North Cyprus Tourist Board - Has anyone bought land and built themselves?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Has anyone bought land and built themselves?

Has anyone bought land and built themselves?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

AbbyG

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi all

Is there ANYONE out there in the C44 forum population who has bought a plot of land then built on it? Would be very interested to hear how the whole process went.

Cheers

Abby

paul90

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Abby

We bought 1 donum of TMD land in Karsiyaka in May 2007 through estate agents Donaghy and Beyler.

We have a separate contract with Sydney Construction for a house that will be complete in May 2008.

We paid stamp duty at 0.5% on the land and the contract is stamped and with our advocate. The land vendor is going to register it at the Land Office this week.

Our advocate still expects that it will take about two years from May 2007 before we get PTP and deeds.

So far so good but we are always prepared for the unexpected and recognise that we may have to pay some compensation at some date in the longer term, but hopefully at 1974 valuation. Remember that if you "improve" the land (by building on it) your case to keep it should be much stronger.

AbbyG

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Paul, thank you so much for your quick response. You are the ideal person to answer my questions because you have been through the process that I am embarking upon. I hope you don't mind if I contact you off board with some questions.

Cheers

Abby

paul90

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Please do so.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.