North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency rules for six month honeymoon after wedding in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency rules for six month honeymoon after wedding in TRNC

Residency rules for six month honeymoon after wedding in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Joanne

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

What are the "rules" re residency if we wanted to come to the TRNC for a 6 month "extended" honeymoon? We are getting married in TRNC and want to come over two months before wedding and stay on for another 4 months afterwards. Wouldnt be working and would be staying in parents house, which they own. Does anyone know if we will have to apply for residency etc?

Aussie

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

As I understand it technically you are supposed to apply for temporary residency to stay longer than 90 days.

There may however be a ways around this. I understand either the police or immigration office in Nicosia can authorise an extension to the 90 day visa but you MUST apply before the initial 90 days has expired otherwise you can be fined.

Some people simple cross the border into the South and get extensions this way (usually 30-90 days at a time), however this is strictly speaking not correct and there is a slim possibility you could be denied or given only a very short extension.

I would try applying for an extension first and if this doesn't succeed either apply for temporary residency or cross the border.

The only hassle with getting 6 month temporary residency is getting blood tests, costs and time etc.

Good Luck

Aussie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.