North Cyprus Tourist Board - Congratulations Turkcell - another TRNC con
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Congratulations Turkcell - another TRNC con

Congratulations Turkcell - another TRNC con

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

tanman

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Congratulations Turkcell - the 3G scam is just typical of the way businesses run over here; start off full of promises of a fantastic service and then they over subscribe it. The result of this is poor service - and i was daft enough to think that a company the size of Turkcell with superior infrastructure would not go down this route.

Portable - my backside - can't get a signal at all in Esentepe and it's flakey in Girne.

TheSaints

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Hi tanman,

Could not help noticing the locations you are having problems with Turkcell 3G, from Mid May to Mid June I was using Turkcell 3G and it worked fine in the car at that bar on the cliff top past Essentepe also in the car at Tatlisu I got a good signal whilst in the Harbour in Girne and it worked well in Alsancak.

I have no complaints about the service at all........

suleman

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

it was quit good in the bigining but now it is going down

tanman

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 08:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

I would have replied earlier but i have been in Esentepe. Thanks for the reply Thesaints - shame they don't tell you that you need a car, that really is mobile - unfortunately i would need a van to get the whole office mobile.

gates

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 08:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

i am in esentepee and get perfect reception and all over never any problems try a diferent seting on network

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Tanman, I understand your frustration and anger, but what made you decide to buy the Turkcell modem and the "promised" (in TRNC...) services/quality in the first place? Wouldn't you be much better off (I guess you're having an office with a laptop plus several peripherals) with a wireless connection (antenna on the roof)? I use Nethouse Networks and although it's not near the quality I would get in Holland for far less money - the connection is up almost uninterrupted and the speed (although not what I was promised and pay for) is acceptable.

I ask the question because I got the impression that to many (potential) buyers of a Turkcell or Telsim 3G modem don't fully realise WHAT they are buying and even less WHY they are buying a MOBILE device.

I appreciate your thoughts and answer.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Sorry, typo: that to many = that too many

elkiton

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Turkcell, on the positive side, I live in a shadow area for 3G, no signal at all, so I have a 3G card running on GPRS 2G, dial up speed; but without this we would have no internet at home.

TonyE

tanman

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 15:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

DutchCrusader - i bought 3g as i wanted to have more choice of where i can use the internet and as this technology is sold as mobile i figured it was the answer. I don't always need all my peripherals but i would like the choice of working from more than one place.

Not sure i understand what you mean about buyers not realising WHAT they are buying - i really think most people understand mobile/portable. One main advantage for people is that they don't have to spend a lot of money on a dish and instillation.

Hector

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Would be good to hear from Turkcell as to their side of the story. There have been numerous complaints on this issue plus people being capped for downloading too much even though on an unlimited package.

It seems that businesses in NC take it as read that they can advertise and promise what they like. Then having got your money can then ignore their customers and service provision goes out the window.

tattlad

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Which is the best service provider using a dogle for a laptop then ? oppinions appreciated.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.