North Cyprus Tourist Board - Just got back from Two weeks in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Just got back from Two weeks in North Cyprus

Just got back from Two weeks in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

britvic

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 17:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Hi all,

Just got back from a wonderful two weeks in sunny North Cyprus, apart from the usual chew with the builder we had a great time, it was lovely to meet up with so many members and put faces to names, last Saturday we were all at the Sempati Hotel where Gibson335 (Graeme) was performing, also their was Chillout (Linda) Arry (Ian) Daisy Dukes (Sam) and Nige, we had a great evening and although Gibson was without a singer he managed to carry off the vocals himself any way, it was truly a lovely evening and myself and Mr Britvic had a great time.

Along the way I met Lilli (Liz) at Guidos Restaurant, just a flying visit as we were on our way to meet up with some other people, Lilli bought us a drink , and although we didn't eat their the menu looked extensive and appetising, and I can now see why Guidos is so well liked as Lilli is a genuine warm person.

We have had some lovely meals out while their, The Hut for a snack during the day is a good choice, freshly cooked while you wait,

britvic

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

continued............. I had a burger while Mr Britvic had spaghetti bolognese very tasty, we were at The Hut yesterday too for a quick Efes before our flight home.

For evening meals and Mezes, we went to The Dream Castle, and The Archway Restauraunt, both recommended by Graeme and Linda and bot Restaurants equally good with food and service, a very nice experience.

The only meal we didn't enjoy was the Sunday roast at Punjab, before anyone says anything, I know traditional English meals are not what you go to N.C for and it was at the request of our elderly neighbours thet we went for a roast in the first place, the meal looked nice and was well presented, but was lacking in flavour, I have to say however the staff were very attentive.

Thank you Nige and Pat for all the help, especially with the generator, and the lifts from and to the airport.

Looking forward to seeing you all again in September, and forum photos of our evenings out are to follow.

Vicki

britvic

Coachie

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Vitbric...How come you did not come down to TBV for a drink with yours truly and twife.Enjoyed my golf with Ian and then he tells me you and your other half were over.By then I had got rid of the car otherwise you might have had an unexpected caller.I dropped into Guidos on one of our days out to see Lilli, but she was not their.Might see her next time we come over.We had a nice meal in the Essentepe Hotel,but my wife likes to do her own cooking so we did not eat out much.Weather was superb,but isnt the TRNC just like one big building site,never seen so many unfinished buildings in my life.Glad you had a nice time,so catch you later..

Lilli

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Hi britvic thank you so much. It was lovely to meet you both and to see the lovely daisy.Coachie Im so sorry I missed you twice but I dont have transport so wait around like cinderella (more like an ugly sister) for lifts. We will meet up that much I know. Britvic I hope we see you real soon xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Coachie

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Lilli..Did your young assistant tell you about the two visitors that arrived whilst we were there.Looked just like a couple of Turkish Mafia HA HA. Nice young lad and he made a nice cup of coffee for us. If the gods are good to us Lilli I have know doubt we will meet eventually.Bye for now..

britvic

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Coachie,So sorry we missed you, Ian told me all about the golf but didn't say where you were staying, I think I saw you one day, just opposite Guidos and a bit further down, you were on the phone outside of the car, I wasn't driving otherwise I would have stopped to say hello, there again it may not have been you after all, LOL

Coachie

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Vicki..Sorry m"dear twas not I on the phone,but I did call at Guidos to see Lilli,but alas the lady was not available.Another person like me ,are you mad woman.Some on here would say one of me is one too many,should have went to Specsavers..Talk to you later Vicky..

spider

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Vicki was so sorry that we missed you at Lady Daisys do,so wanted to get to it,spent yesterday with Sam,she came for a swim,and to meet up with us both,and a nice afternoon we had,sounds like we missed out on the Sampati evening too,Never mind.Hope to catch you on your next visit,take care.

Spider.x

britvic

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Spider, I was so disappointed that you couldn't make it to the barbecue at Daisy's, forgot to mention that, we all had a good time their too, and a few more forum members turned up.

I really do hope to meet up with you and Smithy on my next visit, I honestly don't know where the last fortnight went, it passed us by in a flash.

Vicki x

spider

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Vicki,make sure you make contact next time.cant get into the chat rooms.so next time Sam round we will play with it,she had so much mail to catch up on while here....and she is going to get me a photo up here on the Forum...so keep a looking,all of you,wont be long.

Spider,x

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 23:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

I went to Turkey for a holiday 2 weeks ago and on the plane everyone had to fill in a health decleration even children becaue of the swine flu, anyone had to complete one going into North Cyprus?

Turtle

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Sounds like you had the time of your life Vikki, Im guessing your glad to be back !!

britvic

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Message 11, No we didn't have to fill in a health declaration. Turtle, yes we had a great time, and a proper holiday for once as usually we are chasing the builder and all the stress that comes with it, I am glad to be back as the day we left it was just getting that little too hot and uncomfortable, I am not happy to see that in two weeks the grass has grown about three foot! LOL

teatime

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Vicky

"I am not happy to see that in two weeks the grass has grown about three foot"

Well get the mower out then, after you've made the other half a cuppa, that is.

LOL

britvic

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

teatime, Beat you to it, the lawn mower came out yesterday!

Lilli

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Coachie Yes he did tell me. Im so very sorry and I know we will meet soon xxxxxxxxxx

teatime

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Well done Vicky (You know your place lol)

One good thing about NC, not too much lawn mowing to do.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.