North Cyprus Tourist Board - Brittish nationals with Turkish Cypriot parents exit visas ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Brittish nationals with Turkish Cypriot parents exit visas ?

Brittish nationals with Turkish Cypriot parents exit visas ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

turanmem

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hi everyone, my cousin is born and raised in the uk but both his parents are Turkish cypriots. He is married to a british girl and they have 3 children. Earlier this year he went on holiday to TRNC through Ercan airport with his wife and 2 of there children. When they came to leave the country they were stopped at the airport immigration and asked for an exit visa for there eldest son who is 17 years old. this was a shock to them as he is a british citizen from brittish citizen parents. They had to miss there flight to get the relevent paperwork for there son to leave. this had happened to my cousin a couple of years earlier but they did not expect there to be a problem with there son. Last year i visited TRNC, my dad is turkish cypriot but my mum is British so before i went i spoke to the TRNC office in London and was informed by them that an exit visa was no longer required. Has anyone encountered this problem before i would be interested to hear, many thanks

newscoop

Message Posted:
11/06/2009 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Just a thought but could this be because your cousin and his kids are dual citizens?

If this is the case he and they have to do national service.

This would also apply to you if you are a dual citizen.

turanmem

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

no my cousin is not a duel citizen he is born and bred in england, same as his kids and his kids have an english mum. i spoke to the trnc rep in the london office last year and was told that an exit visa is no longer required. ive tried emailing the trnc offfice in london a couple of times but no one has got back to me yet. Its all a mystery to me at the mo !:-(

the butler

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Hi turanmem,

I suspect it is all in the name, if your cousins parents were both Turkish cypriots they will have a cypriot name. Your cousin being a male will also have that same name, as will his children. I think that immigration were just being ultra careful and checking that the 17 year old was not due to do national service.

The butlers wife

turanmem

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Maybe but the name is turkish not just cypriot, for all the authorities know his parents could be from Antalya in Turkey. Just emailed the Trnc office again hopfully get a reply this time.

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

YOU HAVE TO GET A SPECIAL PAPER FROM ASIL SUBE IN LEFKOSA, MILITARY DOCUMENTS AND GET YOUR MILITARY EXIT DOCUMENTS WHICH WILL ONLY ALLOW YOU TO STAY IN THE TRNC FOR A MAXIMUM OF 60 DAYS PER YEAR(COULD HAVE CHANGED). YOU HAVE TO BRING THIS EXIT PAPER EVERY TIME YOU ENTER THE TRNC AS THE POLICE OFFICER WILL NOT ALLOW YOU LEAVE THE COUNTY WITHOUT IT.

I LEAVE THE TRNC VIA LEDRA PALACE AND THEY NEVER SEEM TO WANT THE PAPER BUT I CARRY THE MILITARY PAPER JUST IN CASE THEY WANT IT.

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

IF ANY OF YOUR PARENTS ARE FROM CYPRIOT ORIGIN YOU HAVE TO DO THE MILITAY SERVICE COMPLUSORY. YOU CAN DELAY IT BY GETTNG THE MILITARY EXIT PAPER WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU TO STAY IN THE TRNC FOR 60 DAYS PER YEAR(COULD BE MORE NOW)

WITHOUT THE DOCUMENTS YOU CANNOT LEAVE THE TRNC. IF YOU STAY OVER STAY ONE DAY IN YOUR AGREEMENT YOU WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO DO THE MILITARY SERVICE.

GOOD LUCK

Geoff

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

If it moves Salute it. If it does not move paint it. Simples!

turanmem

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

thanks London Cypriot do you know the official name for the paperwork?

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 02:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

You have to go this office and get the paper, its quite bit of hassle as you have to go from one office to another.

http://www.mucahit.net/asal/asal%20sube/iletisim.html

turanmem

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks London Cypriot very helpfull

will do that when i go in August

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.