North Cyprus Tourist Board - When is tax due on a new home
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > When is tax due on a new home

When is tax due on a new home

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

terryrydell

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi i hope you can help me .I purchased a villa off plan april 2008 .I have been told i can collect the keys next month and pay my last payment(2,500).

I have contacted the solicitor who is not sure how much tax is due or when i have to pay it ,he said it could be up to two years from signing contract. i paid the stamp duty when i signed my contract i have the registration charges and vat to pay .so can any one tell me if it is correct that i dont go with the builder to land registry office and pay this straight away and get the tittle deeds.

Thank You

Terry

the butler

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Terry,

You will need your permission to purchase before you can do anything about getting your title deeds.

As you only bought off plan in April 2008 I doubt that they will be through yet. Your lawyer should be able to give you the application number and you can get in touch with the relevant office. You don't say if your villa is on a complex or not, if it is on a complex you will need for the properties to be parcellised. This can take anything up to 3 years or longer. Hope this helps

The butlers wife

terryrydell

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

HI

Yes that is very helpful ,my solicitor has power of aterny and it is not on a complex as such as the builder owned the land and has built 9 villas on it .So as he has finished building i have to do the final inspection and pay the last instalment .i guess i need to contact the lawyer to proceed with the deed entitlement.

Thank You

Terry

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

The butlers wfe , one of our complexes have just got there deeds our's will follow shortly purchased 2005, need to ask have you had your's yet ? just curious , cheers .

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.