North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkcell 3G, definitely not unlimited
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkcell 3G, definitely not unlimited

Turkcell 3G, definitely not unlimited

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

PeppaPig

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I know this has been discussed previously, but it was a while back, and I wondered what anyone has be able to do in the long run......I'm talking about the great Limited Unlimited package with Turkcell 3G.

Before anyone jumps on me and says that the whole point of it is that it's a "mobile" package, that isn't the point. It was advertised as an unlimited service, and in fact their advertising campaign showed people watching TV through it.

So, anyway, we've just found out that it's unlimited between 2am and 8am, the rest of the day there is a 500MB limit...........very much not unlimited.

Has anyone moved to Telsim? is it any better? Any other ideas of what to do - ADSL isn't an option for us, we've no line, and anyway i need to be able to move my internet around.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
09/06/2009 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Peppa

I have 3G and have frequently downloaded well in excess of 1GB during daylight hours. That said, I have to move down to Mugz cafe in order to achieve decent download speeds as my house is at the top end of Dogankoy and I have poor reception there.

Regards

Paul

PeppaPig

Message Posted:
10/06/2009 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Paul, unfortunately we're definitely not getting the same service as you are. We were receiving great reception, and actually still are if it's on. But when we called the helpdesk the other day - as the internet wasn't working - we were informed we'd exceeded the 500MG download limit which is now being enforced.

I can understand they sometimes need to put restrictions on if they're doing maintenance or something, but 500MG is really low. We had some updates on our antivirus and windows this morning and we had to stop the antivirus ones otherwise we'd have gone over our limit and been cut off again!

You do get reconnected the next day, but that's not really enough for us, we need it all the time.

Just a bit disappointed that the unlimited isn't really that.

hope somehow you sliip through the loop and don't have the same restrictions enforced.

steveafc

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

for gods sake..................turkcell was unlimited but it aint now mate ! they have moved the goalposts now .....there is no actual limit........it all depends on how many are online and what they're doing...........you have no way of knowing so basically you are ****ed ! lol.................unlimited my arse

Hector

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

So anyone any views on Telsim?

PeppaPig

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Right Steveafc that explains why some days we seem to be cut off far sooner than we've expected.

Really disappointed.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has used Telsim - mind you, they could do the same!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.