North Cyprus Tourist Board - my teacher miss gillian told to leave that day
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > my teacher miss gillian told to leave that day

my teacher miss gillian told to leave that day

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

killtheliars

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

i was one of the pupils that was in Miss Gillians class & speaking on behalf of the class we were all very shocked that Miss Gillian had been treated this way and asked to leave immediately after always being so positive about the school.Most of the class members were distraught about loosing their teacher with such a short time before the e nd of term.leaving Primary school is quite a big step without having to cope with losing such a lovely teacher in such circumstances. How must she have felt???????

What goes round comes round

Stubs

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

You not a bit old for Primary?

Member killtheliars

Name bob

Age 39

Gender Male

Marital Status Single

Location gine

Occupation contract buldier

Member Since 19/06/2009

Last Post 19/06/2009

By the way you will find it is spelt "Girne" and "builder".

Did you not listen to the teacher????

taraspring

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

Sunny Lane School - website

RIGHTS AND RULES

We believe that we can all be expected to behave as caring members of a civilised community and thus, with a few specific exceptions, do not need rules listed, since they should be part of the accepted behaviour of every member of our community.

Every member of our school has the right to feel safe, secure, equally valued and protected and has the responsibility to treat others with respect, while rejecting language or behaviour that is offensive. Sunny Lane School welcomes difference and diversity amongst its members and considers any discrimination unacceptable.

Hmmmm......... do these rules also apply to the owners?

Why are Unwins so silent on this mass exodus, yet normally vocal on any other issues?

As an outsider, looking in something definately does not add up!

So what do you have to say Mrs Unwin?

boswell

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

Message 3:

"Why are Unwins so silent on this mass exodus, yet normally vocal on any other issues?"

As an outsider looking in, would you care to tell us where the Unwins have been vocal on other issues.?

Considering the amount of flack they get on here I think think they to show a dignified silence.

Just my opinion.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

Bandit country so what are your expectations?!

Richard

taraspring

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 02:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Apologies to Boswell....

I really need to quantify my statement for the not so observant.

"Why are Unwins so silent on this mass exodus, yet normally vocal on any other issues CONCERNING THEIR OWN BUSINESSES?"

Happy now???

"Considering the amount of flack they get on here I think think they to show a dignified silence"

There's no smoke without fire my friend!!!!!

Just my opinion, of course!

taraspring

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 02:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

Boswell... on 11th Jan 09 you posted as follows................

"We have a daughter who is in her 3rd year at Sunny Lane and I have to say we are generally very pleased with her progress. The education she is recieving is to a high standard and she is very happy there.

As with most things in life not everyone can be pleased, but on the whole I think the school is doing a good job. In my opinion most of the critics of the school tend to be people who just enjoy jumping on the 'Unwin Bashing' bandwagon and have no first hand experience of Sunny Lane"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Clearly you were happy with the standard of education provided by the teachers who taught your child, 5 of whom have now been sacked by the owners, for demanding what? No less than their salary, which was due and payable under their contract of employment.

There would be no "Unwin Bashing Bandwagon", if the said people just honoured their obligations. Any adverse publicity is brought about by themselves IMO.

killtheliars

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

this is my parents account

killtheliars

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

5 teacher were told to leave on the 16th of june two days away from the end of term as far as im concerned they did nothing bad to the school or anyone i know

simbas

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

Msg 9 , how old are you , and do your parents know you are posting on this board ?

This is purely out of concern ,

Simbas

parkview

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

For a start I am MotoMoto - using my partners latop, but at 53 years of age I am sure I am safe

I have a daughter who is nearly 3 years old - we will be evaluating potential primary schools soon. The closest is Sunny Lane but the rumours, stated facts by individuals, of despicable and illegal behaviour directed towards Teachers and other employes by the owners mean that we would not consider for one moment sending our child to that school

There is no smoke without fire, and this involves to many people who have had their rights abused over to long a time period for it all to be without foundation

I am just appalled that it has been allowed to re-occur by the authorities, which can only suggest some malign influence at work. I feel extremely sorry for those directly effected

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

Parkview please would you be kind enough to state the "Illegal behaviour" directed towards the teachers. Do you have proof?

What are the stated facts? - can you back these comments up.

Each and every one of you who has put "these facts" on this board can I please ask do you have hard evidence against Sunny Lane. Would you all be happy to back it up if say a Court case were to be brought for a possible slander case? If you all feel confident in this then I will say no more. All I keep reading is that they are rumours. I dont live in TRNC and my children go to an English School but what I do know about my children's school is that no teacher in their right mind about tostart a new job would legally be able to talk about their experiences for threatening their new position. I could be very wrong of course so apologise now if I am. From what I have read too it seems that all the children got a great education from those teachers at that school so why would anyone be interested

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

continued......

in their severance pay or what leave they got anyway? Surely its your kids education that matters after all. Some of these teachers have been replaced and surely those teachers will want to work to their best ability and help your youngsters get a great education.

Regards

simbas

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

So Parkview ?? are you saying you are ?

1 / killtheliars { a bit extreme don't you think }

2 / Motomoto

3 / Parkview

Simbas

donga

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

No one has any concrete proof one way or the other.

If, however, Crest education were to provide proof that the teachers were going to "sabotage" the last day of school then I would be happy to accept this.

Rather than ask everyone here to provide evidence why not ask Crest to show us the evidence of the teachers intentions cos without it no one is going to believe anything other than they were sacked to save money.

Why don't Crest invite us in & provide evidence. If they can satisfy us that we are wrong then I will personally issue an apology on this forum stating so.

parkview

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

Hi everyone, I did not write the previous post on here, my partner (motomoto) did as he stated in message 11, I am keeping well and truly out of this one!

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

Parkview please could you ask your partner motomoto to answer the questions that have been asked of him, thank you.

simbas

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

Parkview / killtheliars / motomoto , with all due respect , why did'nt he / she post under motomoto then ? why hide behind such an extreme password and masquerading as a child . Surely if you feel so passionate about the subject why not admit to it , what is the saying " if your not ashamed to say something , your not ashamed to admit it " As you can imagine , one can hardly be blamed for questioning you or what you say , as your entire personna is now in question .

Simbas

parkview

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

"For a start I am MotoMoto - using my partners latop, but at 53 years of age I am sure I am safe"

Excuse me Simbas, he did not hide under anything if you read the message which stated right at the beginning he was Motomoto and NOT parkview, as for the kiltheliars I have no idea who this is. PLEASE read messages carefully next time.

simbas

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

Yes I got that , i read it as he / she wrote it , out of concern and nothing else is why i posted msg 9 , and the reply was "This is my parents account " Then Motomoto introduced himself , and said he was using his partners laptop and said that at 53 years of age i am sure i am safe , ? my question was directed at a child so his remark seemed to answer as if the question was for him . Forgive me me if i have got it wrong but with 3 people using the same account / computer and by using such a password { kill the liars } . one can hardly be blamed being cautious . In the past , and the present , multiple membership is still a problem as i am sure you can appreciate .

simbas

parkview

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Hi Simbas killtheliars had not come from my account/computer. I have no idea who this person is. I have already had serious words with my other half about using my password, told him to use his own!! Don't worry he has a slapped wrist!

bumbum

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

well u pay enough!!!!

kikki

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

What has happened? Could someone post details please?

sienna

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

oh nooooooo not again kikki all the threads relating to this have been deleted

pleaseno more !

killtheliars

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

i am one of the parents of this child and did indeed know that he was posting his and all the children in his class their feelings on this matter. Miss Gillian has been a superb teacher and acted in nothing but a 'professional way' throughout her time at the school, always approachable for both parents and children. She will be greatly missed and even though she had decided to move on (not because of the Unwin's) she didn't deserve to be treated in such an unprofessional way and thus upsetting her and the whole of her class! Leaving Primary school to move onto Secondary is always an emotional time and all Gillian wanted was to be with her class at the end of term to wish them well and help them during this very important time in their lives, thanks to the current events she and the children were denied this!

slimmer

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

Im a parent of a child in Miss Gillians class . I was very upset to hear she was leaving and the way THEY did it

She is a great teacher and my son liked her very mush,she also help him a lot this year and we as his parents would like to say a big THANKYOU. It was very sad to see year 6 sitting with on teacher on their last day.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.