North Cyprus Tourist Board - Help On Medical Insurance
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Help On Medical Insurance

Help On Medical Insurance

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See North Cyprus Insurance Related Threads posted so far

» Read Information about North Cyprus Property Insurance

steg63

Message Posted:
13/04/2007 03:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi folks

Just wondering can anyone give me advice on medical insurance when staying in N Cyprus and where to obtain it please.

I am coming over to N Cyprus in July for one month and usually i obtain a yearly insurance for my family and myself. I have recently read some information that states that since N Cyprus is not an EU member medical insurance covering the whole of Europe is inapplicable there. I was unaware that this insurance policy did not cover me until i read the article on insurance in N Cyprus. If anyone could advise or help it would be much appreciated. Dont want to be travelling without proper holiday insurance as i have a young family hate the thought of them or myself being ill or injured.

Also just wanted to point out to anyone travelling to N Cyprus to check their policy and ask their company if they are covered as they may find they are not.

livethedream

Message Posted:
13/04/2007 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Never had any probs. Haven't personally claimed for medical expenses, but family have and got paid. Also got paid out for late departure without any hassle.

ttoli

Message Posted:
13/04/2007 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

As a former Travel Agent in the UK, i can tell you that any European Policy will cover you(treated same as Turkey).

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/04/2007 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Think the insurance you mention that does not apply will be the E111 cover. This provides emergency cover in all EU states. Obviously not applicable here.

Usually travel insurance covers all Mediteranean countries and should be purchased anyway regardless of E111.

steg63

Message Posted:
13/04/2007 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for responding will check with the insurance company when i am renewing my yearly insurance with them. Best to be safe than sorry.

kiefer12

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

As far as my knowledge is concerned you could get insurance cover through it. One of my friend got that benefit and sometimes they pay for late departure.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Ttoli Msg 6

This information is correct for many insureres but in the last three years different insureres have different rules as to what is a Europe cover and what is not

I.E some insurers do and some do not include Egypt most do not include Israel even though both have cosatline on the Med.

Steg 63 Msg 1

You need to ask your current insurer and preferably get the information as an email or letter if they say yes. B e careful your policy may not cover the month but only so many days if so and you book for longer your policy may not be valid.

If you want to look we have two good travel insurance companies on our http://www.flightholiday.co.uk web site either for information or to book.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Re msg 4

The old E111 is no longer valid in the EU. If you've still got one, chuck it away!

You now have to have an EHIC card. Still simple and free to get, but your existing E111 will not be accepted, that includes in SC.

Rob

flightholiday

Message Posted:
31/03/2009 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

The EHIC card (the follow on to the E111) is valid for most EU countries BUT is not a replacement for Travel Insurance it only covers the local countries basic facilities.

Do have it with you as many insurers will not pay for costs that would have been covered by the EHIC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.