North Cyprus Tourist Board - ideas for weekend in N Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > ideas for weekend in N Cyprus

ideas for weekend in N Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

boostie

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

I am lucky enough to be coming to North Cyprus in early November to do some training for a school in Nicosia. I arrive on the Tuesday , will have a day in Nicosia on Wednesday and then Thursday and Friday training days hopefully have some time in the evenings in the city. But I plan to extend my stay until Monday, perhaps hire a car and stay on the coast somewhere - where would be a good place to base myself? I have been reading the forums with interest about weather (bring T shirts , nippy in evenings etc ) at the that time of year.

and if anyone could let me know the places I will kick myself if I don't see them, that are easily done in a weekend ? Is hiring a car/driving in N Cyprus ok?

any ideas gratefully received

twoexpats

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Boostie, the best place to base yourself is in or close to Girne/Kyrenia. You will definitely need a car if you plan to see as much as possible in the short time you have. If you monitor this forum you will soon get an idea of what places to visit but Bellapais Abbey and St Hillarion would both be close to the top of anyone's list.

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

It depends what you like to do.

I would stay in Bogaz/Famagusta. You have all the Salamas ruins to explore which is far better to do in the cooler weather, Kantara castle and fantastic beaches.

Not much night life although plenty of eating places and bars in Famagusta and local bars in Bogaz.

If you have just 2 days to explore I would not want to spend too much time driving around or doing the usual tourist bits but go to where to locals go.

It doesnt realy matter where you go. I am sure you will love it that much, you'll be back to explore the rest!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.