North Cyprus Tourist Board - Visiting a friend in TRNC, Do I need a Visa?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Visiting a friend in TRNC, Do I need a Visa?

Visiting a friend in TRNC, Do I need a Visa?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

HappyGirl1

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 06:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Everyone!

I am a student in UK. I am a resident here, not a citizen. I hold a Tanzanian passport. Just wondering if I need a visitors visa to TRNC? I am going to visit a friend and I'm only going to be there for less than a month, in fact I'll be there for just two weeks. Please advice me about the process. Do I need a visa? And if I do, where do I apply for it? I understand that some people are granted visas at the checkpoint when they arrive. I also understand that if I take a flight I might need to connect in Turkey, therefore needing a transita visa ( please tell me it isnt so, because am getting tired already...lol)

Thank you!

negativenick

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

you don't need to apply for a visa, a visa will be issued when you arrive in TRNC - see link below:

http://www.turkishcyprus.com/tourist-guide-general-information.html

As all flights to TRNC go via turkey - it is a good idea to look at Turkey visa info - see the link below:

http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/visa.htm#touristvisaforall

Hope this helps....

Nick

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Happygirl

My daughter in Law is Tanzanian, living in UK - she has 'indefinate leave to remain in UK but still is on Tanzanian Passport. Zulekha & her husband Ralph (my son) came to T.R.N.C. for Christmas & New Year last year. They flew Manchester to Ercan via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines. We contacted the T.R.N.C. representative in London to check if any visa was required and were told no, that she would be welcome and get visa stamp in her passport on arrival.

They had trouble at Manchester with Turkish Airlines making them sign a 'disclaimer' that they wouldn't be liable to fly them back if she couldn't enter T.R.N.C. They also had bother at Istanbul as they missed the connecting flight (due to TA's deleay) had to spend the bight sleeping in transit as they wouldn't let her 'into Turkey'

On arrival at Ercan T.R.N.C. she was welcomed and given 90 day visa! My advice would be to fly with CTA who although not direct, at least let you stay on the plane all the way!

cont

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

cont....

I hope you make the trip to visit your friend - you will have a lovely time I'm sure - Zulekha adored the place & can't wait to come back for another visit - unfortunately it's almost impossible (IMO) for young people from Uk to settle her & get jobs otherwise I think my son & his wife would be here fulltime!

Good Luck

Maggiex

HappyGirl1

Message Posted:
21/06/2009 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Nick, thank you so much for the links!

Hi Maggie, thank you for explaining everything in details. I feel more positive about this trip now... I will look into the flight plan and post any question I have! x

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 05:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Enya

The other thing I forgot to say was be careful about the route you take - I'm not sure but I don't think you can come via the south (Larnaca or Paphos) without a visa. I may be wrong about this but I'm sure other forum members will put me straight if I am!

Your best bet is flying with KTHY (CTA) into Ercan, not sure if Pegasus makes you get off in Turkey to change planes or not as never travelled with them.

Maggie x

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

re msg 6

YES, a Tanzanian National travelling with UK National WOULD ned a Visa, but the GOOD NEWS is that the RoC must issue one free of charge, IF the they are in a relationship ( say married) and can prove dependency to an EU National

Otherwise, a Visa would have to be paid for and a "Assumption of Responsibility" Document would be required from an non VISA citizen

More info here:

http://tinyurl.com/moxnba

Good Luck !

HappyGirl1

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Maggie

I will be only travelling in the North, so directly from UK. Thanks for that info though, am sure I could use it to help someone someday. I am now searching for flights as my travel day is almost here...well more like three weeks to go Thank you for your help!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.