North Cyprus Tourist Board - Will Sunny Lane School now close?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Will Sunny Lane School now close?

Will Sunny Lane School now close?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

aripointer

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

With seven teachers in total who have now left Sunny Lane will the school be able to continue?

As far as I am aware no teachers have been recruited to fill the vacant positions.

If I was a parent I would be very wary of paying any funds up front to the school knowing the owners background...in fact I would pay in arrears. If I was a potential teacher looking for a job....I also would be very careful. AP

Kibris

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

"as far as I'm aware"

well dont comment then!!

I am aware that all departed teachers HAVE been replaced.... that is FACT!!

you have no children in the school so why the need to make such ill founded crap?

Hayran

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

As the Director of Sunny Lane School I feel that I am the best person to answer this question. All vacancies have been filled at our school and we will be opening our doors on the 1st September 2009 with a full compliment of staff.

Our Speech Day was a success today, our students and staff all left very happy to start their summer break.

I wish them all a great summer and look forward to seeing them back with us on Monday 7 September 2009.

Please just leave our students and existing staff to enjoy their summer breaks without all this negativity and my offer still stands to meet with any parents. The School Office will be open throughout the summer therefore please feel free to make an appointment to discuss the future of the school and for us to answer any questions you may have.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

I don't know Mrs. Hayran from Sunny Lane School. And I have not one experience with Unwin Estates. But I'd like to compliment Mrs. Hayran with her open attitude (in several threads, gone or still on the board) towards some very malicious comments by people who wrote their damaging stuff from hear-say or obviously ill-informed sources. I don't envy her with such parents. Well done, Mrs. Hayran.

bogeyman

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

well said dutch and mrs hayran if you dont know true facts dont post

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

RE msg 5, bogeyman > and mrs hayran if you dont know true facts dont post <

=> Huh? A typo? I do hope you meant "aripointer" in the first post?

Hayran

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Thank you DutchCrusader, your comments are much appreciated.

I urge our Parents not to listen to gossip or information from third parties. Come and talk to the people who have all the information and facts.

If you would feel happier talking to a member of staff, then our ex-Deputy Head, Greg Ramsden and new appointed Deputy Head, Joyce Oxley in our Primary Dept and Akile Jessener in our Secondary Dept will be popping into School every now and again during the summer months, therefore, make an appointment to see one of these senior members of our teaching staff to discuss any concerns you may have.

elko2

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

I have not met Hayran yet but I have had some contact with her and she has acted very professionally in dealing with the deliberate malicious posts. They try to harm Unwins and their institutions for whatever reason but in my view it has actually backfired on them. It certainly had that effect on me and I have expressed my views several times mostly in their favour.

Well done Hayran and don't let them run you down.

ismet

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

I am now closing this thread as it has been addressed by Mrs. Hayran. I think DutchCrusader's comments are quite rightly put. Thank you. Nicky

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

bogeyman

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

sorry dutch did mean it the way you explained

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.