North Cyprus Tourist Board - Famagusta Art and Culture-less Festival i.e. lots of smoking
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Famagusta Art and Culture-less Festival i.e. lots of smoking

Famagusta Art and Culture-less Festival i.e. lots of smoking

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See Up and Comings Events in TRNC on North Cyprus Events Calendar

» Read about Famagusta town North Cyprus

elko2

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

I have been boycotting the Famagusta Art and Culture Festival for the last two years because I cannot stand smoking around me. I did ask the mayor at the time about a no-smoking area but he told me that he had no powers to enforce such a ban.

I decided to try my luck again this year and got two season tickets at 80 TL each. Then I went to see the chap in charge of the festival and told him that I have a special request to be passed on to the mayor. "Is it abdout the smoking ban?" he asked me. He will propose to the mayor that the smokers are directed to the back seats higher up. We will see.

While I was there an English lady with good Turkish from Cyprus Today was there and presumably she was gathering some info about the festival. She thought she knew me from somewhere but was not sure. So I am not as famous as Negativenick yet

ismet

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.