North Cyprus Tourist Board - Rates bills for Ozankoy?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Rates bills for Ozankoy?

Rates bills for Ozankoy?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

jax47

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Does anyone know when the rates bills will be out for Ozankoy please, how long we have to pay it, and where it has to be paid?

We bought our house in March and we are only coming out for two weeks at the end of this month and then again briefly in August, if the bill isn't out will be be able to go in to change the name, without the bill? Also, what documentation do we need for the name change?

Any advice would be much appreciated as its all very confusing to us at the minute!! Thank you

scruff

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Are you talking about water, street lighting & rubbish collection bils or are you talking about the annual property tax?

If the latter then as far as I know from friends, this is payable at the Tax Office in Girnes.

The annual bill is issued March/April & runs from the 1st April to 31st March each year.

In Catalkoy it can be paid in 2 instalments. 1st instalment to be paid by 30th April & 2nd instalment by 30th September each year. If you are a day late there will be a fine.

jax47

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks scruff, I'm talking about the property tax.

The bill for this year hasnt been received yet and I'm concerned that if it still isnt issued when we come over for two weeks end of this month and I have to ask someone else to pay on our behalf, next year it will still be under the previous owners name, and obvioulsy I would prefer that it is changed to ours....could this cause problems do you think?

will we be able to change the name before the bill is issued?

dav88

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Jax

To be honest I`m a bit confused as to what exactly you mean. Obviously not electric & water as you made it clear. The other taxes (land registry, vat) are payable only once you have received your PTP and the title deeds have been transferred in to your name, if thats what you were asking about?

scruffdog

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Jacki you mean the annueal bill paid to Girne and I have said it is not out yet and we do know when it will be. If you go down to Girne office when you come over, sit there for maybe 2/3 hours you may get your bill, as soeone else on this thread did, because they said they would not be back for 6 months.

jax47

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

dav88 I'm sorry to confuse you, we only bought our house in March ..i....ts 6 years old so we are second owners, we already pay our monthly electric and water bills and I'm talking about the annual bill you get every year...we are all new to this so a bit confused about the names of everything!

jax47

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 16:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

thanks for all advice

the butler

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

jax47,

I sympathise with you being new to all this and it isn't easy being a second owner of a property. There are two lots of payments that need paying annually. One is your council taxes, this is for refuse collection, street lighting and sometimes water. The other is property tax which has to be paid but I have never found out what this is actually for. Maybe someone on here can enlighten you and me. Sometimes I think by some of the answers received to some of the questions on this board, that the people forget that they once were like you and were new and confused.

The butlers wife

Quarmby

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

jax47

Firstly

you get a bill for monthly payments of refuse collection, street cleaning, don't laugh! and water bill. Now that we are under the Girne Belideye, you have to pay for ten tonnes of water monthly as a minimum payment. I f you use less than 10 tonnes a month, tough, you get billed for 10 tonnes usage. If you use more thn 10 tonnes you will pay additional amounts depending how many tonnes you use. Hoipe that has cleared that problem. You must pay this within a period of time or you will get the 'Fine'.

Secondly

There is an annual or pay 6 monthly times 2 for land tax or whatever they call it.

usually paid in April and or October. This year there has been a delay in the April payment period due to the transfer of payments from the 'Tax Office' now switched to the Girne Belideye near the Police Station.

I went in April tp pay and they asked if I was in Ozankoy ,' yes' I replied, then I was told to come back in 2 months when they claimed they would have the bills

jax47

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks for this info Butlers wife and Quarmby - I was feeling really thick for not grasping all the differences between the various taxes so dont feel so bad if everyone goes through this!

Maybe it will be worth us going to Girne Belideye to see if the annual "whatever" tax bills are available yet when we come over in a couple of weeks - understand we will need a letter from the Mukhtar to change the name on the bill though, anyone know if this is all we need?

zanky

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

The monthly bill is local government rates and pays for the basic provision of water (10 tonnes), lights and refuse collection and the other bi-annual payment is for national government tax. We used to have to go to the tax office and pay it directly to the government but gradually all areas are changing to it being paid via the local government (belediye) and it can be paid twice a year. It is taking a while to regularise it all. It works out at approx 1tl per square metre

harita

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Hi jax47

Sorry to throw another spanner in the works .. Have you got your PTP as this is relevant to getting the name changed .. We paid all taxes in previous owners names .. Been down twice about property tax & was told both payments to be paid in September when 2nd payment is due .. Hope this makes sense ..

Karanfil

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

We live in Girne and are second owners like yourselves. We went to the Girne Belidiye office near the Police station by the Wednesday market and had to take a copy of our house contract to get the emlak (property tax) bill changed into our names. We didn't need a letter from the Mukhtar. We haven't received our emlak bill as yet but took our last years bill to the office by the dove statue (where we pay emlak and water bills) and paid on last year's bill. When we enquired about changing the name on our water bill we were told at the same office that we neded a copy of our house contract and 200tl to change the name so we didn't bother! The monthly water bill comes in the previous owners name and we just go in and pay it.

Karanfil

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

We don't have our PTP yet but managed to get the name changed on the emlak bill.

harita

Message Posted:
12/06/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Well we couldn't .. Took 3½ years to get the nane changed on the electric bill .. See you tomorrow & talk about it then ...

jax47

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

When we were over in March we got the name changed on the water bills - cost us 100tl, not 200tl....do you think they charge what they feel like on the day?? (Did I say that out loud ha ha)

We also got the name changed and paid a huge deposit for the electricity, I think we just took a copy of the contract and passports.

We havent got our PTP yet, but havent got last years emlak bill so I dont know if we will be able to change the name without it as we dont have any reference number.....might be worth having a wander into the office when we are there in a couple of weeks, not really sure what to do for the best. We are over again briefly in September so the bill may be issued by then?

Thanks for all the info everyone, as new owners its all a bit confusing

Jacki

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.