North Cyprus Tourist Board - Shipping animal to TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Shipping animal to TRNC

Shipping animal to TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

livethedream

Message Posted:
12/04/2007 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 40 in Discussion

We are moving out to TRNC in July and would like to know whether anyone has brought their animals out with them when they moved from UK. How did the animals cope?

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
12/04/2007 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 40 in Discussion

Hi livethedream. If you look back at previous messages - one dated 11/3/07 and another date (I think) 13/3/07 it will give you details about bringing cats and dogs over to TRNC. Hope that is of some help to you.

Regards

livethedream

Message Posted:
13/04/2007 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 40 in Discussion

Thanks Boredhousewife, I found them after I'd posted the message. How long have you been in TRNC, and are you really bored?

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
13/04/2007 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 40 in Discussion

Hi livethedream! I shouldn't say I'm bored really, but lets just say I am a housewife with two small boys who keep me on my toes all day long!!! But I do like having fun and doing other things apart from being at home!

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
13/04/2007 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 40 in Discussion

P.S. Sorry forgot to say - we aren't in TRNC but the UK. Have just bought an apartment in Esentepe which is due to complete in July!

livethedream

Message Posted:
13/04/2007 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 40 in Discussion

Are you planning on living out there, or just a holiday home. Also a housewife with 2 kids, so not bored - often!

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
14/04/2007 01:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 40 in Discussion

No just holiday home! And yes housewise with 2 kids not bored as such!!!!! But you know what I mean with two kids!!! I get bored of changing nappies blah blah blah!!!

livethedream

Message Posted:
14/04/2007 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 40 in Discussion

Thankfully mine have well passed the nappy stage!

Jazmin

Message Posted:
19/05/2007 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 40 in Discussion

We still on the topic of animals from UK to the TRNC?

If so then my advice to you is BEAWARE as i bought my Shiz Tzu from Uk to the Quarentie here in North Cyprus and they did an aporling job in looking after my dog was NOT happy at all.

livethedream

Message Posted:
19/05/2007 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 40 in Discussion

Yep, still on transporting animals from UK. Just what I was afraid of. Our cat is getting on and don't think she'll make the journey, let alone quarantine. How was your dog after?

california

Message Posted:
20/05/2007 01:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 40 in Discussion

We brought our 2 Yorkies & Chihuahua with us last year. They survived but did not like the way they were treated in Istanbul. We could not have all 3 in the cabin, mistake!

Take Care

keith le

Message Posted:
20/05/2007 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 40 in Discussion

What happened in Istanbul please.

shona2

Message Posted:
20/05/2007 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 40 in Discussion

Hi all,

I am taking my 2 dogs when I move in June. I was worried about getting the Import licence from the cheif vet in Lefcosa but I faxed all the paperwork over and hey presto the very next day the import licence was faxed back. A huge sigh of relief as I am trying to save by doing everything myself rather than pay the huge cost of using a animal carrier service.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Shona

livethedream

Message Posted:
21/05/2007 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 40 in Discussion

Hi shona2. How did you go about doing everything yourself - where to start? Perhaps you could email off forum. PS. We're only down the road (well A12!) from you! Any advice gladly accepted.

addaweb

Message Posted:
09/08/2007 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 40 in Discussion

Lots of information here: http://www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

bobby10

Message Posted:
29/06/2008 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 40 in Discussion

hi livethedream dont go with AIRPETS my three babies was so dehydrated they almost drank all the pool water,and later sick,followed by the s---ts nevertheless IF one of them did had to go in to qorrentine? one of my babes would of died!!! (lookelie for me my babies did escape quarantine) and my babies survivedby swiming in the pool with me,after16 hours worring upon their return to cyprus I was left heartbroken however my babies are now intip top condition,but please be careful.

bobby

livethedream

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 40 in Discussion

Hi bobby10 - glad your babies are ok now. As you can see from my first post, we moved out last July - and decided we couldn't take the risk with our cat. We rehomed her before we left.

ltd

fire starter

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 40 in Discussion

pine farm kennels in suffolk are who we used. they deal with all the pets belonging to usaf and fly pets around the world. our cta flight was delayed and they checked on our dogs and gave extra water even came onboard the plane to let us know they were ok. our shar pei was 7 years old and not in good health he made it no problems. lefkosa quarrentine is not so bad i've seen worse in the uk. we can give you all the help and advise you need just email me and i can help. sara@topdoghotel.com.

cornishoggy

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 40 in Discussion

Hi Folks

Have been here in Kyrenia now a couple of weeks and my dogs have just come out of Quarantine kennels (not brilliant but passable) It is essental to go to feed them and walk them daily .Flight with Turkish Airlines, choose a Monday or Tuesday and book a couple of months in advance,no problems in Stansted cost £135 pounds for the two. The only problem was a longish wait for the dogs to be collected at Ercan/to the kennels.

However, we all made it, and the boys are fit and well. (Incidentally, I have now two IATA approved airkennels for sale, if anyone is relocating)

Lilli

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 40 in Discussion

HI FIRESTARER have to agree after being given all the wrong information from defra my staffi couldnt travel with me after me going back from trnc to fetch himl his paperwork was all done for the soth this was on a friday at 4pm when i heard this what can u do then, i tried every staff association in the country to see if they would take him as i had already been here 7 months no luck, i then rang a friend who put me in touch with pine kennels and as we were supposed to be flying back to cyprus next day saturday it was such short notice but nevertheless they met me at heathrow took my dog, sorted defra out and low and behold 10 days later he was here, the cago people here were awful wanted to leave him in his box and almost arrested me as i opened the door to hold him and let him pee, vetaniary dept didnt show up until 11 hours later, quartine he did 10 days it wasnt as bad as i was led to beleive but it took me 6 hours a day round trip hes fine doesnt like the heat but so settled xxx

Lilli

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 40 in Discussion

continued. i would recommend pine kennels so much not only did they care for my mojo but rang me everyday to tell me the progress, they even wanted to keep him. the cost in all with injections, travel etc was in excess of 1000 pounds but to have him here is wonderful and as said he is more settled here than he was in cardiff, he now has an adopted brother and sister, happy days/ just do the quartine bit with an open mind it soon passes see them as often as you can the clock in thier head tells them when you are coming they know its not for long. the best thing my mojo travelled with his favourite blanket and my best shoe which he had chewed up, i bought treats from uk which i used to take daily, take water as its not always available, they dont feed or give them water and you have to clean the cell out so rubber gloves and bleach but they do give you time with them to walk and play and i was never asked to go even when i stayed longer than i should goood luck they are worth it to you

freckle

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 40 in Discussion

We used animal airlines - they were really good. I think we paid about £900 which was half of what airpets quoted. Flew Manchester to Ercan on same flight as one old cat (13) and springer spaniel. Because I'd heard such bad stories about quarantine it wasn't quite as bad as I thought but you do have to do everything. We went twice a day for 2 weeks and as Lilli says they are really good about letting you be with them. They both survived intact and are very happy with their new lives in the sun!! In fact, my cat, Colin is like a new cat - used to be very grumpy in uk!! It's definitely worth it! I haven't checked KARs website recently but the prices were way out - we paid about 300 TL (I think) for both of them for 2 weeks.

Amber

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 40 in Discussion

Hi,

I brought my cat over from UK in June. Luckily we were able to have her in the cabin with us. We flew with pegasus and they allow this as long as the animal is under 5kg in weight. I have to say quarantine in Lefkosa is awful. Your pet is more likely to catch something there rather than bring anything in with them. It was an awful time and at the height of summer hard for my cat. She has adapted to life here so well now.

I heard many stories from others who had animals in quarantine at same time. Most would recommend airpets, although one cat was " lost" in Turkey for day and a half, was left in a hanger there, with no food or water.

lulubell

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 00:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 40 in Discussion

hi amber

would you know if pegasus take animals over 5kg? or just animals that are 5 kilos and below?

thanks

Amber

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 40 in Discussion

Hi Lulubell,

As far as I am aware it is only animals that are 5 kg and below. We booked this April last year, so not sure if they have same ruling now.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 40 in Discussion

Hi, I would definitely recommend Airpets. They were brilliant with my five cat's. It might be cheaper to do the paperwork etc. yourself, but as Airpets do it so much and know exactly what to do, felt it was safer to leave it to them. My cat's arrived in good size carriers, with large water containers in them, still with water in. The largest cat in a bigger carrier(same price) had 2 water containers. My eldest cat who was 14 survived the flight and quarantine fine, and is still going strong 3 years later. Another one that was on medication for artheritis in England is now completely better.

The quarantine wasn't too bad, I found the people their friendly and helpful, but would suggest that you don't bring them in the summer, as it would be extremely hot for them.

Stella

daffodils

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 40 in Discussion

Hi,

This one for Amber really and anybody else who has done this. We are moving out aound the middle of August. What do we have to do to get our cat in the cabin with us and roughly how much does it cost Do you know please?

lulubell

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 40 in Discussion

hi amber

thanks for that, yes phoned today and they confirmed only 5 kilos....unless i put my lulu (english bulldog on major diet dont think we will get there!!!) back to the drawing board!!

thanks alot for reply.

Amber

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 40 in Discussion

Daffodils

We contacted pegasus a few months prior to coming out here. In an email they asked us for confirmation of weight of cat and completed an online booking form for her. It was really easy. So easy we thought something is bound to go wrong, so month before flying we went to pegasus desk at the airport. they confirmed they had our cats details and she was booked on the flight. They allow up to 2 animals in the cabin on each flight (each animal up to 5kg in weight) In total we only paid £15 for her as excess baggage. I would really recommend this. I was so worked up about the journey,but everybody could not have been nicer and my cat had a stress free journey.

Lulubell - best of luck with Lulu - let us know how you get on.

lulubell

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 40 in Discussion

thanks amber, i have researched many options cta and thy dont accept bulldogs no other flights that go to ercan take bulldogs, so im going to do it by road.. and boat.. just me and my lulubell. Im hoping it goes well and stress free just wish i could take her on a flight but dont think it will change before july.

thanks alot take care

Amber

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 40 in Discussion

Lulubell,

Best of luck for your journey in July. I cant see airways changing ruling before then for Lulu. Take it easy, July will be so hot for her, but least she has her mum with her every step of the way.

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 40 in Discussion

lulubell

have you tried dave at pine farm? he may have some idea of a way around this problem, they are very good.

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 40 in Discussion

hi firestarter

funny enough my mum was on reading a thread and you had mentioned them sp she took down the number and i rang this morning they are really so so helpful and she took all info down and he will ring me tomorrow as he was on airport run today but she seems to think that its possible so fingers crossed..

had also phoned airpets to go from london to turkey by plane and then ferry to cyprus but they only accept dogs upto 22 kilos??? and my lulu is 25 so no chance but will keep you updated on pine farm lets hope so..

take care

natascia

lulubell

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 40 in Discussion

hi firestarter just to keep u updated spoke with dave at pine farm really on the ball and looks like we should have no problems with bringing her over for this summer.

really nice guy and staff are lovely too, thanks

natascia

Amber

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 40 in Discussion

Natascia,

Is that right re Airpets only taking dogs up to 22 Kilo?? a couple come over same time as us last year, with a large german shepherd. They used Airpets. I am sure there dog weighed more than 22 kilos??

Amber

lulubell

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 40 in Discussion

hi amber

its pegasus that only take dogs upto 22 kilos,sorry if i didnt state on thread, and airpets do take bigger and heavy dogs but just not my breed english bulldog due to there breathing difficulties, but have contacted dave at pine farm and have to say he has been really helpfull and looks like we can go ahead,so fingers crossed.

thanks

natascia

fire starter

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 40 in Discussion

lulubell

my giant schnauzer was too tall,lol.

they got her here!

i also brought a shar pei another dog breed which has breathing problems, that why i couldn't understand why they wouldn't take a bulldog, when they took a shar pei?

as i said they fly dogs all around the world and he knows his stuff.

i also know personally the vet he uses for the final checks ect. he use to be my local vet.

i wouldn't recommend then if i didn't know them personally.

lulubell

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 40 in Discussion

hi firestarter

yes i really cant understand it but from what i have learnt after numerous phone calls etc is that there have been quite a few deaths re bulldogs and to behonest i dont think the airlines want that responsability!! some bulldogs are worse than others, lulu isnt that bad her breathing is very good and she is quite fit and healthy, so he seems to know his stuff looks like i might just need a letter from my vet to confirm her breathing and stat of health and we can go ahead, he is very helpful and the only person so far that has been of real help.

thanks once again

natascia

fire starter

Message Posted:
11/02/2009 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 40 in Discussion

i hope it works out for you. its got to be better than driving all that way.

if you need anymore help give me an email, sharpeisara@hotmail.com

lulubell

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 40 in Discussion

hi firestarter

thanks alot i agree better than the journey by road, i will however be in touch re putting lulu in kennels for a brief period of time with you.

thanks once again for all your help

natascia

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.