNC before the referendum and hoping the Greeek Cypriots would say yes he could then sell his property for a fortune, ie, spend £80,000 now get £300,000 after everyone was happy again. But, of course, that didn't happen and now troodo finds themselves stuck with a property that is barely worth anything more than he paid for it and with the poor economy of the world at the moment is unable to sell it.

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 31 in Discussion

The annan plan was drawn up by the UN and approval by the EU. The EU made promises that if the Greek Cypriot reject the plan they will still implement the direct trade regulation and the injection with cash.

Troodo

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 31 in Discussion

You can mingle freely in the south because you do not look like a TC - says it all really.

Troodo.

ozzieTC

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 31 in Discussion

LondonCypriot: and then the gc's immediately vetoed the plans to end the isolation of the TRNC by virtue of having been accepted.

ozzieTC

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 31 in Discussion

Troodo: it does not matter where I am from, or where you think I am from. I am not even arguing with you about a matter of opinion. I am simply asking questions and stating facts. You have not actually pointed out where I have been inaccurate or misinformed. Please be so good as to do so, and do not distract yourself with where you think I am from, and what my hidden agenda is. I promise you that in 50% of cases you will have difficulty picking a full TC from a full gc, let alone a TC with a western father and an Australian upbringing.

Troodo

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 31 in Discussion

That's alright then.

Ozzie.

Your facts are purely designed to get up our pomi noses, any facts you do not like you procrastinate on. I spent 10 years in Perth W.A. I watched you people go from fair minded humans to arrogant bastards in the same time it has taken the GC’s – sad really.

Troodo

ozzieTC

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 16:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 31 in Discussion

Ok - so it's the gc's who are b@stards, the TCs are b@astards too. It's everyone's fault but yours. You're the one who put yourself in the middle of a serious dispute in the hope of making a profit, and when it turns sour, it's everyone else's fault. Way to go Mr. Personal Responsibility.

Troodo

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 31 in Discussion

The problem is, you kids think money is the most important ingredients in life. Let me tell you it is not. I, and many others like me, could not give a hoot about how mush our villas are worth, if things work out the wrong way most of us will be in our boxes by the time some Geek comes knocking. I suspect that things will work out, one way or another, for the TC’s, but, old as I am, I still can’t abide smartarses and liars that try to make other peoples lives more difficult. Get yourself a life boy and stop wittering on about a place I suspect you have never visited and only have a vague idea of its whereabouts because your mother pointed it out on a map.

Troodo.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 31 in Discussion

Hello Troodo,

My reply was to msg 2.

So many on this board are ££££ mad.

ilovekibris

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 31 in Discussion

troodo,

I've seen you go in your various posts from defiant to (apparently) contrite back to defiant again. Just accept you are the author of your own misfortune, you did something most people would never even consider doing and now you're facing the music.

Troodo

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 31 in Discussion

Another kid on the block.

Troodo

Troodo

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 31 in Discussion

Has anyone not noticed that when ever these people get pushed into a corner they move to another thread.

Troodo.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 31 in Discussion

Dear Troodo

re msg 27

>>when ever these people get pushed into a corner they move to another thread. <<

Perhaps you "flatter" yourself... ! Who did you push into a corner?

cypwine

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 31 in Discussion

troodo

you really do contradict your self!! you say you bought because you believed after the annan plan had been accepted your villa would be worth more,( a good investment!) then you go on to say its not about the money!!! make your mind up plzzzzz!!

Troodo

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 31 in Discussion

cypswine

Where did I state, I bought my villa because I believed after the annan plan had been accepted my villa would be worth more,( a good investment!) Keep awake, or you might lose your job.

Troodo

mmm. I was reffering to the fact that questions are side stepped when they do not fit the agenda.

Troodo

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 31 in Discussion

cypswine

Where did I state, I bought my villa because I believed after the annan plan had been accepted my villa would be worth more,( a good investment!) Keep awake, or you might lose your job.

Troodo

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.