North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where can I get a water softener?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where can I get a water softener?

Where can I get a water softener?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Can anybody recommend a suitable water softener and where to get one please.

Thank you. Mrs Snakes

ataturk

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 08:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Europlus sell all types of water softners. They are based on the lefkosia girne road . From the main roundabout drive out of girne as though you are going towards lefkosia, you will see a hotel on the left handside as you pass it do a u turn at the next opening of the road and come back on your self. Europlus is on the left handside. Ask for Akin

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 10:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Do you mean a "salt" water softener or a scale inhibitor?

What tonnage of water consumption do you estimate? i.e. is yours a small appartment or a 4 bed villa?

Aussie

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Call Richard the plumber on 0533 8384636 he supplies and installs the ones for villa/ unit water supplies etc.

Aussie

Rosebet

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Dear Mrs Snakes,

We sell water softeners from the UK, but we need to know more details from you.

is it for internal use, or for the swimming pool or both? This determines the sizing of softener you require and therefore the price, we can ship to you from the UK direct to Cyprus but obviously do not know how much carriage costs would be at this stage.

Please feel free to email me....

sales@caterspares.com

Kind Regards

Jerry COOK

flightholiday

Message Posted:
15/06/2009 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Mrs Snakes,

We supply the Culligan range of products - Liff, Aquadial and Waterside. see http://www.softcleanwater.co.uk

The prices have been set to give you an export deal* but it is to your advatantage to have the goods UK delivered (cost of export can be high) and a ask a friend to bring the goods in. If thre are quantities they can be delivered to a shipper in the UK. * IAH has export rates from the manufacturers; we started SoftCleanWater specificaly to supply water softening and filtration to North Cyprus as we have that expertise in house as well as of course travel.

Culligan is a multi-national company with a high reputation; if you want any advice or thoughts we understand some of the problems in North Cyprus. Also you will find that Zini in Lapta has a few items in stock. (0392 821 1182) Zini's store is near the post office and roundabout on the road from Alsancak into Lapta.

Tom

IAH Ltd

info@softcleanwater.co.uk

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Mrs Snakes. Did you ever sort your water softener out? Can you recommend anyone?

booitsme

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Try Mr Pipe in Karakum. They have one there for around 300TL which is the same as we have on our place. It has the crystals and filter and even though we've only had our for around 3 weeks we can already notice a difference in the water. It does depend on how many people are living there and what sort of water useage you have but for a "normal" house with 2 adults (and occasional guests!) that would be fine.

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

No1Doyen, yes got one fitted, from memory £250 but it looks like a home made contraption, ie cannot not tell you what make etc, did not come in a box, no instructions, from a local plumber. Gave up on it a few months after use. Yes I know you are thinking why did I buy it???? It is not like me at all to make this kind of purchase without researching and comparing, thats why I ended up here!!!! Made my bed, must lie on it comes to mind. Regards, Mrs S

flightholiday

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Doyen & Snakes - see my message 6 - I would suggest you look at a Wrappa easy self instal, inexpensive to run, does not take out the valuable salts and reliable

They could be more efficient but then they are not too complex. If one works you can always double up and that works like 1.5 (or so I'm told). (One restriction they do not work so well on stored water as they do on running water.)

http://www.softcleanwater.co.uk (New products due very soon)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.