North Cyprus Tourist Board - Need help with Ipod Touch
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Need help with Ipod Touch

Need help with Ipod Touch

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

robbie c

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Just bought a new ipod touch in the Uk. Downloaded a few bits there. Came home (Cyprus), downloaded some more music, all off my hard drive, nothing from the internet. Next day said program not loaded properly, uninstall and re install. Did that, and its come up installed sucessfully, but when I plug my ipod in, its coming up with "This ipod cannot be used as the required software is not installed. Remove itunes then reinstall".

Anyone shed any night on this? I've uninstalled in twice now by following the instructions on the website.

rod28

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Try going online and make sure latest i-tunes installed , if difrent versions used it can conflict.

Thinker

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Found out something VERY interesting with the iPod Touch not connecting to iTunes problem on a Vista Home machine. This worked FLAWLESSLY the minute we did it.

1. Uninstall Quicktime

2. Uninstall iTunes

3. Reboot (possibly inbeween 1 & 2 as well)

4. Reinstall iTunes 7.5.x

5. Attach iPod Touch

It would seem that the combination of doing Quicktime first and then installing iTunes does something wacky - as does doing vice versa of having iTunes on first and the reinstalling Quicktime (remember iTunes installs it already) after seems to cause this error. Not sure why - as both are Apple products that should be able to be installed this way but apparently the iPod Touch doesn't like this configuration.

So nutshell - let iTunes install Quicktime and uninstall it first if this is your first time putting iTunes onto a system.

Hope this helps.

finnsfan

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hi - I hope this isn't a daft question but I saw this post and hoped you guys could help. Basically, I want to get an iTouch as a gift for my brother who lives in Cyprus (I'm in the UK). But I saw some info saying he wouldn't be able to use access to the iTunes music / app store from Cyprus - is this just old out-dated information ? or is it ok as long as he has a credit card that has a UK based billing address ?

Thanks for any advice you can give !

smithy

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I hope this does not apply to all ipod touch, as a friend is bringing one over for my granddaughter which I bought direct from apple, as I have to send it on. do you think it might be a one off ????

sheila

shel56

Message Posted:
10/10/2009 08:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

I bought my ipod in the UK and installed all the downloads there and have had no problems with my ipod here at all (I have vista on my laptop). I can access itunes shop and I download music from that or my own CD's I even downloaded music yesterday that a friend had emailed to me. I also download the UK radio programmes. It is great and now I can go completely mobile and let all my friends listen to.

I went south (sorry but needs must) and found a X-mini speaker that I can plug into my laptop and it gives me fantastic quality sound or I can plug it into my ipod and use it anywhere I go (in the car is a great one). It charges itself up from the laptop just like the ipod. Cost of this little gadget was euro27 and I bought it from the City Mall - Public (book and computer/electronics shop).

Forgot this X-mini (that is the name of it) is smaller than a tennis ball, is coated in a rubbery substance so it won't break if dropped. Mine is black but comes in different colours to!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.