North Cyprus Tourist Board - Is it possible to take pets across to Turkey by ferry?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Is it possible to take pets across to Turkey by ferry?

Is it possible to take pets across to Turkey by ferry?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» Read about Cyprus History

HappyBoots

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Has anybody ever attempted to take their pets over to Turkey by ferry? If so, what was the proceedure? I don't seem able to find out very much about it but will be grateful for any info

thanks

valarius

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Hi As far as I know the answer is NO. reason being there is rabies in Turkey. Also when Animals come from there they have to go into Quarentine here for a while.

kiwikid

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

You can take them there with no problem, but if you wish to return with them they will have to go in to quarantine. Like said before there is Rabies in turkey so your dog, if it is a dog will need its shots which I have been told can be quiet painful.

Angela

HappyBoots

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I know that I have to have my dog up to date with shots (which he is) and get the rabies shots done but I can't seem to get anywhere with the ferry company. Can I just take my dog on the ferry with all his paperwork or does he have to go into a special crate etc? He is actually under 10 kilos

kiwikid

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Go down and talk to the guys at the ferry terminal, they speak english and are very helpful. I had a friend this week who wanted to take his bicycle on the fast boat the ticket office in town said no he would have to use the big slow ferry but they said no problem at the port as it is quiet at the moment.

Good luck

Angela

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.