North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pumps gym advice pls
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pumps gym advice pls

Pumps gym advice pls

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

NatAless

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

I need to join, am getting lazy and bored! Just wondering can I get an English speaking personal trainer there? I was with Holmes Place in Barcelona & the only time I every did a proper work out was when my personal trainer was with me!

Are there also nice relaxing things like a sun-bathing area, pool, steam room etc?

& where do you recommend to get cheap gym gear? Nike shop is expensive, was thinking may have to go to the south :0( leggings t-shirt and trainers ok? Also is there music or monitors on the machines and should I bring my own ear plugs to hear them?

Thanks

Natx

stanley1

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Nat, my wife and i go to pumps and find it the best equipped gym here, only problem is Tariq(owner) does not offer personal training, he has a pool and sunbeds to use within your monthly fee, No steam rooms though. He has music playing and televisions to look at in front of the treadmills/rowing machines. Have a good friend who offers personal training at another gym if your interested? And very good. But no pool etc. Not sure about cheap gym stuff its all quite expensive i think.

jay76

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 14:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Nataless

You need a training partner always does the trick.

kazbo

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

If you go to windows cafe bar in girne and speak to helen the english girl who waits on. Her husband is a personal trainer

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

My oldest son is a corporal in the RAF Regiment, 2Sqn Paratroopers.

He is thinking of becoming a take-no-prisoners personal trainer out here when he leaves the RAF.

He lives in the gym, is frighteningly fit, has killed Taliban in hand-to-hand combat and hates civvies.

Do you think he might be the man for the job, or a bit OTT?

stanley1

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Kazbo yes it is him iam talking about, a good friend and really good trainer. If anyone needs a kick up the butt to get fit he is the one to do it!!!

Hector

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Helens husband is Kevin. Having used him myself, I can recommend him. Excellent personal trainer and one that can really structure work outs to suit you and not the trainer as I've experienced before. Really nice bloke.

NatAless

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 08:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks all for the tip, but think I will use Pumps as it's so close to home & I don't drive, will just have to motivate myself to train without a trainer ;0)

Natx

smithy

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Nat

As you know i go to Pumps well not the last few weeks, but Tarik will always show you how everything works and will also print you off a routine for each part of your body which is good, I find his so helpful

see you there

Sheila x

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.